Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming we trade our first to secure Smith, I’d be giving serious consideration to using our second pick on a kid called Harry Armstrong. Mentioned him earlier in this thread after watching him play school footy for Haileybury. He’s since played well for VM. He’s a mobile tall in the build of J.Cameron. Better overhead but not with the same tricks (who else does?).

If we were to trade back into picking up a top 15 pick then B.Allen from WA looks good. Captain of WA, left footer who has a big body and can play both midfield or half back.

Yeah footy has moved away from big lumbering talls like Hawk. He's a forward of a previous era which has died out
You either need a lanky forward that can run and crash packs or basicallyone playing as as an extra midfielder/winger to have influence.

Henry has been trying to play the Rohan third tall role, that's fine but Rohan is actually an elite defensive pressure player and can crash packs when required.
Ollie doesnt do that enough to justify that spot.

I think you can still have a Hawkins type in there that isn't a Hawkins level talent, you build around them with players that compliment them. Some whose bulk allows them to alter the position of a contest to create space. It is ideal if they can also crash packs.

A Hawkins type acts as a frame of reference, teams will put their primary lock down KPD on them and position the spare near them. Which allows the team's more mobile key to have space on the lead.

OH with now an aging TomaHawk have given us ZERO on defence in 2024.

Think i saw a stat the other day that said between Stengle, Close and Miers that they all average less than 3 tackles a game.

We've badly missed Rohan's defensive pressure down forward.

Even if Neale isn't marking it he needs to make sure he's pressuring and chasing down Hawks players cause we weren't getting that from Hawk and i don't see Jez being that type of player.

EDIT: That's Stengle, Close and Dempsey sorry

What is OH playing at just kicking his 2-3 each week 🤪
Don’t get it twisted.

If he was snagging 3 a week, I don’t think his lack of defence would hold him out of the side… and he still might not be held out anyway.

But he is going at 1.6 goals this year and my 11 year old daughter could bust out of one of his tackles.

Assuming we trade our first to secure Smith, I’d be giving serious consideration to using our second pick on a kid called Harry Armstrong. Mentioned him earlier in this thread after watching him play school footy for Haileybury. He’s since played well for VM. He’s a mobile tall in the build of J.Cameron. Better overhead but not with the same tricks (who else does?).

If we were to trade back into picking up a top 15 pick then B.Allen from WA looks good. Captain of WA, left footer who has a big body and can play both midfield or half back.
I liked some footage of Bo Allen from wafl colts but I also saw some of him playing for WA and not sure I'm holding my opinion as he steps up. Wouldn't be unhappy with him coming but wouldn't want to reach for him either

Don’t get it twisted.

If he was snagging 3 a week, I don’t think his lack of defence would hold him out of the side… and he still might not be held out anyway.

But he is going at 1.6 goals this year and my 11 year old daughter could bust out of one of his tackles.
We was going really well then goalless in his last 3. What has changed? I don't know.

We was going really well then goalless in his last 3. What has changed? I don't know.
Like Stewart & Miers. Opposition focus on their deficiencies.
ZERO defensive effort or application.
His was glaring at U/18 level and even more so at Victoria Park.
Thought we'd fixed a bit of it.
Seems to have regressed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately we need a mature age ruckman that can hold up and play a full season, as with Conway history and present who knows if his body can hold up. As Stanley won't be here next year
Yeah I thought we'd get away with a bit more from Stanley and Conway but not the case.

Feel like with the number of talls Edwards will be playing forward in the 2s a fair bit

I liked some footage of Bo Allen from wafl colts but I also saw some of him playing for WA and not sure I'm holding my opinion as he steps up. Wouldn't be unhappy with him coming but wouldn't want to reach for him either

He was excellent against VM. Kept them in the game almost single handedly. If we are looking for big bodied mids with leadership qualities then I reckon he ticks some boxes. Not saying he will be absolutely elite but I reckon he projects to be pretty handy.

He was excellent against VM. Kept them in the game almost single handedly. If we are looking for big bodied mids with leadership qualities then I reckon he ticks some boxes. Not saying he will be absolutely elite but I reckon he projects to be pretty handy.
Certainly the type we need on paper but I would prefer bringing in Smith if it's either/or

Teams are going to end up having 2 x 200cm key forwards
We are tracking in an obvious direction.. And has been happening gradually for a long time.

Players are getting taller in each position.

In 20-30 years it will look like a basketball side out there with 200cm midfielders

Unfortunately we need a mature age ruckman that can hold up and play a full season, as with Conway history and present who knows if his body can hold up. As Stanley won't be here next year

Thats obvious.
It will clearly be a cheap trade in as the top rucks on the market available but we need someone with potential and durable.

I'm a hard no for a top up Ruckman. Back the kids in.

We have to even if its a backup. Stanley will be gone blitz will be 34 and conway is made of glass.
Theres no real alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back