Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Squizz89

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Early previous but **** it why not? We’re in the granny again!

Oscar obviously out, you’d assume Fort straight in.

Assume Charlie didn’t get a knock in that late free kick where Cal goaled?

Also saw Nathan Barley mention an incident with Hipwood early. Is he likely to miss? Would he a huge out too.

Early previous but **** it why not? We’re in the granny again!

Oscar obviously out, you’d assume Fort straight in.

Assume Charlie didn’t get a knock in that late free kick where Cal goaled?

Also saw Nathan Barley mention an incident with Hipwood early. Is he likely to miss? Would he a huge out too.

Didn’t get a replay but given it wasn’t highlighted you’d suspect there wasn’t much contact

Big O out sucks. He’s such a great team man. Devastated for him.

Yes.

But no....

Because?

In Oscar's world, right now, there's about 24-30 people close by, that KNOW he helped bring us here.

Medal/no medal, different convo.

Internally?

There's clarity :D

LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
:D

Oscar out is massive. I wonder what we might do, there must be a temptation to play Smith. It allows us to have the option of him or Joe up forward. Fort obviously is ruck only. Neither of them are Big O this year.

It just sucks, lose out hardest to replace player in opening round and our second hardest player to replace in the PF.

Sydney had a cake walk off a nice rest, we might just run out of legs at the worst possible time. They are going to be just as hungry as we are after 2022.

If we don't run out of legs, we can definitely take them, we are a hard match up for them but man, Grundy has the potential to be a massive point of difference now with no Oscar.

Oscar out is massive. I wonder what we might do, there must be a temptation to play Smith. It allows us to have the option of him or Joe up forward. Fort obviously is ruck only. Neither of them are Big O this year.

It just sucks, lose out hardest to replace player in opening round and our second hardest player to replace in the PF.

Sydney had a cake walk off a nice rest, we might just run out of legs at the worst possible time. They are going to be just as hungry as we are after 2022.

If we don't run out of legs, we can definitely take them, we are a hard match up for them but man, Grundy has the potential to be a massive point of difference now with no Oscar.

I think the games earlier in the year showed Smith isn't much of what forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seem to remember a game vs Grundy (Collingwood) in 2021 without Oscar; where we ended up breaking even in centre clearances by basically not contesting the ruck at all and just reading Grundy’s taps extremely well

Tough watch. Jerry should be very proud of his role he had getting us back into this season. He was huge for us earlier in the year moving into the middle. Go win it now mate.

Wowee that was tough to listen to. I said earlier Berry wants to redeem himself but that was extreme.

I know he did a stupid thing last year but he is not the reason we lost - every mistake every player made throughout the game was. He shouldn't beat himself up like that.

I seem to remember a game vs Grundy (Collingwood) in 2021 without Oscar; where we ended up breaking even in centre clearances by basically not contesting the ruck at all and just reading Grundy’s taps extremely well
It’s well known that Grundy is not a good tap ruckman. Brisbane will just rove Grundy’s hitouts. Forte just needs to be very physical and body Grundy who will give away a lot of frees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back