Preview GF Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I like Brown, and as good as I think he'll be, I think Presti was a must.

I could honestly see Riewoldt getting hold of Brown on the weekend and that would've been just about it for us.

Regardless of whether Presti is 100% match fit or not, he has the experience and know how if Nick starts to get some confidence up.

Brown's time will come, but at the moment, if a forward gets a run on him, it can get a little bit out of control.

kosi is shit and blake is horribly undersized

Plus move kosi to the ruck, we can triple not just double team riewoldt, move blake to the ruck we get fisher on cloke or gilbert on cloke and that's hilarious

You didn't understand me... I said if we go in with only one ruck you guys seem to think Kosi will back up.... But I would bet a lot that Blake will be back up... Dawson Gwilt will take the 2 talls and share with Gilbert and Fish if that happens and blake will just go where Leigh Brown goes. Blake has a huge leap pinch hitting ruck used to be his main role he played some huge games there.. notable 3 goal 2nd half in the ruck by himself against Hawks 2 years ago... He adds some mobility hopefully to match your guys around the ground.... Extremely harsh on Ben, but could prove to be not a bad move by us... Time will tell tho. Good luck :thumbsu:

Rhys Stanley is listed in the GF sprint as well as an emergency.

McEvoy would be selected ahead of Stanley anyway.

Interesting we have Ryan Cook in the sprint. I get the feeling it might be because he was not in the mix for selection. Certainly won't come close to winning it.
Sinclair in the sprint would have intrigued me though.

You didn't understand me... I said if we go in with only one ruck you guys seem to think Kosi will back up.... But I would bet a lot that Blake will be back up... Dawson Gwilt will take the 2 talls and share with Gilbert and Fish if that happens and blake will just go where Leigh Brown goes. Blake has a huge leap pinch hitting ruck used to be his main role he played some huge games there.. notable 3 goal 2nd half in the ruck by himself against Hawks 2 years ago... He adds some mobility hopefully to match your guys around the ground.... Extremely harsh on Ben, but could prove to be not a bad move by us... Time will tell tho. Good luck :thumbsu:

Blake certainly could go for a run in the ruck and there is some merit in the idea of following L.Brown there if there is confidence in Koschitzke as a forward.

Personally I would go Koschitzke in the ruck as the backup because I do like what he does when he moves in there, but still certainly I do think Blake will clock up some minor minutes in there also. You are not wrong.

Good luck St Kilda and hope for a close, exciting game. Looking forward to it.

Wouldn't have played Davis Personally, but sack wasn't great last week too fumbly for my liking

Dave never ever question Presti.

Strange selection for the saints out a ruckman for a thug

Agree with that, mind you BJ wasn't much better, but you can't drop the Honeycut crab boy.

the inclusions make sense. Leon was always going to play and i KNOW that he will contribute on Saturday. Presti was always coming in for Brown.

i am shocked with the McEvoy decision? i think he goes alright and this may backfire for the Saints

I'm sure they watched our game against Geelong and it does sound like they were worried about our midfield being able to run through them. Our ball movement against Geelong was first rate and we made them look slow, St Kilda aren't all that fast either so adding the extra player to allow for a greater midfield rotation is probably not a bad move for mine. Koschitzke in the ruck isn't bad either, and certainly Blake is the other who could go through there, so for mine good move Saints. Really trying to cream it for all the experience they can get :)

leon is the opportunist and if its low scoring he could be the difference. Smart move and i think it makes sense to add more attacking power against what might be a low scoring slog.
On the other hand i hope its a fairly high scoring spectucal.
Just to add i wouldn't be surprised at all if baker doesn't play.

Oh Leon Leon Leon Leon Leon Leon Leon.

This is his chance to get rid of the goes missing in big games tag, hope he is successful for our sake.

Baker won't play, come on if he went to Swan he would suffer cardiac arrest within 4 minutes and they will be down to 21.

Hmmm, Baker in... If he tries his thug tactics on whoever he plays on (Didak?), I hope they move to the forward line, expose him & receive free kicks for Bakers thug tactics. If he has come in for that reason, I'm sure he will cost the saints a few goals.

Presti in, was a no brainer imo... Leon however, has not warranted selection imo... I just hope he has a good final in him... go LEON! CMON PIES!

When you look at their forward line they only have 2 talls, kozi and rooey. ( a pinch hitter may be Dempster).

They really have no other tall forwards. This team is horses for courses. We have 2 talls and 2 options to replace the talls. Going in with another tall defender would be wrong.

Presti -> Brown was always on. Once you look at their forward line then Goldsack was the obvious exclusion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay people. First things first, the selections being made are positive for mine. Both these players add crucial roles to our side and are in our best 22. Yes we know the Leon hasn't had a great record in finals, but one thing that he is crucial for in our side is his addition to our forward pressure structure. Sure he doesn't kick bags, but he is key to our game structure and plan. He has led inside 50 tackle count all year for us, so for mine it's a great decision and I would have chosen him easily over Goldsack. Plus Leon and Presti bring in GF experience which will aid all the other players. Great decision for mine. Im sure Presti will slot smoothly in like he always does :)

What happens if goes up against Jolly who I think will Ruck 85-95% of the Game?

I am pretty shocked to hear all these people saying we are gonna lose with Leon in. He has the most tackles inside forward 50 for us this year. He might not get much of the ball but as long as he tackles and harasses and causes a turnover il be very happy with him. We would not have been better of with Goldsack in ahead of Leon.

Hmmm, Baker in... If he tries his thug tactics on whoever he plays on (Didak?), I hope they move to the forward line, expose him & receive free kicks for Bakers thug tactics. If he has come in for that reason, I'm sure he will cost the saints a few goals.

Presti in, was a no brainer imo... Leon however, has not warranted selection imo... I just hope he has a good final in him... go LEON! CMON PIES!

The thing with Baker is that he will play with heart and give it everything his little old body can muster.

Will be interesting to see how the veterain goes. I think he might exceed expectations and surprise a few with a solid game.

I expect Baker to come out and play this like his last game.

We all know why Baker was brought in. It's not rocket science, he is clearly brought in to ruffle some guys up. Absolutely dirty tactic from the Saints

To those who dont like the selection of Leon, thats fair enough, but Im going to trust Mick and Bucks with the selection.

So even if you arent a fan of the choice, cheer even louder for him on Saturday! Help him to be the inspirational player we know he can be.

A few things about the changes.

1. Presti in for Brown is a plus.
2. I see the same plus in Davis coming in for Goldsack who hasn't really set the world on fire.
3. Baker's inclusion to me screams fear. There is no other reason they would bring him back for the GF. They could have eased him back last week but didn't, and dragging him in now says to me that they know how superior our running players are.
4. I really hope Dal Santo plays as he will be ineffectual. He is no where near fit.

A few things about the changes.

1. Presti in for Brown is a plus.
2. I see the same plus in Davis coming in for Goldsack who hasn't really set the world on fire.
3. Baker's inclusion to me screams fear. There is no other reason they would bring him back for the GF. They could have eased him back last week but didn't, and dragging him in now says to me that they know how superior our running players are.
4. I really hope Dal Santo plays as he will be ineffectual. He is no where near fit.

Great post :thumbsu:

Agree with that, mind you BJ wasn't much better, but you can't drop the Honeycut crab boy.

Johnson had 22 touches 7 marks and a goal
Goldsack had 8 touches and 3 marks

Really a dropping performance? Wouldn't think so..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back