Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

I think we will drop. Harder draw
I'm not convinced about many of the other teams. If Carlton have a better run with injuries they should be up there.
There will be the same issues at Port.
Gold Coast might finally make the 8.
I don't see anyone making significant changes that will see a huge change.

I'm not convinced about many of the other teams. If Carlton have a better run with injuries they should be up there.
There will be the same issues at Port.
Gold Coast might finally make the 8.
I don't see anyone making significant changes that will see a huge change.
Yeah, but people often don’t see the bolter coming. Nobody picked Hawthorn

This may be petty, but am I the only one struggling with Bailey Smith on the grounds that he seems extraordinarily vain and clearly needs the validation of his physical appearance and all the attention that it brings?
Just can't see that meshing with our group. I hope I'm wrong.
He’s performed at a high level since entering the competition, he’s a very handsome young guy and is maximizing his earning potential outside of football.
Over 300k followers.

I say good on him, I have friends who do the same and they are still top of their profession despite what you see on their Instagram, it’s a business and not who they are. They know they’re judged by people but they also know it’s not their audience and that they can’t give a crap what people think.

Bailey did a good interview a couple of years back about mental health etc and he came across very well, I think he’s looking for a better balance with football and Geelong is perfect for that.

I’m backing him to be a wonderful game changing addition to Geelong.

B: Humphries, SDK, Kolojashnij
HB: Stewart, Henry, Z.Guthrie
C: Dempsey, B.Smith, Miers
HF: Close, Cameron, Mannagh
F: O.Henry, Neale, Stengle

Foll: Stanley/Conway, Dangerfield, Holmes

Int: Blicavs, Bowes, Bruhn, J.Martin

Sub: Atkins

That team if it stays fit plays finals.

Rucks are still a major problem-conway no tank Stanley cooked knee and blicavs very old-i think we will end up having to pull sdk to ruck.
And that MF group is still quite weak for mine-needs Clark and knevitt to come through and push guys like Atkins and Bowes out. And need a lot of natural improvement from the others-i think guys mannagh or miners will need to be tried in MF next year.

Rucks are still a major problem-conway no tank Stanley cooked knee and blicavs very old-i think we will end up having to pull sdk to ruck.
And that MF group is still quite weak for mine-needs Clark and knevitt to come through and push guys like Atkins and Bowes out. And need a lot of natural improvement from the others-i think guys mannagh or miners will need to be tried in MF next year.

Sure. It’s not a finished product. But there’s far more positives than negatives.

Always a lot of consternation about rucks. That position is so overrated, unless you’ve got a Gawn at their peak, they don’t really move the needle. We can cope with a combination on either Stanley/Conway/Bicavs/SDK. I mean, look at some of the premiership ruckman of the last decade: Fort, Stanley, J.Roughhead, D.Cameron, Lycett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always a lot of consternation about rucks. That position is so overrated, unless you’ve got a Gawn at their peak, they don’t really move the needle. We can cope with a combination on either Stanley/Conway/Bicavs/SDK. I mean, look at some of the premiership ruckman of the last decade: Fort, Stanley, J.Roughhead, D.Cameron, Lycett.

Fort didn't actually beat Grundy.
But It didn't matter because brisbanes midfield was the best which is something our MF isn't. So we need better rucks.

I'm still not convinced but it can take me a while to catch on.

Trust me when I say I want to be wholeheartedly wrong, but they have a pretty good system, their ball skills aren't bad, and they'll be reasonably strong across the ground.

Then again their form this year means their system will be closely analysed by opposition coaches during the off-season, so who knows? 🤷

This may be petty, but am I the only one struggling with Bailey Smith on the grounds that he seems extraordinarily vain and clearly needs the validation of his physical appearance and all the attention that it brings?
Just can't see that meshing with our group. I hope I'm wrong.
I'm a bit old school and it's probably more a reflection on me than him but I feel a little bit the same

Yep, adding another C grade list clogging ruck is not the solution, it's adding to the problem and taking up a valuable list spot.

Lets use list spots to draft a mature mid from a State league at the back end of the draft and add some much needed depth in this area in the 23-27 age bracket. We have had a bit of success here.

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah, but people often don’t see the bolter coming. Nobody picked Hawthorn
In fairness to my hawks mate he actually did, bet me $100 before the season that they'd finish above us and I laughed. Arrogantly asked if he wanted to cash out early after Rd 7 and then shit myself quietly for the rest of the year as they got closer and closer 😬 A man of his word tho, the $100 hit my account seconds after the final siren of their Rd 23 clash. Won't be making the same bet again next year tho

I was watching the game and thinking the same about the forwards. Whilst McDonald looks like a future player, he was struck with injury and had no impact but Amarty and McLean are very average. If the medium and smalls don’t then fire they are cooked which is exactly what happened.

Too many rushed kicks inside 50 with a lack of quality up forward.
I agree, I do put Neale in the same category. I'll be dam supporting hard for Neale, has big potential. But potential doesn't always mean he will be a gun... only time will tell

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back