Rumour GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets put things into perspective. Shannon is listed on the Club's website as a Ruck. He will not make it as any more than a back up ruck. He is a forward or nothing..

AFL - 5 games - 1 goal

VFL

2021 - 5 games 6 goals 3 behinds
2022 - 15 games 33 goals 17 behinds
2023 - 8 games 17 goals 11 behinds

I think he has potential, but he has not shown enough to punt our future on. He had an injury interrupted season this year with an ankle injury. He also had an ankle injury that put him out for most of the year in his junior year the year he was drafted. I think he is at a stage in his development that he should be taking VFL games apart. Let's see how he goes next year if he gets an injury free run.
Neale is a mark and grab guy. I really hope he develops. His efforts against St Kilda this year shows he is a long way off. Neale gets lots of posts about his potential but 1 goal in 5 AFL games is a poor return. I bundle him in the group like Frampton, Koschitzke, Mc Donald, Thilthorp, Van Rooyan and others i may have missed. They take nice grabs with quality service but not elite. No ground ball second efforts, footy IQ lacking for example: bringing the ball to the ground when out of position. Lord may be just another mark and grab guy.

Neale is a mark and grab guy. I really hope he develops. His efforts against St Kilda this year shows he is a long way off. Neale gets lots of posts about his potential but 1 goal in 5 AFL games is a poor return. I bundle him in the group like Frampton, Koschitzke, Mc Donald, Thilthorp, Van Rooyan and others i may have missed. They take nice grabs with quality service but not elite. No ground ball second efforts, footy IQ lacking for example: bringing the ball to the ground when out of position. Lord may be just another mark and grab guy.
Neale has shown less than most of those players at afl level. He needs to play and get some confidence to see if he can go to the next level. It might not be best for the team in the short term but he’s benefit from playing alongside Hawkins and Cameron for a few weeks.
They’ll make sure he gets a couple of goals by brining him into the game, he’d get a weaker opponent and he can learn from two of the best.

Is nobody at all concerned about the expansion factor when hoping the club picks up Sanders? It’s all well and good to attract talent and all, but is there a concern that he will get a few years of development in VIC only to be schmoozed into the TAS club just as he’s hitting his straps?
I'd back our club and system to be able to keep him. Having said that, if he was to go then hopefully we'd be well compensated by the immense amount of top 20 picks they'll have at their disposal.

Errrr...have you ever watched Van Rooyen - none of that is correct, lol.

I think the gap between the names floated at our pick and those 10 back are overstated. I'd be eying those three North picks.

Overstated is a good word I think. Im sure they have an appealing high of potential.

A smug Ralph read out a description when the group was talking about Reid on the trade show... "..He's an elite ball winner with good skills, an attractive player to us for numerous reasons , a relentless competitor who has leadership first class character..." but then he drops the description was from years ago and and was about Will Philips.

The hyperbole can be strong about players in draft and it seems more its said, the more convincing it becomes till eventually its disputed fact. No doubt the kids in the first round are talented ..but the question for all the kids is how they cope against an open age field players who were the best in their age groups and how they develop. Who has the underlying talent to play at the next level. Some will adapt and others will flounder.

Philips is out of contract next year. Would it surprise anyone he goes elsewhere for a lot less than North paid.

I have asked Chat GPT to value Esava based on very minimal prompts and it has come up with the following. Just posted it on the Trading Board so looking forward to further entertainment come our way 😂

• Option A: Pick 12 (1329 points) for Ratugolea (1000 points) and our future third-round pick (estimated at Pick 50, worth 357 points). This option would give us an early first-round pick that we could use to draft a quality midfielder or forward, while giving Port Adelaide a key defender and some extra points for matching bids on their academy prospects.
  • Option B: Pick 16 (1067 points) and a player swap for Ratugolea (1000 points). This option would give us a mid-first-round pick that we could use to draft a quality midfielder or forward, while also acquiring a player from Port Adelaide that fills a list need or adds depth to our squad. The player swap could involve one of Port Adelaide’s fringe players or surplus players in positions where we need more options, such as ruck, wing or small forward.
  • Option C: Pick 16 (1067 points) and our future second-round pick (estimated at Pick 36, worth 502points) for Ratugolea (1000 points) and Port Adelaide’s future first-round pick (estimated at Pick 14, worth 1161 points). This option would give us a mid-first-round pick that we could use to draft a quality midfielder or forward, while also trading up in next year’s draft, where we could target another key position player or a high-end talent. This option would also give Port Adelaide more points for matching bids on their academy prospects and a key defender, while only sliding back two spots in next year’s draft.

I'm pretty sure he was ruck not forward for 4 of those games and I think 3 as sub.

It's more correct to say he really hasn't been tried at the level yet

Lets put things into perspective. Shannon is listed on the Club's website as a Ruck. He will not make it as any more than a back up ruck. He is a forward or nothing..

