Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

They absolutely aren't. But clubs do stupid stuff to keep fans happy.
I hope they give 4 1st rounders and are stuffed for years. :)
I'm not saying the Tiges will give 5 or 6 R1's.

Just saying I won't be shocked to see them holding 5 or 6 come draft day.

I don't think Trac is a good fit at all for them so I don't even think they'd go hard for him.

Saints maybe... but doubt he'd want to go there.

Doubt that Petracca leaves, but if he does Tigers would be mad to go after him. They have a unique opportunity to bring 4-5 top young kids in via the draft. Regardless of what they do, they won't be flag contenders for 4-5 years by which time Trac will be done.

Saints or Blues are the two that should be going after him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt that Petracca leaves, but if he does Tigers would be mad to go after him. They have a unique opportunity to bring 4-5 top young kids in via the draft. Regardless of what they do, they won't be flag contenders for 4-5 years by which time Trac will be done.

Saints or Blues are the two that should be going after him.
From all reports he wants to have a home base and not travel like the Dees do out to Casey and strong club leadership.

North-Leadership issues
Essendon -Same issue with Casey
Saints-Same issue with Casey
Richmond-won’t want to go to a rebuild
Carlton-Do they have the draft, player trade capital and salary cap issues?
Pies-See above
Geelong-See above
Dogs-See above
Hawks-Don’t have draft capital but have the money

I personally think they only team able to get a trade done which involves players is Carlton

From all reports he wants to have a home base and not travel like the Dees do out to Casey and strong club leadership.

North-Leadership issues
Pies-See above
Geelong-See above
Dogs-See above

I personally think they only team able to get a trade done which involves players is Carlton

Saints could offer King but I agree Blues look most likely if it happens.

All this Petracca talk is such fanciful BS
Can’t see how a trade could possibly get done without blowing up two teams

Melb trade Trac = Dee’s imploding
Carlton trade a semi reluctant key forward = Blues lose major asset and potentially piss playing group off Boom

Could of course benefit us
If they were to ask TDK if he would be willing to go. Refuses then tells Blues to stick it next year and comes to cats aka caddy

Melb hold all the cards so will have to be massive win for them
I wonder if we can help out if there is traction in petrcca to carlton. Melbourne would want combination of players and picks and if mckay doesnt want to go to melbourne we can ask the question of TDK who have even less money next year for him if carlton get petracca.

send our 1st to carlton for TDK they can use that and whatever they see fit for petrcca without giving up mckay. I noticed SDK going into next year with a expiring contract. whats the deal with that.

Carlton surely can't afford Trac contract ?
Maybe Hawks trade some emerging players and a R1?
Richmond could easily bring him in as a mentor around the next crop but doubt he wants to go there?

At the end of the day Melbourne will do what's best for them, not Trac

The best fit would be Adelaide.

They have got a good first round pick this year and can add to that around the edges to get a deal done.

Their midfield is vanilla AF and Petracca would be transformative for their team.

Adelaide would have no issues cap wise.

Easy fixture based off their finishing position this year + Petracca and they could push for top 6 next year.

Petracca wouldn't want to go to Adelaide though most likely.

Personally I think he will keep making noises until they dump Oliver and then be willing to stay.

The best fit would be Adelaide.

They have got a good first round pick this year and can add to that around the edges to get a deal done.

Their midfield is vanilla AF and Petracca would be transformative for their team.

Adelaide would have no issues cap wise.

Easy fixture based off their finishing position this year + Petracca and they could push for top 6 next year.

Petracca wouldn't want to go to Adelaide though most likely.

Personally I think he will keep making noises until they dump Oliver and then be willing to stay.

If the sticking point is he wants Oliver gone then I wonder how badly Melbourne would accept being nmbent over at the trade table to make that happen?

I mean, I'm not a fan of getting Oliver but if Melbourne were a REALLY motivated seller I could see it.

