Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Here's a name we can cross off our wanted list in the coming year.
A mate of mine with some knowledge of a situation that is looming.
TDK will be moving north... Sunny north.
Here's words were.
He'll be set for life!!

He could have been set for life with an 8 year deal to move to Sydney last year

Considering the number of players trying to move to the "Sunny North" this season, add in their key players coming out of contract over the next couple of years, their salary cap may start to look to bulge a little

Doubt they can really afford to sign all the players they're either directly linked to from known requests or those being speculated upon, as well as keep those currently on their list

Considering the number of players trying to move to the "Sunny North" this season, add in their key players coming out of contract over the next couple of years, their salary cap may start to look to bulge a little

Doubt they can really afford to sign all the players they're either directly linked to from known requests or those being speculated upon, as well as keep those currently on their list
I was told (same bloke) this rumour/story that was doing the rounds was incorrect.
I quote "miles off it" were his words.
Both in money quoted and years that were at play.
add to that Sydney the city wasn't his preference short or long term.
So in 2026 the planets might align.
As we all know these moves are usually made 2-3 even 4 years in advance.
Make of it what u will.

Lukosius out, who else? Davies won't be on big coin.

Anyone want to take a stab at who the "mystery mid" "name midfielder" will be?

Does Riley Garcia count as a "name midfielder"???
He's kind of like a hybrid half forward/mid...does he even count as a "name"

Suggestions?
he has a name
he has run thru the midfield.

Tick both boxes for the journos lol

GO Catters

Lukosius out, who else? Davies won't be on big coin.

Brandon Ellis has retired, but not sure what type of coin he was on

This is their contract list as per Footywire - I've highlighted those who are most likely to currently be on decent $$$, or could be looking for a boost in $$$ come their next contract. Coming out of contract next year are Charlie Ballard (was spoken about in AA terms throughout last season), Mac Andrews who will have other clubs seriously interested and Matt Rowell

We know Rioli has expressed his desire to be traded to GC & he's contract is valued at over $1 million a season until 2027, and would think with a trade he'd also sign an extended deal

We know that the salary cap is going up, but surely there's still a limit to number of players you can afford to have on 7 figure deals

1724805376168.jpeg

Ok I got confused by the sunny comment.

Where do they play him? They dropping big Oz?

Both McInerney & Witts are contracted through to 2026

GC obviously have Moyle as their back-up option, but do they view him as their long term #1 option?

Brandon Ellis has retired, but not sure what type of coin he was on

This is their contract list as per Footywire - I've highlighted those who are most likely to currently be on decent $$$, or could be looking for a boost in $$$ come their next contract. Coming out of contract next year are Charlie Ballard (was spoken about in AA terms throughout last season), Mac Andrews who will have other clubs seriously interested and Matt Rowell

We know Rioli has expressed his desire to be traded to GC & he's contract is valued at over $1 million a season until 2027, and would think with a trade he'd also sign an extended deal

We know that the salary cap is going up, but surely there's still a limit to number of players you can afford to have on 7 figure deals

View attachment 2094409
Will Powell signed to 2029! I mean I like the kid but jeez

I'm sure we'd be happy to help them with their salary cap management again. Usual rate would apply, of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also what are the chances that Archie Perkins is the additional mid? There has been a lot of smoke around that for a couple of years now and he has completely stagnated at Essendon. You have to think he is on the outer. I'd back us in to turn his career around.
He did re-sign in June for a further two years....not that contracts mean as much as they used to, but Essendon hold all the cards there.

He's a bit of a spud but Riley Bonner was cut yesterday. Not saying he's best 22 but at 27 he is in the right profile to be a good VFL player for the kittens and be emergency depth if needed. Not sure we'd be interested but he'd be dirt cheap and a mature body. Has played some great games but I don't think his profile over the last two or so years has been super flash.
Played 19-games at the Saints this year - pretty stiff to be let go, I reckon..

Barrass took a pay cut to stay when he was drawing huge interest around the League and West Coast went back on their word to him when they said they'd "owe him" by paying up later....that didn't happen.

Now is that Tom's fault for expecting a business to keep their word and not surprisingly the business looked out for the business first or is that West Coast's fault for being stingy?
Can't honestly say but i'm not surprised at all that he's pissed/his agent isn't happy and they're trying to force their way out.

Don't think this is a similar situation where Tom wants to stay local and is happy at the Eagles.
All the goodwill from the last time his name was thrown around in trade negotiations has been destroyed. There's a reason he didn't play in Round 24 against us.

Hawks have thrown big money at him, i can see this getting done but Hawks will have to pay up big time for it to happen.
This isn't like Baz where he's OOC and hasn't played in a year.
What has been said about what he was owed by the club?
Haven’t heard much about that

Is that why he tried to leave last year also?

Anyone else heard the rumour we are getting Jack Sinclair from the Saints along with Bailey Smith?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back