Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

What do you think Stengle would be worth to trade out? this is hypothetical obviously... but as a value proposition If we could get a first round for him and bring in Owies for him that would make a heap of sense from a value perspective.
Stengle is pretty unique at Geelong. He is the only small forward we have who is a goalkicker.

Miers is a hard-running assist guy. Close is a great defensive small forward, who can kick a few. But neither of them will post 40 goal seasons.

I won't label them as addicts, but the simple fact is that both Smith and Oliver HAVE used drugs, and therefore there is a legitimate concern about any remaining propensity to do so again.

I'm sure the club will do its due diligence on this score, and will do all it can to protect our culture.
We better get rid of Stengle then….

Anyone else thinking the play could be to switch SDK into ruck for most of next year and slot Connor OSullivan into his position in the backline?

Conway is still long term injured right?

SDK and Blicavs alternating ruck and key back is highly likely to be our best ruck setup. Conway will get plenty of games but he'll still be 7 months off his 23rd birthday come grand final day next year which is very young for a ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about Clark straight swap for Oliver, and Demons pay 200k pa. All day every day in every parallel universe.

Bazalenka for P15, throw in Clohesy. All day everyday in every parallel universe.

Clark in all likelihood will end up a much better player than who we might take with our FF. Just trade the pick and change. We need to be filling list spots, not exchanging players.

How about Clark straight swap for Oliver, and Demons pay 200k pa. All day every day in every parallel universe.

Bazalenka for P15, throw in Clohesy. All day everyday in every parallel universe.

Over the target regarding Clark, but we should try to keep Clohesy.

This comment may age poorly, but I think many people here overrate Clark big time. He showed nothing of unique worth for the whole season and didn’t register a single notable game. To think Mannagh was kept out of the team for so long because match committee persisted with selecting Clark is probably the worst and most bewildering selection decision of the season.

What do you think Stengle would be worth to trade out? this is hypothetical obviously... but as a value proposition If we could get a first round for him and bring in Owies for him that would make a heap of sense from a value perspective.
Seriously. He helped win us a flag

Anyone else thinking the play could be to switch SDK into ruck for most of next year and slot Connor OSullivan into his position in the backline?

Conway is still long term injured right
Connor is promising but haven't seen anything that indicates he will be best 22 on merit next year and SDK isn't a good ruck at this stage. So far SDK has been an excellent defender at stages, a below average ruck and an above average mobile bigman in live play. He could potentially become a decent ruck but i'd much rather see him at CHB/CHF using his mobility to control the ball in the air while stanley/Bltz/Conway compete in the Ruck.

I'd be happier if we had a decent backup like Fort TBH. There are major question marks over both our current pure rucks, Blitz is getting on and SDK isn't proven yet.

The benefit of getting Oliver & Smith is as much about the players they are themselves as it is about making our lesser lights better.

Bowes will likely be shifted back with Duncan running on fumes, and as has been mentioned many times on here, as much we love Axe and his effort, he's probably not in our prime midfield set up in an ideal world.

Bruhn & Clark will still get their rotations, but with the focus on two of Holmes, Oliver, Smith, & PFD, they're every chance to be let off the chain with the increased freedom and lack of attention.

Conway is still long term injured right?
I think without sdk as a ruck option we'd be very very exposed and we'd be putting Conway into too many contests within game. Conway's body would break down and we'd be relying on the 33 year old rucks in blitz and Stanley

Seriously. He helped win us a flag

He did. And he's a great player and I love watching him play and I hope he stays on the list. Buttt... He's also got very high trade currency and he plays a position we have decent depth in and that we could cover with cheap free market options. As a stand alone It makes no sense... But if we have to lose a player with a high market value to pay for Smith/Clarry coming in i'd rather lose Stengle than SDK/Jezza or Holmes(who would be our other desirable players)

The way they were talking on TR… the Dogs want Sam Dek as a straight trade

Haha I love ambit claims.

Smith and Oliver will be picks and neither will involve sdk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back