If the sticking point is he wants Oliver gone then I wonder how badly Melbourne would accept being nmbent over at the trade table to make that happen?

I mean, I'm not a fan of getting Oliver but if Melbourne were a REALLY motivated seller I could see it.
If Oliver and only Oliver was the issue with Trac then one would think the Dees would be a real chance to push out Clayton on the cheap.

But it sounds like Trac has some issues with other key senior players... those senior players might have an even bigger issue with Trac if they want Oliver to stay and they see him get shipped out because of Trac.

It is a mess over at the Dees and I'm loving every second of it.

North-Leadership issues
Pies-See above
Geelong-See above
Dogs-See above

He wants the Pies but they do not have the trade picks.
Let us see who the Pies sell off

lol, I reckon majority of Cat fans would trade Neale for King without thinking twice.

Neale is tracking along nicely but King's ceiling is higher. His marking is outstanding and in our team, he would truly evolve into one of the premier forwards in the comp.
Imagine King under Jeremy Cameron's and Hawks tutelage - would be unstoppable.

When Neale was drafted I compared him to King to friends
Just a poorer version.
Now I’m not too sure, King at the saints hasn’t improved for years and could say he might’ve already hit his ceiling.
As for Neale, he could be anything if he holds his marks
Has anyone at the Saints markedly improved in years?

Seems like the sort of club that struggles to develop players.

I don't really rate either Kings, the one on the GC kicks goals but doesn't really dominate, doesn't tear games apart. Quite a few games where he kicks 2 or 3 goals but thats it, doesn't bring teammates into contests, doesn't bring the ball to ground, next to no pressure.

3 goals a game gets you the Coleman these days.

Sam Edmund has provided an update on a 22 players around the league & what their future may hold - I know a few of them have been mentioned over time around here

I'm not going to post all of them, but here's a few to keep an eye on:

Harry McKay

“I’ve touched base with the manager of Harry McKay, who emphatically shut down any chance he would be involved. He is an absolute no (on being traded) 100 per cent.

Ivan Soldo

“It is an absolute watch. He hasn’t even been there 12 months yet. He’s got a level of disenchantment a year into his career at Port Adelaide.”
“He’s battled a knee injury and has now lost his spot in the side. It’s one to keep an eye on. It hasn’t quite worked out for him at Port Adelaide.”

Luke Davies-Uniacke

“He’s a free agent next year. I don’t expect him to be going anywhere. I think if you’re a North supporter, you can breathe relatively easily.”

Nick Haynes

Nick Haynes played on the weekend. It’ll be his last season at the Giants ahead of a move to Carlton as an unrestricted free agent. This one should happen no issue.”

Matt Owies

“He’s kicked the third most goals for Carlton and can’t get a new deal, in fact the Blues won’t even enter into negotiations with him.”
“List spots are tight, the Camporeale twins are coming in, the cap is tight, he’s being made to wait.
Caleb Marchbank, Jack Martin and David Cuningham are all out of contract and facing uncertain futures.”

Harry Perryman

“Unrestricted free agent, is finding it hard to justify staying at the Giants and is finding that tough because he loves the Giants.”
“Hawthorn are at the table here, but I’d bet on Port Adelaide if he does leave. The Giants have offered six years, but the finances aren’t what they appear.”

Isaac Cumming

“Port Adelaide have also come late to snare Isaac Cumming, but the Crows are in the box seat – could be as much as a five-year deal from the Crows.”
“At Adelaide, it’s shaping up to be an active trade period when you factor in Jack Lukosius and Alex Neal-Bullen as well.”

Jack Lukosius

“We did raise this back in April. Several rival clubs knew he was gettable and it has played out that way. My information is the Suns would facilitate a trade for him.”
“His contracted until 2026, so this is not a Jack Bowes situation. He’s on the hit-list for Adelaide.”

Bailey Smith

“You’d be absolutely staggered if it was anyone other than Geelong.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back