Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

I’d love if we can get Oliver with Smith it’s exactly what we need. But I’m doubtful a trade for Oliver will be agreed on, there just seems too many variables to make something happen.
Yes it’s a big contract but don’t even need Oliver at his absolute best to make it work for the team. If he could extract the footy out to smith and Holmes for a few of years we’d have a very dynamic midfield.

I think people hoping we can get him for a late pick or that the dees would pay a big part of his salary will be disappointed. The dees may want him out but not enough that they will accept either of those. They’re a couple of poor decisions away from spending another decade at the bottom of the ladder.

Kudos to fishgutz and year of the Cat
even if they don’t get to cats the info has been spot on.

Not often a club brings in 3 top 10 draftees in one year
Yes they are at varying stages of careers but they each have elite talent and you can never have enough talent

The average cheater probably isn't hypersexual however. It's a character flaw sure.
Agree. Further, many serial offenders are just weak + promiscuous. Still, it does take two to tango + the other party is the same.

Was added purely to provide information that there are mental health issues in ‘some’ cases. Perhaps not articulated properly.

Don't think the ATO would see it that way.

All they have to do is say the property was given in lieu of wages and it'd be taxed (value of the asset) in their name. Whether the player has left the business or not is irrelevant.

The transferor would also be up for CGT and stamps upon transfer.
It won’t be in their name.

It will be through a discretionary trust and a company will be the trustee. They and their family members might be the directors.

They would definitely have CGT if they sell and they would get higher land tax.

The company would be purchasing the property at whatever price it was sold to them at. It would be separate to BS and his wages.

I doubt the ATO would even care to examine it.

Personally, I hope we find a way to get both Oliver and Smith. There are always risks in recruiting, and they differ if you go to the draft or trade players in.

Both Oliver and Smith have shown they have the ability to play at a high level in the AFL. In both cases, the risks revolve around their personal lives, personalities and injuries. Oliver obviously carries much more risk than Smith in this regard, so Geelong shouldn't have to deal out as much draft capital for him.

If you use the draft picks you are trading out to get these players, the risk is that the kid you draft (who may have a brilliant personality and come from a great family) just can't perform at a high level in the AFL. As an example is Jhye Clark; pick 8 in the draft, great kid, but at this stage has not shown he can perform at a high level in the AFL (I'm not writing him off yet, and still think/hope he can reach this level in the next 2-3 years).

The question you ask yourself is; would I have given up the Pick 8 we used on Jhye Clark to get a 23 year old Bailey Smith? I'd say, as it stands today, yes.

The other part of the question is; does the club have the sort of culture that can help keep more challenging personalities focused? The answer is sometimes yes (e.g. Stengle), sometimes no (e.g. Steven).

Every recruit and draft pick is a risk, and some don't pay off. Personally, I'd rather the club take the risk on players who have proven they can play at a high level in the AFL but carry some risk in terms of personality/injury if the price is right, than the risk on draft picks who have not yet proven they can play at the level.

If we give up a first rounder for Smith and a second rounder for Oliver (with Melbourne paying 20-30% of his salary), that would be a big win for us IMO.

Nah you're probably right, it was probably just a coincidence that all your party mates always seemed to need to go have a piss together at the same time, in the same cubicle 😜
Geez! What’s all this about loos?

Used to be girls went to powder their noses together. Now guys accompany one another! What has become of the world?

In my heyday it was all done in the open! Even cops joined in 😃

Vive le bon vieux temps!

Although, if you remember, you just weren’t there 🤣

Depends, what is your cumulative listen time?
To Trade Radio? Zero minutes

But my BF usage was up about 800% yesterday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it’s likely to push our pick 15 back to 16.

But it’ll be hella funny if GWS get band 1 for Perryman but the Aints don’t for Battle.
We will call it: the sook tax

APCO?

Apparently that's one of our sponsors
If we enter CO into this competition + he wins, will it be included in salary cap?
1727820589209.png

This thread is hilarious 😹

I’ve totally lost it 🤭

Off for a cup of tea, a Bex + a good lie down

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back