Discussion Getting to know you (20 questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

to me america is the big flashy club with the huge pink neon sign telling you a hundred reasons why you should come spend your money with inflatable dancing blow up men waving around with satanic grins just begging you to have a taste of Hollywood and europe is the small dank bar that needs nothing but a sign saying open.. and i hate clubs

Fair enough, each to their own. May I ask whereabouts you went though, that may explain your views

to me america is the big flashy club with the huge pink neon sign telling you a hundred reasons why you should come spend your money with inflatable dancing blow up men waving around with satanic grins just begging you to have a taste of Hollywood and europe is the small dank bar that needs nothing but a sign saying open.. and i hate clubs
I'm with you. My plan is to work for year, get enough money to go see the sights of Europe (and the women ;)) for a couple of months and then come back to Australia and join the RAAF.

Can't decide where to go for my next big trip. Europe has soccer and all the history and sights and that, but I'd really like to go back to the states.

Planning to go to russia and around eastern europe. I'm really fascinated by the history of all the places and stuff. Desperate to get back to St James (sorry, Sports Direct Arena :p) as well.

There's too many places to see in the world.

Can't decide where to go for my next big trip. Europe has soccer and all the history and sights and that, but I'd really like to go back to the states.

I know I'm a bit biased cos I don't like soccer, but wouldn't the sport be better in America? Instead of just seeing one elite sport you could see 2 or 3; the NBA, NFL and MLB. I'm in love with the states too though :eek:

If I were to choose between Europe and USA, I'd go to Europe, easily. Relatives are there, great sport, atmosphere and best of all, cheap prices, I think... :D My trip would be based arould England and Greece, and if I could go at the right time, EURO 2012!!! If not though, I'd go see my Olympiakos, my Liverpool, and maybe a basketball match in Greece, (Olympiakos match). Greece is 2nd in the world in basketball, and I never got the genes from my ancestors... I love the sport, I don't know why.

If I were to choose between Europe and USA, I'd go to Europe, easily. Relatives are there, great sport, atmosphere and best of all, cheap prices, I think... :D My trip would be based arould England and Greece, and if I could go at the right time, EURO 2012!!! If not though, I'd go see my Olympiakos, my Liverpool, and maybe a basketball match in Greece, (Olympiakos match). Greece is 2nd in the world in basketball, and I never got the genes from my ancestors... I love the sport, I don't know why.

With the exception of the relatives, all of those things apply to the USA too ;) However, Europe is far from cheap, in fact it is the complete opposite which is why a lot of people can't get there. The USA on the other hand is extremely cheap, especially while their dollar is bad at the moment. They're both completely different places though so its almost impossible to compare them. I personally am a USA fan but we're all different which is fine :):thumbsu:

With the exception of the relatives, all of those things apply to the USA too ;) However, Europe is far from cheap, in fact it is the complete opposite which is why a lot of people can't get there. The USA on the other hand is extremely cheap, especially while their dollar is bad at the moment. They're both completely different places though so its almost impossible to compare them. I personally am a USA fan but we're all different which is fine :):thumbsu:

Agreed. In Europe, English is used by a a fairly substantial minority. Europe is also I good place if you want to avoid things like St Patricks Day.:rolleyes:

:D
America, where people are more Irish than the citizens of Ireland.

PS Adonis, Europe is 1000 times more expensive than the States.
Not only are things cheaper there, the Aussie dollar is stronger against the USD than it is against the Euro. So that makes it even cheaper.

I know I'm a bit biased cos I don't like soccer, but wouldn't the sport be better in America? Instead of just seeing one elite sport you could see 2 or 3; the NBA, NFL and MLB. I'm in love with the states too though :eek:
I know there's more of it, but I prefer Newcastle over all my American sports teams combined. Also got relatives living all over Europe (my uncle has a chateaux in southern france :D) an it's just a lot more interesting. I've never really been a theme parks ( and that sort of stuff) so. I'd be more inclined to visit the Eiffel tower or the tower of London than Harry potter world if you know what I mean.

Sort of depends in how old you are and stuff. And may I ask how rich are your parents. I hadn't been further than Bali (shudders) till I was 17.

Yeh. I'd love to go to Greece and meet some distant relatives and show them how appalling my Greek language skills are. I'd definitely try to go to a Panathinakos game and sit with Gate 13 and let off some flares. Would be mad fun. Its too much trouble trying to get anywhere for us as a family. Because he works in Asia and travels back frequently to NZ Dad usually gets pulled aside and gets the are you or are you not a drug lord line of questioning. Haven't been on a big holiday for a while now. Just basically have stuck to Fiji, Bali, Australia & NZ.....

I know there's more of it, but I prefer Newcastle over all my American sports teams combined. Also got relatives living all over Europe (my uncle has a chateaux in southern france :D) an it's just a lot more interesting. I've never really been a theme parks ( and that sort of stuff) so. I'd be more inclined to visit the Eiffel tower or the tower of London than Harry potter world if you know what I mean.

Sort of depends in how old you are and stuff. And may I ask how rich are your parents. I hadn't been further than Bali (shudders) till I was 17.

Yep fair enough, I guess if soccer's your thing then I'd be arrogant not to respect your opinion. As I've said, we're all different so there's no right or wrong side in this debate. Fair enough as well if you have relatives and aren't the biggest fan of theme parks and the like :)

And yeah, my parents aren't that rich. They're certainly on reasonable enough wages but nothing spectacular. Dad's only a tradie and mum's only a vet nurse. Only live in a typical single-storey suburbian house too. No home theatres or indoor swimming pools or anything massive like that, in fact we only just got air-conditioning put into our house last week :eek: Mum and dad just love travelling and save hard so that we can do this ever couple of years. They know all the tricks on how to get cheap flights and accomodation and whatever too so we never stay in any massive 5-star hotels or anything. I do admit I've been to a lot of places for a 17 year-old but I certainly can't complain. USA (twice), Mexico, Malaysia (three times), Thailand (three times) and Vietnam is my list so far I think. Speaking of Vietnam, mum and dad are going back there for three weeks next year, leaving me and my brother home alone ;) Parties will be on me :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geeez people cant realise when someones mucking around, trust me ive had my fair share of high school partys

Geeez people cant realise when someones mucking around, trust me ive had my fair share of high school partys

Sorry mate, posted that the same time as you. Haven't seen Bruno because I've heard its pretty ****ed and I'm homophobic but otherwise I probably would've known what you were talking about. Like Willo, I would also like to hear some of your wild stories ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Getting to know you (20 questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back