Rumour GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our pick is on the edge though. It could be the first selection that falls away.

Don't know if I rate O'Sullivan and that's who I think is probably shortest odds to be best available.

Ironically ..I think OSullivan mighty get us the best trade out ..in draft ...After they lost McKay, North they probably need a KPD.

This is another of those kids who are not in the top group that doesnt look that bad. Plenty of pace to work with.

I mentioned him 2w ago and you were dubious. You are right though, he's a jet. Great alongside Holmes on the wings. Will be top 10-12.

This is another of those kids who are not in the top group that doesnt look that bad. Plenty of pace to work with.

That's such a fan's highlights package. Just endless open field plays. Not even a sniff of a contest, defensive work, clean hands, composure under pressure, etc.

From those highlights the guy could be the best kid in the draft or not in the top 300.

That's such a fan's highlights package. Just endless open field plays. Not even a sniff of a contest, defensive work, clean hands, composure under pressure, etc.

From those highlights the guy could be the best kid in the draft or not in the top 300.
He's very highly rated at Vic Metro and Eastern Ranges.

Surely Toby McLean gets picked up by another club, would be at least good depth for a teams midfield.

I mentioned him 2w ago and you were dubious. You are right though, he's a jet. Great alongside Holmes on the wings. Will be top 10-12.

Dubious? :) Vdubs ....I dont mind being wrong but what exactly was it that I said that gave you that impression. Doing a quick search ..I cant find anything negative I have said. Correct me if Im wrong. (you sure you not get confused over Kroeger)

Add premium guys obviously would be handy... but something like Wilson and Windsor would bring their own positive aspects

Screenshot 2023-10-13 at 10.25.37 pm.png

That Windsor highlights package is very meh to me. Almost nothing impressed me in it.

Darcy Wilson looks twice the player to me.

Sounds like Hastie had a few problems in the 20M at the combine .... but on his 4th go he recorded a time

AFL Draft 2023: How every Geelong Falcons prospect fared at the combine​

A host of Falcons caught the eye with strong results at the draft combine. But it wasn’t without some hiccups with a disqualification incident. See how every player fared.

0 comments
See how every Falcon fared at the draft combine.

Local Footy

Don't miss out on the headlines from Local Footy. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Follow
Several Geelong Falcons shone at combine testing over the weekend in front of the watchful eye AFL recruiters, with three prospects recording top-five finishes and a scrutinised talent showing significant improvement.
But the testing weekend wasn’t some hiccups, with top Falcons product Angus Hastie being disqualified from all three of his runs in the 20m sprint event.
After being walked through his technique, the 190cm defender was allowed to have a fourth run and recorded a solid time of 3.058 seconds.
Hastie had an impressive combine aside from that minor blip, finishing third nationally in the agility test (8.204 seconds) and recording a strong 2km time trial time of 6:23 minutes.
His feats along with his eye-catching draft year could see him push into the second round of the draft.

Angus Hastie ran a strong 2km time. Picture: Dylan Burns/AFL Photos via Getty Images

Angus Hastie ran a strong 2km time. Picture: Dylan Burns/AFL Photos via Getty Images
Falcons forwards Tom Anastasopoulos and Michael Rudd showed off their elite endurance at the Victorian state combine, finishing second (6:11 minutes) and fifth (6:17) respectively.
Anastasopoulos, a lively small forward, finished with an accurate 21.2 from 11 Coates Talent League games this year and finished the national championships with two goals and 102 SuperCoach ranking points for Vic Country.
Rudd was one of the top goalkickers for Vic Country, booting seven goals as his immense workrate and strong hands overhead stood out. However, there are concerns from recruiters surrounding his speed.
Morrish medallist and Falcons best-and-fairest Patrick Hughes appeared to dispel the doubts surrounding his running capacity with a 6:56-minute 2km time trial.

Those concerns were behind his Vic Country snub, leaving him to dominate for the Falcons where his superb contested ball-winning saw him rewarded with the league best-and-fairest.
Speaking before the testing, Hastie said he was stunned when Hughes was overlooked for Vic Country and believed all of the Falcons state combine invitees should have been testing with him at the national combine.
Michael Rudd came fifth in the 2km time trial. Picture: Martin Keep/AFL Photos/via Getty Images

Michael Rudd came fifth in the 2km time trial. Picture: Martin Keep/AFL Photos/via Getty Images
Patrick Hughes improved his endurance. Picture: Martin Keep/AFL Photos/via Getty Images

Patrick Hughes improved his endurance. Picture: Martin Keep/AFL Photos/via Getty Images
“Especially Patty Hughes who won the league best and fairest. I think he to not make Vic Country was a massive, it wowed me a little bit I definitely thought he would be in that squad,” Hastie said.
“For him not to make that surprised all of us but I think it did give him a bit of reason to try even harder down at Falcons which he got rewarded for.”

Falcons ruckman Joe Pike was among the top performers in the vertical jump, while Geelong VFL key defender Bailey Van De Heuvel also tested.
There was another Geelong connection at the combine with Cats premiership player Zach Tuohy lending assistance to the Irish draft hopefuls who were flown over for testing.

