Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know of Lions friendly pub in Sydney ?
Thinking to go and sit with supporters if possible.
Never heard of one. There's a few Swans ones, but barely even one GWS one.

Never heard of one. There's a few Swans ones, but barely even one GWS one.

was speaking to a Swans mate and he mentioned they're opening up SCG for swans supporters to sit and watch on big screen. I'm sure others can go too, that might be the one this weekend.

Agreed. Real cart before the horse areas.

And that's before we get to the fact we should have an Australian act performing on Grand Final day, rather than jetsetting in some foreigner who wouldn't even be able to draw a football (and I actually don't mind some of Katy Perry's stuff).

Ultimately tho I guess Fagan and co are all about minimising distractions etc this week, of which this would be one if we did make a song and dance out of it.
In the pre-game entertainment she will probably sing the song that goes, "I am a tiger, hear me roar or something like that.

There is some suggestions us Lions fans should yell Lions where ever she sings Tiger

Don't shoot the messenger I just what a mate told me.

Got a couple of activities sorted for our GF experience.

Dinner booked at the Royal Derby Hotel Thursday night, by coincidence the Roar Deal is on there that night as well.

Grand Final parade and open training on Friday.

Might do the Lions walk to the MCG from Federation Square on Saturday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was speaking to a Swans mate and he mentioned they're opening up SCG for swans supporters to sit and watch on big screen. I'm sure others can go too, that might be the one this weekend.
Yeah Henson Park and the SCG will be open but it's looking like rain on Saturday here. All of the AFL pubs here are, quite rightly, Swans supporting pubs. I imagine places like the Vic on the Park would show the AFL GF before the Rugby so it may be more neutral somewhere like that. The Tudor in Redfern is always my go to but they are massive Swans fans (never been there when the Swans are playing)

Yeah Henson Park and the SCG will be open but it's looking like rain on Saturday here. All of the AFL pubs here are, quite rightly, Swans supporting pubs. I imagine places like the Vic on the Park would show the AFL GF before the Rugby so it may be more neutral somewhere like that. The Tudor in Redfern is always my go to but they are massive Swans fans (never been there when the Swans are playing)
Watched a the giants final in 2019 at the courthouse in Newtown.

There was more than 5 less than 10 of us in Lions scarves.

About the best you can do

Dinner booked at the Royal Derby Hotel Thursday night, by coincidence the Roar Deal is on there that night as well.

Is there an official March from fed square as well or youā€™re referring to the roar deal one at midday? Itā€™d be good if the club could advertise this to get as many people going at once. I did it last year from the roar deal brunch and it was great atmosphere.

In the pre-game entertainment she will probably sing the song that goes, "I am a tiger, hear me roar or something like that.

There is some suggestions us Lions fans should yell Lions where ever she sings Tiger

Don't shoot the messenger I just what a mate told me.

I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter
Dancing through the fire
'Cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
'Cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar

The chorus already has lion in there - so we should be okay!

Is there an official March from fed square as well or youā€™re referring to the roar deal one at midday? Itā€™d be good if the club could advertise this to get as many people going at once. I did it last year from the roar deal brunch and it was great atmosphere.
It's The Roar Deal one I assume, our itinerary is being planned by someone else, I'm just tagging along for the ride.

What time is the walk from Fed square taking place, please ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back