Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Can we put the "SDK wants out" rumours to bed already?

Cats have already said they aren't trading him and he'll see out his contract.
Edmund and Twomey already said multiple times it isn't happening.

Anything else suggested is coming from Melbourne based club fans making up stories trying to drive clicks...
It's just a waste of time. He's contracted, he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

BUT, what if St Kilda offer us 2 x first round picks for SDK?

Could we discuss it then?

BUT, what if St Kilda offer us 2 x first round picks for SDK?

Could we discuss it then?

Next year when he's heading for OOC status? Sure!

But until Cats management say otherwise and we actually get something concrete from trusted sources and not "BlueBaggers101" or "NorfFans4Lyfe" then we can view it like old mate Dave who calls into SEN or Trade Radio with his "Dream list"

Club have already addressed it directly and shut it down.

Steven King not going to West Coast. That Richmond fill-in coach got it.

Are eagles really giving pick 13 for Liam Baker? 27 years old and out of contract. Never made an AA team and is no world beater. I don’t blame bulldogs demanding two firsts for Baz based on that

I think also he's so early into his career I think he's just following coaching instructions to sag off the contest to receive at all times. With more experience i think he'd have had more of a crack at the hard ball, but he's still not far out of his basketball career.
Correct about sticking to instructions IMO.

In his first VFL year he was a two legged show reel. In his second VFL year the big marking disappeared and twists and turns pretty much dried up. Instructions?

" we want you in one piece".

To keep faith with the thread title. I reckon we need one A grade inside mid to add only , to improve a lot.

Because we have Dempsey to come in.

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

pie in the sky stuff but would something like

Give Up / Receive

Cats SDK & pick 37 & f3 / Butters
Port Butters & Houston & 36 / Lukosius & 2 & 37
Suns Lukosius & 20 / SDK & 37
North Pick 2 / Houston & 20 & cats F3

Could well be waiting for Geelong & Bulldogs to have bit of a chat first to see if all parties are on a similar page, rather than making an announcement and straight into stalemate territory

We've seen the news over recent weeks of Dan Houston being open to a trade back to Vic, with Carlton one of the suggested options, but today's news is suggesting that Port & Carlton are so far away on a trade, that Port doesn't want to waste their time with Carlton. Port are reportedly looking for 2 x first round picks, with one being this years draft - the reported first offer from Carlton is out of contract Matt Owies & next years first

Thinking that the Smith trade is wanting to be run a bit more professional rather than back & forth in the media
Yes I have a feeling that this trade will be done very professionally.

Anything else suggested is coming from Melbourne based club fans making up stories trying to drive clicks...
It's just a waste of time. He's contracted, he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
Not a chance.

We aren't going to come out and tell everyone that we are booting him out of the club and we wanna trade him.

Chances are nothing eventuates... but If clubs come hard for him anything can happen.

This is a trade thread and we have basically nothing else to talk about besides Smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should we start taking bets on how long before we open Part 3 of this thread?

400 pages and we roll over into a new one - currently on page 277, so will it be 2, 3, 4 or 5 days before the next edition is opened?
I have all day off work... how much are you willing to pay me? 🤣

pie in the sky stuff but would something like

Give Up / Receive

Cats SDK & pick 37 & f3 / Butters
Port Butters & Houston & 36 / Lukosius & 2 & 37
Suns Lukosius & 20 / SDK & 37
North Pick 2 / Houston & 20 & cats F3
I like it. I'm trying to think who would be least likely to be interested... probably North. Pick 2 is overs for Houston and 20+f3 in return not enough.

They always say things like this, until the goalposts change

If it persists, we might just find it is not purely rumour

Are eagles really giving pick 13 for Liam Baker? 27 years old and out of contract. Never made an AA team and is no world beater. I don’t blame bulldogs demanding two firsts for Baz based on that
Surely Tigers send something back with Baker... maybe a 2nd rounder lol

Sounds like a rort if it's straight 13 for Baker.

Port wouldn't be keen at all.

SDK + a couple of nothing picks for Butters.

We are in la-la land if we think we'd land Butters for that.
its all La La Land stuff on here
this Thread would be less than a page and we wouldn't be heading to Part three if it was only factual info

I obviously value SDK a lot higher than you, which if fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back