Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Oscar out is massive. I wonder what we might do, there must be a temptation to play Smith. It allows us to have the option of him or Joe up forward. Fort obviously is ruck only. Neither of them are Big O this year.

It just sucks, lose out hardest to replace player in opening round and our second hardest player to replace in the PF.

Sydney had a cake walk off a nice rest, we might just run out of legs at the worst possible time. They are going to be just as hungry as we are after 2022.

If we don't run out of legs, we can definitely take them, we are a hard match up for them but man, Grundy has the potential to be a massive point of difference now with no Oscar.
Besides the GABBA, if you guys had to pick what ground to play Sydney at for a winner take all - it would be the MCG.
You play the ground much better than Sydney. It’s a second home for the Lions.
Enjoy this week because you will get the result you want. I believe the Lions will trounce the Swans in the GF.

I seem to remember a game vs Grundy (Collingwood) in 2021 without Oscar; where we ended up breaking even in centre clearances by basically not contesting the ruck at all and just reading Grundy’s taps extremely well
Yep - Fullarton and Ballenden combined for the grand total of 4 hit-outs. It was the game Bailey kicked the goal after the siren.

Only lost clearances by 5.

Oscar out is massive. I wonder what we might do, there must be a temptation to play Smith. It allows us to have the option of him or Joe up forward. Fort obviously is ruck only. Neither of them are Big O this year.

It just sucks, lose out hardest to replace player in opening round and our second hardest player to replace in the PF.

Sydney had a cake walk off a nice rest, we might just run out of legs at the worst possible time. They are going to be just as hungry as we are after 2022.

If we don't run out of legs, we can definitely take them, we are a hard match up for them but man, Grundy has the potential to be a massive point of difference now with no Oscar.
Smith is too green, and a massive risk to be exposed. Fort comes in, and assuming all going well perhaps sub him for extra running legs in the third.

No reason to think this team will run out of legs. They’ve shown the last 2 weeks they’re a machine on a mission, we’re hardened, and know how to win.

I really need to sleep for a 6am wake up but am still buzzing..

How freaking good was that!!!

A whole team performance. At times the connection between the players made it look rehearsed (with the opposition) it was so smooth. That's a group of people acting like a single brain was in control. I guess that's what trust looks like.

They do that next week and Sydney don't stand a chance.

BTW just bought my roar deal tickets for thursday. Get in before the sell out. That and the Friday open training were the highlights of last year.

I was up at 6 last year whisper screaming at at the TV (so I didn't wake my weiner kids) for the Lions last year and I'll be doing something similar this year. If we lose, I'll be miserable and I'll probably post plenty I don't mean but I will, in time, be stoked for you after your club pulled itself out of the shit times.

Hope you lose tho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BTW just bought my roar deal tickets for thursday. Get in before the sell out. That and the Friday open training were the highlights of last year.
Flying down earlier on Friday this year. For people who were already there last year was the open training before or after the parade on the Friday? Wouldn’t mind going if we can make it.

Flying down earlier on Friday this year. For people who were already there last year was the open training before or after the parade on the Friday? Wouldn’t mind going if we can make it.
I think I read last night that they'll fly down a day earlier this year and the training will be on the Thursday

Yeah saw that mate but that was the main session apparently Thursday with the captains run still on the Friday. I would assume the captains run is the training open to the public? 🤷‍♂️

It was first thing in the morning last year, 9:00am if I recall correctly. Can get pretty busy around the G on the Friday, so was good to get in early last year

Sorry for the intrusion. I just wanted wanted to wish the Brisbane Lions all the best for the big game. I know it mightn’t mean much but this magpies supporter will be cheering you on.

Go Lions!

Where did you buy these tickets Gadzorks? I’d be really keen to go, but can’t find them

Is on the roar deal patron page, you need to be a subscriber.

I believe that unsold tickets will be made available to non suscribers later today but don't know how.

I think I can speak for most Hawks supporters that we’ll be barracking hard for the Lions, not just for knocking off Geelong, but giving Fagan another chance at premiership glory. Hope you guys can cover the loss of Big O and shut down Grundy. Enjoy the week. Go Lions.

If we do get up I think this run eclipses the bulldogs in 2016 in terms of winning from outside the top 4. Yes they finished lower but played two games in their home state including the GF against a higher ranked team
And forget Hawthorn this year too.
I think the Lions have been the most amazing team this year from where they come from at the start.
Quite an incredible turnaround.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back