Rumour GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we are now getting into the season and we are starting to get a bit more serious with discussion, seems a suitable time to post the following as it's repeatedly shown itself to be a value reference tool in trade & draft discussion

And as per normal, thanks to Lore for putting this together - always a fantastic reference tool

And yes this post is now stickied - makes it easy to keep track of (can easily reverse this though if needed)

Why do the clubs ask the kids the question if answering it is draft tampering?? If the kid isn’t allowed to give an honest answer then it’s best not to ask it in the first place

What answer was given and what question was asked?

If a club was going to use a R1 pick , the first it has had in a long while if ever.. isn't just good diligence to ask about their likes and dislikes, doi they like the big lights of the city of the family life of stay home etc etc. So Reid say I have alwasy been close to my family and soon it looks like is hesitant to go.

technically what is tampering... the dictionary defines it as ..to interfere with in order to cause damage or make unauthorised alterations. Id say answer question is not draft tampering ..as you say why ask the question. If a player came out an announced to all non finalists clubs not to draft him as he would not go to west coast or North Melbourne etc ... then that is trying to affect selection. What if he says I will go anywhere and to any club and give it my best but in two years time ..when i can have an influence into where I play I will reassess the situation. Tampering?

If the draft is designed to channel the best player to clubs most in need then what is worse than honesty is the draft manipulation and distortion that academies and father sons cause. What a bonus for Brisbane to get the cream of the draft when they are finalists. In a pure draft North Melb might line up for Jed Walter. Being honest before being drafted is nowhere near as restrictive as the gun kids that are tied to clubs before draft. Whats the worse that can happen to West Coast. They draft him and he wants to move in two years. They still are going to make out like bandits.

Tampering? Maybe once when players were drafted and were expected to stay at the club that drafted them it existed. As you say , ask a question get an answer and then the answer is draft tampering? Dont like the answer , don't ask the question.

So will the murmur of the Cats being further down the track regards Mitch Georgiades become a little louder??
Direct swap will do me... Thoughts fellas?

What answer was given and what question was asked?

If a club was going to use a R1 pick , the first it has had in a long while if ever.. isn't just good diligence to ask about their likes and dislikes, doi they like the big lights of the city of the family life of stay home etc etc. So Reid say I have alwasy been close to my family and soon it looks like is hesitant to go.

technically what is tampering... the dictionary defines it as ..to interfere with in order to cause damage or make unauthorised alterations. Id say answer question is not draft tampering ..as you say why ask the question. If a player came out an announced to all non finalists clubs not to draft him as he would not go to west coast or North Melbourne etc ... then that is trying to affect selection. What if he says I will go anywhere and to any club and give it my best but in two years time ..when i can have an influence into where I play I will reassess the situation. Tampering?

If the draft is designed to channel the best player to clubs most in need then what is worse than honesty is the draft manipulation and distortion that academies and father sons cause. What a bonus for Brisbane to get the cream of the draft when they are finalists. In a pure draft North Melb might line up for Jed Walter. Being honest before being drafted is nowhere near as restrictive as the gun kids that are tied to clubs before draft. Whats the worse that can happen to West Coast. They draft him and he wants to move in two years. They still are going to make out like bandits.

Tampering? Maybe once when players were drafted and were expected to stay at the club that drafted them it existed. As you say , ask a question get an answer and then the answer is draft tampering? Dont like the answer , don't ask the question.
It is really simple if a player is asked would you like to come to in the case WCE all he has to say is sure ill give it a go but i may not stick around after 2 years as i love my family or something and that would be considered fine i think.

Now if that same player says no i don't let me stay in VIC/NSW etc then that is draft tampering.

I have no problem with young players being nervous about playing interstate or preferring to stay home but at least give going interstate a chance otherwise what is the point of the draft and national comp.

Also whilst i am at it can we **** off the discounts on academies and F&S. The team already gets an advantage by being able to match they don't need more.
Whilst we are at that make matching bids require a pick from the same round as the player is e.g Daicos needing a round 1 included in the match.

Also get rid of FA comp completely.

