Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Harder draw for us next year, ruck and midfield issues. The loss of a champion.

I’m bullish on us most years but I’m next expecting us to make the 8 next season
Spot on Calder... I would have us between 6-8
Guys like Bruhn in my view has to take a huge step to start making a name for himself..
Ollie Henry good, but has to get over 50 plus goals also..
Big question mark is how Neale will go.. a big question mark ❓
Our biggest problem is our midfield, can't rely on a 35 year old plus to be our best midfielder. And Cuthrie, his not going to be the player he was

Bit of trivia , Bailey Smith is an avid Fortnite player and very good at it, plays tournaments. I do know of his profile name but for obvious reasons Im not going to disclose that.

Jezza used to stream his online gaming Twitch - he had the very “secret” username, Jezzadarty18

No idea what game/s he was playing or if he’s still into it, but it could be a connection for the two

Surely Bailey Smith is coming to Geelong.... He is ....... isn't he?

Just sitting here on the couch…. Reflecting.
Looking at the Sydney team.
How TF does a team go that far in the season without a decent CHF or/and FF of note.
Amartey and McDonald are quite frankly dead set BOG average at best.
Their FB and CHB aren’t much better.
I guess a great bunch of mids gets only so far.
We have a great spread of players across the park.
No real superstars… bar Stewart, Jezza and a fit and firing Danger. But that’s about it.
The addition of Baz will help along with natural improvements in the likes of Neale Holmes Bruhn 2xOllies in D & H. Fingers crossed some of those with zero or little games under their belts surprises even the pessimistic lot within our ranks.
Cheers boys it’s been a big weekend.
Looking forward to trade week and the draft that follows.

This may be petty, but am I the only one struggling with Bailey Smith on the grounds that he seems extraordinarily vain and clearly needs the validation of his physical appearance and all the attention that it brings?
Just can't see that meshing with our group. I hope I'm wrong.

This may be petty, but am I the only one struggling with Bailey Smith on the grounds that he seems extraordinarily vain and clearly needs the validation of his physical appearance and all the attention that it brings?
Not just you.
Don’t shoot…

But does anyone else feel a little uneasy that Smith might come in and break our no ——head policy a little too much?

Really hope he puts this main character energy behind him when he makes the move.

He’s a star and I’m sure I’ll get over it - but he’s making himself pretty hard to like.

How TF does a team go that far in the season without a decent CHF or/and FF of note.
No real superstars… bar Stewart, Jezza and a fit and firing Danger. But that’s about it.
The addition of Baz will help along with natural improvements in the likes of Neale Holmes Bruhn 2xOllies in D & H. Fingers crossed some of those with zero or little games under their belts surprises even the pessimistic lot within our ranks.
I was watching the game and thinking the same about the forwards. Whilst McDonald looks like a future player, he was struck with injury and had no impact but Amarty and McLean are very average. If the medium and smalls don’t then fire they are cooked which is exactly what happened.

Too many rushed kicks inside 50 with a lack of quality up forward.

I am with you. Doesn’t seem a good fit at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been noted how Heeney, Gulden and Warner combined gave them 80-90 goals or something this season. They heavily depended on their mids getting off the chain to cover up both their KPF and KPD deficiencies.

Heeney apparently injured and the others getting restricted -> nobody to actually kick a score.

It's been noted how Heeney, Gulden and Warner combined gave them 80-90 goals or something this season. They heavily depended on their mids getting off the chain to cover up both their KPF and KPD deficiencies.

Heeney apparently injured and the others getting restricted -> nobody to actually kick a score.

Think there was a major mix up. Heeney sung the national anthem and Cody Simpson played the game.

I think we will drop. Harder draw
Thinner depth and assume normal injury run makes it harder.

Since gather round was added the draw is a alot fairer on paper (2x each of top 6, middle 6, and bottom 6 for anyone playing at home) but I'm pretty sure our middle 6 will be Pies and Dogs who both under performed. If not saints who we have not performed well at at marvel and will perform better with Macrae replacing the crouch shaped void.

Depends how big a hill the afl wants us to climb but I expect we get 3 underperformers, 2 top 4, and 1 easy beat.

B: Humphries, SDK, Kolojashnij
HB: Stewart, Henry, Z.Guthrie
C: Dempsey, B.Smith, Miers
HF: Close, Cameron, Mannagh
F: O.Henry, Neale, Stengle

Foll: Stanley/Conway, Dangerfield, Holmes

Int: Blicavs, Bowes, Bruhn, J.Martin

Sub: Atkins

That team if it stays fit plays finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad