Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

BTW just bought my roar deal tickets for thursday. Get in before the sell out. That and the Friday open training were the highlights of last year.
Just got a ticket for Thursday. Stoked!
(Anyone who missed out and contacted Dom/Mike, I recommend you check your email). 😉

…sure, not quite on the same scale as getting GF tickets, but a great way to start the GF weekend.

No pressure, but if we win this game, we will be the only club to simultaneously hold the Premiership Cup, AFLW Cup, NAB Cup and AFLX trophy at the same time.

It's the equivalent of a boxer uniting all the titles at once. But better.
NEAFL cup as well

Northern Lions, with flights such a rort, consider driving.
My brother and I recently drove from Surfers to Melbourne in 1 day, easy.
Left Surfers at 5am, arrived Melbourne CBD 9.30pm.

It's 110kph pretty much all through NSW and VIC.
Speed cams are easy to spot.
A few roadhouse stops to fuel up. Ate and drank in the car. Swapped driver frequently.

I love a good road trip. We had a lot of fun.
And you'd be amped.
This, my sister and I drove Mel-Byron in one day back in Jan, my biggest learning was that if I ever had to get to the Gabba urgently and there were no flights, it can be done

Last edited:

This, my sister and I drove Mel-Byron in one day back in Jan, my biggest learning was that if I ever had to get to the Gabba urgently and there were no flights, it can be done
It's about 19 hrs of actual driving time between Brisbane and Melbourne. Quickest way is the Newell Highway.
So it's not so bad with multiple drivers. When it's just me driving, I try to get to Parkes on the first day from Brisbane after leaving very early in the morning. Then it's an easy drive on the second day.

You kind of forget Brodie Grundy is 30 years old. He can certainly have a big game on Saturday but he doesn't strike fear into me compared to other rucks in the comp. If Darcy Fort can play his role we will be ok I think.

We can win this if we play our best.

Table for 13 booked at the Stones corner pub.
Mate going in today to suss out to make sure our table is in a primo spot.
So exiting , I just can't stay home and watch, need to have that euphoria of watching the game , singing country roads and the Lions song at the end (hopefully) in mass unison with fellow Lions supporters .

It's about 19 hrs of actual driving time between Brisbane and Melbourne. Quickest way is the Newell Highway.
So it's not so bad with multiple drivers. When it's just me driving, I try to get to Parkes on the first day from Brisbane after leaving very early in the morning. Then it's an easy drive on the second day.
After the Pacific Highway upgrades it's quicker to go down the coast but you do need to take the toll roads through Sydney to get the 30 minutes of savings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back