Rumour GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we are now getting into the season and we are starting to get a bit more serious with discussion, seems a suitable time to post the following as it's repeatedly shown itself to be a value reference tool in trade & draft discussion

And as per normal, thanks to Lore for putting this together - always a fantastic reference tool

And yes this post is now stickied - makes it easy to keep track of (can easily reverse this though if needed)

I think he is an example of the type of player we could easily acquire... Crouch, Matherson , Dumont ... there will be others delisted too. We have to be careful not to bog down our future with list pluggers. If you bring in players like this.. I think Smith is the benchmark.
Just one or two we need to have that around the players to help develop they cost nothing come in for a year they in there own ball they feed other that ball and have great experience, keeps us competitive to help development as well. Unless we do the full Hawthorn , Hawkins Tuohy Smith Duncan etc show them the door we still need to be focused on being competitive.

Just one or two we need to have that around the players to help develop they cost nothing come in for a year they in there own ball they feed other that ball and have great experience, keeps us competitive to help development as well. Unless we do the full Hawthorn , Hawkins Tuohy Smith Duncan etc show them the door we still need to be focused on being competitive.

For me, there has to be a rubicon. For me they must be first picked members of our best22 when all are fit..to prefer them on our list in preference to giving a younger player a go. Its a list spot. An opportunity cost. I like to see guy get a chance. Find a spot for a Mace Cousins, bring in the kid Gold Coast beat us to in last year msd..Faulkhead.

For me, there has to be a rubicon. For me they must be first picked members of our best22 when all are fit..to prefer them on our list in preference to giving a younger player a go. Its a list spot. An opportunity cost. I like to see guy get a chance. Find a spot for a Mace Cousins, bring in the kid Gold Coast beat us to in last year msd..Faulkhead.
No need to call me that was just an idea.

No need to call me that was just an idea.

? Call you what ? A Rubicon. LOL

The Rubicon is a river .. To me its a line . A border and if Im bringing in a mature player ..he must be best22 . Others disagree .. as was shown with Ceglar.

The phrase "crossing the Rubicon" is an idiom that means "passing a point of no return".[1] Its meaning comes from allusion to the crossing of the river Rubicon by Julius Caesar in early January 49 BC. The exact date is unknown.[2] Scholars usually place it on the night of 10 and 11 January, based on speeds at which messengers could travel at that time.[3

I don't understand why Faulkhead gets a mention every now and then.

He has never had over 19 touches in a VFL game or kicked more than 2 goals one time.

23 games in total in the VFL is a good sample size to see what he offers.

I understand we might have been looking to chuck him a bone a while back but surely there are more talented options available.

The guy screams list clogger to me.

He has never had over 19 touches in a VFL game or kicked more than 2 goals one time.

I understand we might have been looking to chuck him a bone a while back but surely there are more talented options available.

because id rather see him tried than add someone like Lyons. He was someone we like 12 months ago.Why? He is 20. He has speed and stamina and why GC picked I have no idea.

The Rubicon is a river .. To me its a line . A border and if Im bringing in a mature player ..he must be best22 . Others disagree .. as was shown with Ceglar.

The phrase "crossing the Rubicon" is an idiom that means "passing a point of no return".[1] Its meaning comes from allusion to the crossing of the river Rubicon by Julius Caesar in early January 49 BC. The exact date is unknown.[2] Scholars usually place it on the night of 10 and 11 January, based on speeds at which messengers could travel at that time.[3

I was joking callingme a FAULKHEAD haha.

It might seem unrealistic, but as we love bringing back ex-falcons, is S.Walsh in our thoughts?

Would cost our 1st this year, and 1st next year, but would be massive.

Parish is cheaper, and I would be thrilled to recruit him, but if he stays at Ess , perhaps Sam might like to join the Cats?

That is annoying. I wanted the exact date.

I think it was a pun on "Faulkhead"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It might seem unrealistic, but as we love bringing back ex-falcons, is S.Walsh in our thoughts?

Parish is cheaper, and I would be thrilled to recruit him, but if he stays at Ess , perhaps Sam might like to join the Cats?
Blues would want the world for Walsh despite his poor form, I would love to get him but would cost us picks we just don't have.

23 games in total in the VFL is a good sample size to see what he offers.

Sometimes is whether a players game will transfer to AFL. Outside players in particular struggle in the VFL

I’m sure the blues would be happy to lose both Walsh and TDK to us for pennies….

Oh wait

I wouldn't want Lyons but he's streets ahead of Parfitt, whom some, including Dermie it seems, think is going to turn in to a silk purse. To play AFL you have to be able to get the ball, kick the ball, hand ball the ball, take the odd overhead mark etc.

Meanwhile Neale and Willis have signed which is great news indeed. It's a shame they've had issues this year, but we can look forward to seeing them fight for senior opportunities next year, if not earlier.

The club just sent around an email saying Neale and Willis have extended their contracts. Neale to the end of 2025. Willis 2024.

I'm guessing there will be some happy people around here with the Neale announcement. Good to see Willis get the chance to get over his injury issues too.

Interesting that kroeger and whyte are now the only players left from our 2021 pool to not be extended. Kroeger in particular might struggle to get another deal.

Walsh would cost more than that a top 5 pick minimum and has extended so isnt gettable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back