Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to think that. But now I think sport will just keep on keeping on.

Joe Public is far more concerned with being entertained than they are concerned with some highly paid sportsperson’s brain health. And there will always be people willing to be the highly paid sportsperson who gets their brain bashed up.

NFL is the best example. 5 years ago the media was writing its obituary. Now it is as violent as ever, and even more popular than ever. Joe Public has come to terms with their guilt and just wants to be entertained. It has been that way since gladiators in the coliseum.
All true, but i dont think that is what will cause the problem.

It will more so cone from legislation and the liability in court rooms when (insert whichever player wants to cash grab) tries to take the AFL to court.

If it gets to a point the AFL bleeds too much money in courts or legislation gets in the way, it will unfortunately change.

wonder will we ask TDK (contract end of 26) the question again as surely carlton cap about to burst. Doesnt help TDK have been on fire last month or so
As much as I would love to get TDK, but if his thinking any idea of a chance to win a premiership , he would stay at Carlton.. there window is now for another 3-4 years for a chance to snag 1

All true, but i dont think that is what will cause the problem.

It will more so cone from legislation and the liability in court rooms when (insert whichever player wants to cash grab) tries to take the AFL to court.

If it gets to a point the AFL bleeds too much money in courts or legislation gets in the way, it will unfortunately change.
If that was going to happen, it would have already crippled the NFL - USA is the most litigious society in the world.

the afl should be more concerned with people’s ever dwindling attention spans than they are with concussion lawsuits.

committing three hours to anything will be considered the stuff of dark ages.

We will see 7 minute qtrs before you know it

If that was going to happen, it would have already crippled the NFL - USA is the most litigious society in the world.

the afl should be more concerned with people’s ever dwindling attention spans than they are with concussion lawsuits.

committing three hours to anything will be considered the stuff of dark ages.

We will see 7 minute qtrs before you know it
There already has been huge changes to AFL laws the last decade around concussion, some court cases also. The AFL has already adjusted and changed rules to try and water tighten it.

It is certainly a threat depending how it continues to trend.

I dont keep up with NFL changes so cant add much to it.

The more i marinate on the idea of ryan angwin, the more i really like it.

The laughs also that the jeremy cameron picks we gave them that they used in the first round we take one of those kids back 4 years later for a second rounder or third rounder.

Surely he wont cost much??

The laughs also that the jeremy cameron picks we gave them that they used in the first round we take one of those kids back 4 years later for a second rounder or third rounder.

I see Ryan Angwin, but I can’t help but think of Laurence Angwin.

Stay off the drugs Ryan

As much as I would love to get TDK, but if his thinking any idea of a chance to win a premiership , he would stay at Carlton.. there window is now for another 3-4 years for a chance to snag 1
Surely their cap is near bursting?? They have spent quite a bit.

With Brian Cook at the club and with his many of years experience looking after clubs when there at the highest, I'm sure they will be fine
He is well and truly the best at what he does... Ita no coincidence they rose up once he arrived.

Personally i think voss is just an average coach with an extremely talented list.

But cook is exceptional.

We have his equal though in hocking

wonder will we ask TDK (contract end of 26) the question again as surely carlton cap about to burst. Doesnt help TDK have been on fire last month or so

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. But maybe we should have thrown a bit more at him last year. The way he’s played the last month or two you’d probably have to stump up an extra $300-400k/year to get him now.

Apparently Dogs fans on their board are backing up the rumour that Garcia toured our facilities not that long ago and that's why he's been dropped to reserves and hasn't returned.
Bevo used the excuse that poor umpiring decisions against him has cost him his confidence....i mean surely no one actually believes that is true? Never heard of a player being dropped from lack of confidence because of poor umpiring against a player lol

I was wishy washy on the Bailey Smith train early but if Bailey is committed and it won't cost us too much i'm down for it.
Garcia would be interesting as where does he fit in? We have a pretty stacked forward line and he's not pushing out majority of our mids?

Haven't seen anything about Angwin or McInnes to think anything is there as they'd probably fall into depth category anyway.

Even with some retirements, those gaps are already going to be filled.

Say we lose the guys on the left and they finish up end of this 2024 season, the guys on the right are already replacing them right?

Hawkins >>> Neale
Stanley >>> Conway
2E >>> Humphries or Mullin
Duncan >>> Humphries or Mullin and then that's not even including if we get Bailey Smith
Cam Guthrie >>> Mannagh or again Bailey Smith
Gary Rohan >>> Ollie Henry

We also have O'Sullivan in the reserves who will become our long term key position defender so eventually he has to fit in somewhere. Does SDK play Ruck full time and COS becomes his KPD replacement?

