Game Day GF 2024 - does anybody GaF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Might as well consign all our GF day musings to one thread so that we can tie it up neatly tomorrow and put it out with next week's garbage. Saves cluttering up one of our long term threads.

So ...

My tip: Swans by 22. Heeney for the Norm.
My preference: There is an unexpected climate change induced cloudburst just as the half time entertainment starts, the MCG is flooded and the game is called off. TBH, I don't really care. Maybe Brisbane but I have AFL-come-lately in-laws who support Sydney so for their sake I'd be OK with a Sydney win.

The best part is that the premiers will be gloating in some remote city, we can quickly put the season behind us and once again start believing that "there's always next year".

Will be at the game, on way now.

CNGAF who wins, only hope for a game like last year not the year before.

Go with my Brother who follows another team so one of not too many games we go together.

Best part is when it's over 2024 is fully done and we can focus on next season

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Th only interest I have in the game is one that centres on the possibility of a Katy Perry wardrobe malfunction.

I heard that she’s bringing Pesto out as a special guest.

Go Riley Garcia in the sprint. There’s a missed opportunity by the AFL there, they really should have the Grand Final Repeat Sprints, we’d be a shoe in there 🤪

Put a bet on Brisbane for the flag a few weeks back. Otherwise I’m not sure I would care at all.

I hope I’m wrong, but I suspect a blowout either way. Brisbane come out strong and kick straight for once and swans can’t cope, or the swans find their best form and run through a Brisbane midfield that isn’t the best running back.

Neale NS, Bailey FG, Lions by 40.

I don’t particularly care who wins. I don’t have any hatred towards either and think whoever wins deserves it. Sydney have been comfortably the best team all season and Brisbane have been consistently the best over the last five years without winning one.

Just hope it’s close. 2022 absolutely sucked and killed all the atmosphere as Geelong were 5 goals up and Sydney had already thrown the white flag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In answer to the thread title, no I don't.

About to do some fencing and tree planting, should be finished just after the coverage ends. 👍

Enjoy your day all, catch you tomorrow! 🔴⚪🔵

I have D&D today so will just be checking the scores during breaks. Good thing it’s two teams I don’t really like so I’m not too upset to miss it.

I would rather another team did not win from outside top 4 in the current system

Doesn’t really matter that much to me. They still started with a home finals game, so 4 “away” games still can’t be beaten

I have D&D today so will just be checking the scores during breaks. Good thing it’s two teams I don’t really like so I’m not too upset to miss it.

Drunk & disorderly 😉

I’ve landed on wanting Brisbane to win but I’m only just there. Predominately because ever since our incredible 2016 run, Swans fans have done everything they can to try and delegitimise our win by whinging and whining.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
I think I’m probably on the Lions for this one, purely because of grandpa Fagan (disclaimer: not my actual grandpa. He’s just peak old fella vibes)

I also enjoy today a lot because people know I love footy so I’m left alone to my own devices and not interrupted 😅 been invited to a couple of GF parties but not gonna bother with any of them and will probably just shitpost on here for the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day GF 2024 - does anybody GaF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back