Preview GF Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Plus, Davis in the forward line will allow Blair into the centre. I'm expecting at least 20 - 25 tackles from Blair and Ball on the weekend.

--> Less movement forward for the Saints
THUS, no need for Brown.

I think we have made the most obvious and best decision for our team.
Sure Nathan Brown has done a fine job for the last few weeks but Presti has been fantastic for 230 odd games prior to that.
Goldsack was late in for Leon last week and did not do enough to warrant keeping him in. Leon also has a decent record against the saints in recent times so fingers crossed he is able to get a couple of goals early.

Very happy Presti is in, I really think we need him.

Leon... Well here's hoping he plays the game of his life. He has the potential to be a game breaker, and he has something to prove. I don't think goldsack has that same potential. Plus the sack has been pretty average the last few games he has played, so I don't think we are losing anything with him not in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there're no late changes then the St Kilda match committee has just done their best to guarantee us a premiership. I was a little bit concerned that when McEvoy was rucking we'd have Roo, Kosi and Gardiner to deal with in the back line (Gardiner is a much better forward than Kosi) and that is hard to match up on in anyone's language. It also means that double teaming Roo would be very difficult.

With this setup, we can double team Riewoldt all game and one of Kosi or Gardiner will always be rucking meaning our backs won't be stretched. We will smash them in the ruck no matter which combination they bring so I'm not even talking about the smashing Gardiner will recieve without any help.

They have to be taking the piss though? I'm expecting one of Gram, Dal Santo or Baker to come out and McEvoy to go in. Otherwise, WOOHOO!! Go Pies!!

Leon is gonna light up the G....
Good to see Presti in changes were pretty obvious :)
Let's not start all this BULL S#$% Leon is in were gonna lose.
Have faith in Mick and what he has done this year.

GO PIES let's bring it home :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
It isnt crap.....its gospel. And there is more than enough evidence> Watch the 2002 and 2003 grand finals.........

Disagree, our forward pressure against Geelong was BETTER without Davis. Him being so important to that is a myth.

Correct, but sacrificing Blair's and Wellingham's time in the midfield.
Read my post above for my reasoning.

Very happy Presti is in, I really think we need him.

Leon... Well here's hoping he plays the game of his life. He has the potential to be a game breaker, and he has something to prove. I don't think goldsack has that same potential. Plus the sack has been pretty average the last few games he has played, so I don't think we are losing anything with him not in.

I'd prefer the consistency to the potential. Davis'll more than likely have three touches and two clangers.

Lockyer, Goldsack and Brown are all better options against strong teams in close games. If Davis kicks four, it'll be because we've slaughtered them. It won't be that we've slaughtered them because of Davis' impact.

A grand final is won by inches. The three emergencies for mine are all better in this context. Especially the two defenders.

Stupid decision.

Sorry to step in lads.. but just noticed most of you seem to think that if we only go in with one ruck.. kosi will do the back up work...... I would be extremely confident in betting that when Leigh Brown is on the ground he will be going up against J Blake... That was his regular role under the Grant Thomas reign.

Sorry to step in lads.. but just noticed most of you seem to think that if we only go in with one ruck.. kosi will do the back up work...... I would be extremely confident in betting that when Leigh Brown is on the ground he will be going up against J Blake... That was his regular role under the Grant Thomas reign.
kosi is shit and blake is horribly undersized

Plus move kosi to the ruck, we can triple not just double team riewoldt, move blake to the ruck we get fisher on cloke or gilbert on cloke and that's hilarious

We have simply picked the best 22 players on our list IMO.

Outside of the 22 selected we have;

*Goldsack; who was in career best form 6 weeks out from the finals, but faded dramatically late in the season, and was almost our worst player last week, especially early
*Lockyer; The pace has the game has simply gone past Tarks, and it would be his last game ever if he played
*N.Brown; Brown vs Presti, no comparison, even though Nathan has done little wrong in the finals. Hall could have kicked 6 on him though (2.3 and one OOB) so I think that's what tipped the decision in Presti's favour
*Medhurst; Simply hasn't performed at senior level all year, and has been out of the side too long now
*Fraser; Leigh Brown and Jolly much better options

McCarthy, Buckley, Wood, Dick (inj) and add a few others, and you have the "competitors".

But the side we have selected to me, is the best 22 players on our list.

That is the most Stupid Post I seen on here for a Long Time:rolleyes:

It's not entirely wrong sadly.

It isnt crap.....its gospel. And there is more than enough evidence> Watch the 2002 and 2003 grand finals.........

I actually really like Leon as a player and I think he can play in big games.. But the thing that the 2002+2003 grand final should remind us all is that the forward pocket is not the position.

He has played as a forward pocket this year and doesn't seem 100% so I do worry for the kid and his reputation.

Had a stayed as a half forward flanker for the season I think he would be in our best 22.

In a forward pocket he can tackle and chase, but the offensive side he can't get right consistantly which is the issue here.

Leon is a player who needs the ball in his hands regularly to build confidence. He could do this on a half forward flank where he would both get more of the ball but also continue to apply this pressure as he would in a forward pocket.

Leon unfortunately doens't seem to have the match fitness of late to move up to a forward flank and for chemistry reasons the forward pocket is unfortunately where it looks like he will be stuck for the game.
= Not likely to have a great offensive game or hit the score board in a big way.

EDIT: These are the times you would love Brad Dick to be able to come into the team. Would fit into the forwardline perfectly and the team chemistry would be supurb. Then you get the offensive game Leon can't regularly produce as a forward pocket, sadly however this is not the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview GF Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back