Hardie, Clohesy, Parfitt, Stevens, MOC, Mullin all playing ressies atm too, Mitch Edwards will be there as well.

If Garcia actually toured our facilities weeks ago and had been taking to our list managers the media would know about it by now I reckon.

If Garcia actually toured our facilities weeks ago and had been taking to our list managers the media would know about it by now I reckon.

That's what made me confused...surely if he had toured our facilities someone, well basically anyone who has a connection with this team would have picked it up in a heartbeat and would be posting to their hearts content about it.

The only way we'll ever know if it's true is if it's a story broken by a trusted journo who isn't known for making bullshit up or Garcia/his agent demand a trade in the offseason.

Otherwise like everything else, grain of salt.

Tdk is end 2025 and a free agent. No doubt we will chase him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

S
Apparently Dogs fans on their board are backing up the rumour that Garcia toured our facilities not that long ago and that's why he's been dropped to reserves and hasn't returned.
Bevo used the excuse that poor umpiring decisions against him has cost him his confidence....i mean surely no one actually believes that is true? Never heard of a player being dropped from lack of confidence because of poor umpiring against a player lol

I was wishy washy on the Bailey Smith train early but if Bailey is committed and it won't cost us too much i'm down for it.
Garcia would be interesting as where does he fit in? We have a pretty stacked forward line and he's not pushing out majority of our mids?

Haven't seen anything about Angwin or McInnes to think anything is there as they'd probably fall into depth category anyway.

Even with some retirements, those gaps are already going to be filled.

Say we lose the guys on the left and they finish up end of this 2024 season, the guys on the right are already replacing them right?

Hawkins >>> Neale
Stanley >>> Conway
2E >>> Humphries or Mullin
Duncan >>> Humphries or Mullin and then that's not even including if we get Bailey Smith
Cam Guthrie >>> Mannagh or again Bailey Smith
Gary Rohan >>> Ollie Henry

We also have O'Sullivan in the reserves who will become our long term key position defender so eventually he has to fit in somewhere. Does SDK play Ruck full time and COS becomes his KPD replacement?

Hardie, Clohesy, Parfitt, Stevens, MOC, Mullin all playing ressies atm too, Mitch Edwards will be there as well.
Bevo's a genius though. Drops a player who's leaving but uses the opportunity to pot shot the umpires and try to get the AFL to be lenient with the Dogs in the process.

Maybe. But is it a big enough story to break this early in the piece?

Garcia is a great role player but it's not Bailey Smith levels of intrigue.

That said, two dogs departing for the Cats would make it interesting

Maybe. But is it a big enough story to break this early in the piece?

Garcia is a great role player but it's not Bailey Smith levels of intrigue.

That said, two dogs departing for the Cats would make it interesting
Any news is better than no news. I'm sure sports reporters have kpis

That's what made me confused...surely if he had toured our facilities someone, well basically anyone who has a connection with this team would have picked it up in a heartbeat and would be posting to their hearts content about it.

The only way we'll ever know if it's true is if it's a story broken by a trusted journo who isn't known for making bullshit up or Garcia/his agent demand a trade in the offseason.

Otherwise like everything else, grain of salt.
Most punters wouldn’t know who Riley Garcia was if he knocked on their door.

He wouldnt be in our first 30 players picked, struggle to see the point.

I know I’m going to get mocked for this one but I’m hearing we are planning on how to get Harley Reid in at the end of his contract. High belief he won’t re-sign and he will elect us as his club of choice. Same source as the Bailey Smith news and lots of correct news in the past. I know this a long way out but I can’t explain the anticipation I have for this now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know I’m going to get mocked for this one but I’m hearing we are planning on how to get Harley Reid in at the end of his contract. High belief he won’t re-sign and he will elect us as his club of choice. Same source as the Bailey Smith news and lots of correct news in the past. I know this a long way out but I can’t explain the anticipation I have for this now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That you expect to get mocked is sad, but likely quite possible.

You've brought some news to the table from what you believe to be a reasonably reliable source, and people here should simply acknowledge it, say it'd be an exciting outcome, thanks for sharing, let's see what happens.

It should be left at that, and I hope it is.

Thanks for sharing.

Tdk is end 2025 and a free agent. No doubt we will chase him.
Yes Please GIF by MOODMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back