Preview GF Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Great selection, 100% agree with them!

I also like their changes, going in with one ruck now makes Jolly the X-factor for us, Jols up forward with be HUGE!

Also Baker hasn't played in 13 weeks? Good luck to him, no time getting used to the tempo in a final...

McEvoy will play, one of Baker, Dal Santo or Gram will not play, I guarantee it.

They surely can't go in against us with one ruckman, after it worked so badly for Geelong last week.

I love the selection, of both teams, for us anyway.

Just as I thought the Saints are going to try and win this through thuggery.

We shouldnt be worried, Baker hasnt played for 13 weeks and they drop their ruckman lol. Goodbye Stkilda. Very happy with Leon and Presti IN. Leon killed em last time.

McEvoy will play, one of Baker, Dal Santo or Gram will not play, I guarantee it.

They surely can't go in against us with one ruckman, after it worked so badly for Geelong last week.

Reckon Gram is the most likely to come out I reckon IF any come out of the Saints side

Reckon Gram is the most likely to come out I reckon IF any come out of the Saints side
Dal Santo as of Wednesday hadn't gotten out of a jog, nor kicked right footed.

I'm not expecting late changes either way, but Dal is in a worse state then Gram

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dal Santo as of Wednesday hadn't gotten out of a jog, nor kicked right footed.

I'm not expecting late changes either way, but Dal is in a worse state then Gram

So how does that affect his play?

I always knew Goldsack would be omitted but I think N. Brown was a bit stiff to miss out on the final glory. I wouldn't of really cared if Davis (who is my fav player) was omitted for N. Brown to be able to play but three talls in defence is a little iffy. However remember Davis is usually left to his devices against St Kilda and should be able to contribute a few goals and forward pressure like in our last encounter.

Also re-confirms (even though it was confirmed yesterday) Bally as being fit and ready for the GF.

All I can say is that Leon better be primed for the game of his life. He puts in another performance like he did against the Bulldogs and I know exactly how he'll end his career being remembered.

Agree.
Obvious trickiness = obvious.

I'm just happy the most under-rated player in Collingwoods history will get a game.
Presti needs a flag, we must do this for this champion.

Good call on the changes, Goldsack was poor last week under the pressure I thought.
Keeping Brown and Presti in the team for insurance against Riewoldt would have been over the top for a few reasons.

1. Presti/Reid/Maxwell are more than capable of doing a good job on him.

2. Having Presti and Brown on the ground would mean we would only have 16 players on the field who can play an offencive (and defensive) role. IMO you need Minimum 17 players who can do this.

3. If we really need help in the backline against Riewoldt (which we won't), L. Brown will take Kosi and Presti and Reid will take Riewoldt.

Furthermore, Davis I think deserves a spot after the fact that he has a role in our team far more important than Goldsack's. Everyone knows the role so I don't need to elaborate.

Pretty disappointed for Goldsack.

Presti should always get the gig over N.Brown. But Goldsack offers the side so much more flexibility to the side and could have really offered something on a fair number of players.

Leon is not a forward pocket and it saddens me that his reputation as a finals choker will only further be enhanced regardless of whether we win or lose because he simply will not hit the score board, just doesn't threaten to break games open with 3-4 goals when playing down there like a Milne or Schneider can. Just not a pure forward pocket and in my review list review I will write up next week I will make mention of this. He can chase and tackle and I know how much value the club puts on this but he won't provide anything from an offensive point of view. I know the club chose him because they think he will do more to help us win and structurally make us more rounded with another forward but not keen at all on this one. Hope for Leon's sake that he can kick 1-2 goals + 5+ tackles.

Goldsack for mine brings a hell of allot more to the table with his versatility and ability to rack up tackles around the ground as well as his ability to do defensive jobs and rebound.

EDIT: Baker makes for an interesting inclusion and it is clear that St.K are worried about our midfield depth through rotation. McEvoy I'm pretty disappointed for and personally I like him allot, but just means they are confident Koschitzke can back Gardiner up.
Would have played Geary who has perviously performed well against Coll + McEvoy in place of Dempster + Baker with McQualter lucky because we have so many rebounding defenders so for matchup reasons he is a logical one to keep in.

Furthermore, Davis I think deserves a spot after the fact that he has a role in our team far more important than Goldsack's. Everyone knows the role so I don't need to elaborate.

Disagree, our forward pressure against Geelong was BETTER without Davis. Him being so important to that is a myth.

Interesting two defenders out.

Like the ins though :thumbsu:

Bad luck Browny and Goldy. Hopefully you wont let this get you down.

Not that strange. With Prestis inclusion it's really only 1 out and with Goldy we played an extra defender against the Cats anyway. That team has the right balance for mine.

McEvoy out for Baker is an even bigger call than Moneybags for Davis, for mine.

Massive massive call!! It's a really strange one considering there are fitness queries over Gram and Dal Santo already and Baker has been out for so long. I think that can only play into our hands. You just don't take underdone players into Grand Finals. It's asking for trouble. They're obviously backing their taggers to take out Pendlebury (Jones) and Didak (Baker) in the hope there top end players will beat our remaining top end players. I can't see that working.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview GF Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back