Gaelic football star Odhran Murdock, who hails from County Down and lives in a town with a population of 2000 people, said Tuohy gave them great advice on the differences between their native code and Aussie rules.
“I have spoken to Zach on Wednesday, really really good guy. Gave us a lot of tips of what to do, what not to do, what to look out for,” Murdock said.

“There’s obviously a lot more who have played in the past as well. It’s just if you do have the chance to come over talk to them, see what they say and take a few tips.”

“We just asked Zach what the biggest adaptations were that he struggled with and he says tactically there’s a big difference between Gaelic and AFL.

“He said in terms of tackling ability, among the other difference, you can used to it quite quickly but tactically there’s a lot of getting used to.”

I'm a big fan of Ollie Murphy. If we trade down hope we can grab him. Also a chance Caddy slides to pick 10-12 as he is higher risk to the rest of the top 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like Hastie had a few problems in the 20M at the combine .... but on his 4th go he recorded a time

AFL Draft 2023: How every Geelong Falcons prospect fared at the combine​

A host of Falcons caught the eye with strong results at the draft combine. But it wasn’t without some hiccups with a disqualification incident. See how every player fared.

0 comments

Local Footy

Don't miss out on the headlines from Local Footy. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Follow
Several Geelong Falcons shone at combine testing over the weekend in front of the watchful eye AFL recruiters, with three prospects recording top-five finishes and a scrutinised talent showing significant improvement.
But the testing weekend wasn’t some hiccups, with top Falcons product Angus Hastie being disqualified from all three of his runs in the 20m sprint event.
After being walked through his technique, the 190cm defender was allowed to have a fourth run and recorded a solid time of 3.058 seconds.
Hastie had an impressive combine aside from that minor blip, finishing third nationally in the agility test (8.204 seconds) and recording a strong 2km time trial time of 6:23 minutes.
His feats along with his eye-catching draft year could see him push into the second round of the draft.

Falcons forwards Tom Anastasopoulos and Michael Rudd showed off their elite endurance at the Victorian state combine, finishing second (6:11 minutes) and fifth (6:17) respectively.
Anastasopoulos, a lively small forward, finished with an accurate 21.2 from 11 Coates Talent League games this year and finished the national championships with two goals and 102 SuperCoach ranking points for Vic Country.
Rudd was one of the top goalkickers for Vic Country, booting seven goals as his immense workrate and strong hands overhead stood out. However, there are concerns from recruiters surrounding his speed.
Morrish medallist and Falcons best-and-fairest Patrick Hughes appeared to dispel the doubts surrounding his running capacity with a 6:56-minute 2km time trial.

Those concerns were behind his Vic Country snub, leaving him to dominate for the Falcons where his superb contested ball-winning saw him rewarded with the league best-and-fairest.
Speaking before the testing, Hastie said he was stunned when Hughes was overlooked for Vic Country and believed all of the Falcons state combine invitees should have been testing with him at the national combine.

“Especially Patty Hughes who won the league best and fairest. I think he to not make Vic Country was a massive, it wowed me a little bit I definitely thought he would be in that squad,” Hastie said.
“For him not to make that surprised all of us but I think it did give him a bit of reason to try even harder down at Falcons which he got rewarded for.”

Falcons ruckman Joe Pike was among the top performers in the vertical jump, while Geelong VFL key defender Bailey Van De Heuvel also tested.
There was another Geelong connection at the combine with Cats premiership player Zach Tuohy lending assistance to the Irish draft hopefuls who were flown over for testing.

Gaelic football star Odhran Murdock, who hails from County Down and lives in a town with a population of 2000 people, said Tuohy gave them great advice on the differences between their native code and Aussie rules.
“I have spoken to Zach on Wednesday, really really good guy. Gave us a lot of tips of what to do, what not to do, what to look out for,” Murdock said.

“There’s obviously a lot more who have played in the past as well. It’s just if you do have the chance to come over talk to them, see what they say and take a few tips.”

“We just asked Zach what the biggest adaptations were that he struggled with and he says tactically there’s a big difference between Gaelic and AFL.

“He said in terms of tackling ability, among the other difference, you can used to it quite quickly but tactically there’s a lot of getting used to.”
How do you get disqualfied in a 20m sprint?
Do they have a mobile start or something?

I think the gap between the names floated at our pick and those 10 back are overstated. I'd be eying those three North picks.
Maybe the next group down are not as polished...but if we can find 2 similar to Holmes we will have done well with those late teen picks. I feel that in draft with more certainty of who is available... some might come for those later picks as well. But what do we know...the clubs must be convinced... they are paying a price to get into the top10 or so

Is nobody at all concerned about the expansion factor when hoping the club picks up Sanders? It’s all well and good to attract talent and all, but is there a concern that he will get a few years of development in VIC only to be schmoozed into the TAS club just as he’s hitting his straps?
I'm hoping other clubs are concerned and they walk past him at the draft that's for sure

But if he becomes a good player he will just give us draft picks compensation if he leaves
I mean, it could be bad. The AFL might just say that teams get a free agency compo pick for players leaving and we are good that year and we get the buddy franklin treatment.

But still, invest in the player, try keep him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back