News Giants in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We do.

Do gooders on twitter losing their s**t in replies.
As bad as those old timers demanding what people wear, and what’s on tv.
I'm not going to stop others betting, but I'd be a lot happier if the clubs I support didn't hook themselves to an industry built upon exacerbating people's addictions and taking them to the cleaners. :( At least we don't have pokies.

Absolutely copping it on social media, and rightfully so.

We just need a coal company now to accompany Harvey Norman and TAB.
Amazon Prime Video GIF by The Man in the High Castle

Absolutely copping it on social media, and rightfully so.

We just need a coal company now to accompany Harvey Norman and TAB.
We are stuffed while we have to take these deals. Crypto wasn't ideal either.

Also...I bet on sport and own crypto so while personally I don't have a problem with it I understand that promoting it excessively towards a young audience isn't a good look.

We are stuffed while we have to take these deals. Crypto wasn't ideal either.

Also...I bet on sport and own crypto so while personally I don't have a problem with it I understand that promoting it excessively towards a young audience isn't a good look.
How are they promoting to a young audience?

It’s just promotion. Not targeting kids.

I do recall seeing this in the news at the end of last year via SMH.

Have found the following AFR article from November last year with some summary quotes below.

The betting giant has just signed three new sponsorship deals: the AFL’s GWS Giants and Brisbane Lions, and the NRL’s Parramatta Eels.

Looks like we may see an announcement from the Brisbane Lions soon, too.

Tabcorp says its new deals are “content partnerships”, which means it can promote the teams’ athletes across its own platforms. Tabcorp owns Sky Sports Radio, Sky Racing and the TAB app. It has 24 per cent market share, second only to Sportsbet.

“Tabcorp will not be using the TAB logo on any sports jerseys in 2024,” a spokesman told us. “We see this as a great opportunity to grow the brand of clubs and their athletes, as well as providing innovative content for our customers.”

Does not appear that there will be additional promotion outside of Tabcorp's existing platforms as part of this deal.

Last edited:
How are they promoting to a young audience?

It’s just promotion. Not targeting kids.
Clubs socials are generally child safe and PG. That'll do.
Or at least including hitting teen demo.

Once again....I don't have a massive problem with it but can totally understand why it's copping a lot of heat.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Giants in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Back