AFL - 5 games - 1 goal

VFL

2021 - 5 games 6 goals 3 behinds
2022 - 15 games 33 goals 17 behinds
2023 - 8 games 17 goals 11 behinds

I think he has potential, but he has not shown enough to punt our future on. He had an injury interrupted season this year with an ankle injury. He also had an ankle injury that put him out for most of the year in his junior year the year he was drafted. I think he is at a stage in his development that he should be taking VFL games apart. Let's see how he goes next year if he gets an injury free run.
If I remember correctly Neale in his AFL game this year missed at least two easy shots at goal. Goals he would have slotted easily in the VFL. (His best attribute is his kicking. )

A haul of 3 would have been a good return from an effort that reassured me that he has something to offer.

I , as have others, have explained why returns by tall forwards in the VFL are greatly discounted by lack of system and hence slow scrambled entries often to the forwards disadvantage.

On SM-G930U using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm pretty sure he was ruck not forward for 4 of those games and I think 3 as sub.

It's more correct to say he really hasn't been tried at the level yet
His GT% were 82, 30, 77, 82, 97 (ie 4 full games)
His HOs were 3, 11, 12, 6, 1 (ie 2 games as Ruck) (note the 11 HOs in his 30% GT match).

But you're right, he hasn't really been tried as yet

I'm not saying he's bad. I'm just saying that highlights package tells you nothing because it just shows the same situation over and over again.
True, but that's all you can get at this level.
Dubious? :) Vdubs ....I dont mind being wrong but what exactly was it that I said that gave you that impression. Doing a quick search ..I cant find anything negative I have said. Correct me if Im wrong. (you sure you not get confused over Kroeger)

Add premium guys obviously would be handy... but something like Wilson and Windsor would bring their own positive aspects

View attachment 1830733
Sorry TC, it was not a negative comment. Dubious was referring to a preferred choice regarding scoreboard impact, and even more sorry, it was not your comment- it was BORIS332. I think he preferred Darcy Wilson. In the past, when I have made comments about ER players, you have been very quick to reply, which I really appreciate.

A smug Ralph read out a description when the group was talking about Reid on the trade show... "..He's an elite ball winner with good skills, an attractive player to us for numerous reasons , a relentless competitor who has leadership first class character..." but then he drops the description was from years ago and and was about Will Philips.

I just never understood why they took Phillips so early.

He simply didn't look that good (not saying he was a spud though)... maybe they fell in love with his character, toughness & leadership qualities.

He could still turn into a solid player down the track with a good run without injuries.

People might get their backs up about me saying this next line... I worry the same thing could happen to us with Jhye Clark.

Although I do see more in Clark than I did in Phillips... And Phillips went even earlier... Was a bizare selection imo.

P.S. Reid has about 10x more talent and tricks than Phillips so a right-up means nothing to me... It's obvious to see with our own eyes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

S Neale is NOT merely a mark and grab guy. But in order to know this you need to have seen a bit of him play VFL, given his very limited exposure at senior level.

I have seen him kick superb goals on the run, roam up and down the ground with ease - he has a good 400m time - and participate in possession links effectively.

And he is still very young for a big chap in footy.

We're keen to get young fellas who can play, so let's suspend judgement and give him areal chance to realise his obvious potential. I recall some here bagging Holmes after his first game or two.

Are the people that always talk about us not paying overs happy not to get into the JUH race because he'd likely need to be offered more $$$ than anyone on our list, come in still relatively unproven and be jump over any pay scale our club apparently users for players?

Are the people that always talk about us not paying overs happy not to get into the JUH race because he'd likely need to be offered more $$$ than anyone on our list, come in still relatively unproven and be jump over any pay scale our club apparently users for players?

Rather have a crack at Cadman, tbh. JUH seems to be way too in demand, and if those Sydney offers are even close to true - we will not get involved.

GWS' cap is already tight enough, we could definitely prise Cadman out if he was open to it.

Not to mention, Duncan, Stanley, Hawkins, Danger, Tuohy and Rohan likely off the books by the end of next year (Danger the only one likely to play on). Gonna struggle to meet the cap floor in 2025, IMO.

Jeremy Cameron contract and huge at the time but pretty sure everyone is OK with it now. JUH is a star in the making

Rather have a crack at Cadman, tbh. JUH seems to be way too in demand, and if those Sydney offers are even close to true - we will not get involved.

GWS' cap is already tight enough, we could definitely prise Cadman out if he was open to it.

Not to mention, Duncan, Stanley, Hawkins, Danger, Tuohy and Rohan likely off the books by the end of next year (Danger the only one likely to play on). Gonna struggle to meet the cap floor in 2025, IMO.
Can't trade for what's not there and right now Cadman ain't there

Good question. Looks likely to become a very good player.

But that said, can you put the genie back in the bottle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back