Big Red is back

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2006
Visy park
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
The way Hodge has taken to the back half makes me think that Byrce Giibs could fill that role next year for the blues.

Both players are NSD pick 1, Both players have super silky skills, Both players lack alittle pace, both players rack up lots of possession and both guys are very good in the air and on the ground.

Most importantly in Gibbs short career he has already highlighted he reads the play very well and can take on guys such as Chad Cornes and Goodes one on one and win.

For me central to the blues move up the ladder will be B Gibbs filling a similar role to Hodge. Potentially even better as at the same stage of their careers Gibbs is clearly the better player.

However he would go off for 20 mins in a cut throat prelim with a cut tongue.

Hodge confirmed no rib damage.... yet he was crying as he ran off twice

The knock would of hurt, don't you think. Hodgey played on and then fronted up for the most important game of the year which he was best on ground for. When duddy was smashed by Lloyd, there was no output from him and he missed the next week as well. LOL soft.

However he would go off for 20 mins in a cut throat prelim with a cut tongue.

Hodge confirmed no rib damage.... yet he was crying as he ran off twice

LOL when did Hodgey cry? I hear Hodgey's tears could cure cancer, it's just a pity that he doesn't have tear ducts.

Gibbs is a little bitch squibber. It's embarassing for Hodgey to even compare the two. It would be far more appropriate for you to compare Gibbs with someone like Brady Rawlings. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 08 he played in defence for one Brownlow vote. Murphy who played as a legitimate midfielder was twice as good with 2 votes.

In 07, I may be wrong, but didnt he play up forward.

He's an ok player Hodgey, just doesnt have the tank to play as a full-time midfielder. I'd compare him to Craig Bradley at the age of 34.

07 or 08?

June 16, 2007 at the Telstra Dome:
"Roughead led hard, showed clean hands and roosted a career-best five goals. Boyle kicked three and gave away another three to teammates, and Croad also snared three. Luke Hodge celebrated his 100th game by sneaking forward and getting four himself."

I think he likes playing against your mob. He got a season high of 32 disposals against Carlton in 2008 as well. 3 Inside 50s, 1 goal, 1 goal assist, 4 tackles...pretty good game I thought.

Please don't insult him by comparing him with Gibbs... :thumbsdown:

That's just below the belt.

In 08 he played in defence for one Brownlow vote. Murphy who played as a legitimate midfielder was twice as good with 2 votes.

In 07, I may be wrong, but didnt he play up forward.

He's an ok player Hodgey, just doesnt have the tank to play as a full-time midfielder. I'd compare him to Craig Bradley at the age of 34.

In 2007 he played in the midfield and snuck forward for 4 goals.

In 2008 he had a goal assist, plenty of inside 50s, one goal to his own name and 32 possessions. If he did that from defence then he has a bigger kick than I thought. :thumbsu:

Self p3wnage Bazza. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbs could be the next Hodge I feel it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back