Rumour GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we are now getting into the season and we are starting to get a bit more serious with discussion, seems a suitable time to post the following as it's repeatedly shown itself to be a value reference tool in trade & draft discussion

And as per normal, thanks to Lore for putting this together - always a fantastic reference tool

And yes this post is now stickied - makes it easy to keep track of (can easily reverse this though if needed)

If Conway could actually play four games in a row, I'd agree with you - but so far that's not the case. Cegs stays another year for mine. There's simply a bare cupboard after him and Conway.

Cegs can barely play 2 games in a row. You need to punt him and get a mid 20s ruck who is durable.

I've been holding out hope for Finn Callaghan at some point in his career purely due to this.

If Danger rates them, we seem to target them.

Not sure I'm comfortable with a player having so much influence, even if he is the captain.

I think we're better served by a more dispassionate, critical process.

Cegs can barely play 2 games in a row. You need to punt him and get a mid 20s ruck who is durable.
That is probably a bigger issue than anything else.

I mean, we did go there a couple of times. Abbott, Fort, Stephenson. All served a purpose but Ceglar was arguably better at AFL level when exposed.

Not sure I'm comfortable with a player having so much influence, even if he is the captain.

I suspect that the dispassionate, critical process is what actually goes on. "Danger rates them" is a good way to sell a new player to the public.

I totally agree. It is the best young group of players with talent and/or real potential we have had in the last 10 years. I would add Mullins and Clohesy to your list.
It is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, but it would be a bit more technical than that I'd say.

Danger might be able to float a name to Wells & Mackie to get the ball rolling, but there would still be discussions beyond that about what player x could add to our list, particularly at board level.

The main benefit of his influence is his ability to market the club to players (E.g Bowes) and sell the dream, along with Wells & Mackie.

If Danger truly was a pseudo list manager, Rory Sloane would have been on our list by now...so his influence can certainly go both ways.

And so is Cam Guthrie, but Cam Guthrie is a 2 x Club B n F.
I love Cam as a footballer but I wouldn't say his damaging when he gets the ball...
As long as you use the ball and get it out to those players who can use the ball..
It takes so many type of players to work as a team

I'm not saying Crouch is 100% must. But the bloke can play. Came 2nd in the Showdown votes, is a All Australian..
Crouch is a left footed version of Parfitt, if Parfitt played exclusively midfield minutes.

How popular is Parfitt around these parts?

Crouch is another ball magnet that doesnt actually hurt the opposition lot of uncontested nothing possessions, theres a reason hes allowed to have 30+ every week.

No interest from me especially when hell be 29 early next year.

Crouch is another ball magnet that doesnt actually hurt the opposition lot of uncontested nothing possessions, theres a reason hes allowed to have 30+ every week.

No interest from me especially when hell be 29 early next year.
At his best he's a 12-14 contested possession a match player.

Over the past 3 seasons it's dropped down to 9 a match, so the risk is that we would just be getting a player on the decline.

That is probably a bigger issue than anything else.

I mean, we did go there a couple of times. Abbott, Fort, Stephenson. All served a purpose but Ceglar was arguably better at AFL level when exposed.

Ceglar was better when he played but this year he can barely play more than 2 games in a row body wise. You think that will be better next year? We need someone with more left juice wise.

And so is Cam Guthrie, but Cam Guthrie is a 2 x Club B n F.
I love Cam as a footballer but I wouldn't say his damaging when he gets the ball...
He used to be an absolute dynamo on the ball back around 2016 - that kind of ruck-rover role. Now he's a lot slower, but he's still a very good kick.

Atkins, on the other hand... is damaging in terms of winning contests, but the ball use is probably better left to others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back