So will the murmur of the Cats being further down the track regards Mitch Georgiades become a little louder??
He is a good player with potential but does he want to fight for position for possibly 2 years whilst we still have Hawkins/Rohan etc or does he want to go to a Hawks or Ess where he is best 22 everyday of the week.

Does he play in the side selected to play Brisbane? Im not convinced he would. Talented yes. Post Hawkins planning ?

Is it a certainty that he would be a direct swap to geelong?

Id have thought he would be a good fit at a club the Dogs? Father played there... and it might be a way to get a three swap done.

Interesting article in today's Rage by Cornes suggesting rucks are less vital than previously - in the last 20 years only 2 teams had 2 top rucks in their flag team, including the Cats with King and Ottens in 2007.

We don't need to waste time, energy or money on another ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting article in today's Rage by Cornes suggesting rucks are less vital than previously - in the last 20 years only 2 teams had 2 top rucks in their flag team, including the Cats with King and Ottens in 2007.

Too much time watching American sports.

Seems a similar player to O Henry. I think our midfield needs bolstering before go after him.
Much better than OH. Mitch could play FF OH on the other hand could not.
Mitch at 22yo is a perfect replacement for Hawk in 2 years time.
Ollie for me is a tweener, not sure how where what he fits in.
but I do know one thing he needs to stop cheating out on the ground.
he did it as a youngster and then again at Collingwood and he’s bought that trait with him down to Geelong.
Looking for an easy goal or an easy kick. He plays the game that suits him on occasions IMO.
His fob off to Hawk in the goal square was one that raised eyebrows in the stands and on the ground.
Not a good look in a team that plays for others first I reckon.
But that’s just my opinion.

Does he play in the side selected to play Brisbane? Im not convinced he would. Talented yes. Post Hawkins planning ?

Is it a certainty that he would be a direct swap to geelong?

Id have thought he would be a good fit at a club the Dogs? Father played there... and it might be a way to get a three swap done.
Post Hawk.
Dogs have 3-4 top notch tall forwards as it is.
Perfect fit for us going forward I reckon.

He is a good player with potential but does he want to fight for position for possibly 2 years whilst we still have Hawkins/Rohan etc or does he want to go to a Hawks or Ess where he is best 22 everyday of the week.
Hawks is near the cliff than we really want to imagine.
He will be in the 12 month after rehab phase next year so should be prime for 2025.
Rohan at 32 is a tweak from having a month on the sidelines and the older he gets the chances are even greater.
So it would be a good get for me. But interesting to see how this pans out.

Agreed! Plus we grabbed one 2 years ago.

Much better than OH. Mitch could play FF OH on the other hand could not.
Mitch at 22yo is a perfect replacement for Hawk in 2 years time.
Ollie for me is a tweener, not sure how where what he fits in.
but I do know one thing he needs to stop cheating out on the ground.
he did it as a youngster and then again at Collingwood and he’s bought that trait with him down to Geelong.
Looking for an easy goal or an easy kick. He plays the game that suits him on occasions IMO.
His fob off to Hawk in the goal square was one that raised eyebrows in the stands and on the ground.
Not a good look in a team that plays for others first I reckon.
But that’s just my opinion.
I think Mitch is a lot like J Riewoldt but with a body that's shot already. He needs athleticism to jump at the flight of the ball, if he can't do that then you're getting 2023 Riewoldt not 2017 Riewoldt.

Without spring, Mitch also is a tweener

Seems a similar player to O Henry. I think our midfield needs bolstering before go after him.
Scenario of a swap with Port rather than a pity pick of 37.
I know what i'd rather and its not pick 37.
As for the midfield i'd bet my last dollar the boys, as in Mack&Wells are doing plenty behind the scenes.

I think Mitch is a lot like J Riewoldt but with a body that's shot already. He needs athleticism to jump at the flight of the ball, if he can't do that then you're getting 2023 Riewoldt not 2017 Riewoldt.

Without spring, Mitch also is a tweener
Interesting view.
Mitch tweener is a closer fit to a FF than OH. But thats not here nor there TBH.
Wells liked the boy at the draft.
If he still has the same fondness, he'll pull that trigger if Port put that bullet in the chamber one would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back