Gibbs could be the next Hodge I feel it

Remove this Banner Ad

hodge didn't have sore ribs he had a sore breast..
hodge doesnt have ribs, because he has no heart to protect.
gibbs will be a far better player than hodgey

Hodge is super tough and very courageous.

Hodge would not shit himself if Stevie Milne ran at him.

Hodge would pull out a knife and slit The Blowfly's throat, then take the ball, stab it, and burn it.

LOL when did Hodgey cry? I hear Hodgey's tears could cure cancer, it's just a pity that he doesn't have tear ducts.

Gibbs is a little bitch squibber. It's embarassing for Hodgey to even compare the two. It would be far more appropriate for you to compare Gibbs with someone like Brady Rawlings. :thumbsu:
So sex him already..

19 yr old gibbs playing in a bottom 8 side scored more than 3 times the amount of brownlow votes mid twenty yr old hodge did in a top 2 team

i think that says it all

Come back to me when Gibbs can have an influence on a game like this:

34 disposals
6 goals 2 behinds
4 goal assists
10 inside 50's

Round 21 against the doggies last year. Pretty good for a soft half back flanker who can't play in the midfield.
And on Saturday 11 contested possessions. Does Gibbs even know what one of those is? And if Gibbs had of copped the knock that Hodgey did against St Kilda we wouldn't have seen him for the rest of the game yet people continously question his harddness and ability.
He is one of the best kicks in the league, look at his eff% average over the year.

Besides whoever calls Gibbs an elite midfielder clearly is a massive ********!(looking at you Kreuze_missile) He averaged 3 clearances a game this year while hodge (a half back flanker who gets cheap kicks ) averaged 2.4 clearances.:rolleyes: Hodgey also averaged more possessions(contested and uncontested), more marks, more goals, more I50's, more 1%ers.
Please explain how a half bank flanker beats an elite midfielder in average goals(1.0-.07), I50's(almost doubled him 3.8-2.0) and is only .6 a game behind him in clearances.

:D

I was there. Hodge was definately the best, Gibbs was Carlton's best.

Murphy was average despite getting 36 touches, the only ones you noticed were the shanks - which were a-plenty.

disosals: murphy-36, hodge-32
contested possessions: murphy-13, hodge-6
disposal efficiency: murphy- 81%, hodge- 84%
clearances: murphy-5, hodge- 0
goals: murphy-0, hodge- 1
running bounces: murphy-6, hodge- 3
goal assists: murphy-2, hodge-1
brownlow votes: murphy-2, hodge-1

now factor in the fact that murphy was playin in a team that lost by over 70 points and hodge was playing in a team that won by that margin, not to mention hodge has better players in his team to help him out and then factor in that murphy is only in his 3rd season whereas hodge is in his 7th and i think you'll find that you really f!@#ed up with that post.:eek:

19 yr old gibbs playing in a bottom 8 side scored more than 3 times the amount of brownlow votes mid twenty yr old hodge did in a top 2 team

i think that says it all

Not really, it just says carlton are shit. The better players at Hawthorn stole the votes off Hodgey. That's what it says. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come back to me when Gibbs can have an influence on a game like this:

34 disposals
6 goals 2 behinds
4 goal assists
10 inside 50's

Round 21 against the doggies last year. Pretty good for a soft half back flanker who can't play in the midfield.
And on Saturday 11 contested possessions. Does Gibbs even know what one of those is? And if Gibbs had of copped the knock that Hodgey did against St Kilda we wouldn't have seen him for the rest of the game yet people continously question his harddness and ability.
He is one of the best kicks in the league, look at his eff% average over the year.

Besides whoever calls Gibbs an elite midfielder clearly is a massive ********!(looking at you Kreuze_missile) He averaged 3 clearances a game this year while hodge (a half back flanker who gets cheap kicks ) averaged 2.4 clearances.:rolleyes: Hodgey also averaged more possessions(contested and uncontested), more marks, more goals, more I50's, more 1%ers.
Please explain how a half bank flanker beats an elite midfielder in average goals(1.0-.07), I50's(almost doubled him 3.8-2.0) and is only .6 a game behind him in clearances.

hey mate don't forget he kicked another but it was brought back, no play on. and he passed off a piss easy one he could've taken.

should've had 8 goals for the match.

Not really, it just says carlton are shit. The better players at Hawthorn stole the votes off Hodgey. That's what it says. :thumbsu:

JC, the voice of reason.

And to all you Carlton Flogs:
In all honesty, Gibbs could be a great player but I'm yet to see it. He has potential but that's all I see so far. He doesn't tear games apart yet with a few key plays. For Carlton's sake, I hope he does learn to do this. However, he'll have to learn not to avoid the rough stuff first. Fact is, he's a little squibber.

now factor in the fact that murphy was playin in a team that lost by over 70 points and hodge was playing in a team that won by that margin, not to mention hodge has better players in his team to help him out and then factor in that murphy is only in his 3rd season whereas hodge is in his 7th and i think you'll find that you really f!@#ed up with that post.:eek:

No need to be biased. Why not include that 22 of murph's disposals were handballs? :eek:

Hodge had a much greater influence on that game, and spent a quarter on the bench.

JC, the voice of reason.

And to all you Carlton Flogs:
In all honesty, Gibbs could be a great player but I'm yet to see it. He has potential but that's all I see so far. He doesn't tear games apart yet with a few key plays. For Carlton's sake, I hope he does learn to do this. However, he'll have to learn not to avoid the rough stuff first. Fact is, he's a little squibber.

C'mon Gil, be serious for a tick. If you fail to see that after 2 years Gibbs is well ahead of where Hodge was, you have no idea.

Remember how much stick Hawthorn got for a few years there cause they drafted Hodge ahead of Judd and even, lol, Ball?

let's take a look at where this millenium's brownlow medal winners' teams have finished up:
2000-woewoedin (grand final)
2001-akermanis (premiers)
2002-black (premiers)
2003-buckley (grand final), goodes (4th), ricciuto (6th)
2004-judd (7th)
2005-cousins (grand final)
2006-goodes (grand final)
2007-bartel (premiers)
2008-cooney (3rd)

let me assure you, you have more likelihood of getting brownlow votes if you play in a winning team than you do if you're playing for a team that loses mroe often than not.

I like how you rounded up murphy's efficiency stats too, while rounding down hodgey's :eek:

Really hilarious :D

And with 22 handballs still was less efficient than hodgey's game, who had 21 kicks.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Er, Hawthorn thrashing a side by 70 would imply the ball was down our end a hell of a lot. Thus getting 32 touches playing in the backline would indicate he was a MASSIVE PART of not only destroying your attacking ventures, but in setting up our attacks. We did thrash you BTW.

And the fact Murphy got 36 touches in a HUGE loss implies we couldn't give two shits about him getting the ball, but not only that, it implies his game went a long way to helping us THRASH THE PANTS OFF YOU.

In fact the more a player like Murphy gets it the better as far as I'm concerned. Would much rather shut out a player like Stevens or Gibbs.

Seriously kid, you're far to stupid as a person to be a WUM. Give it up.

Hodge-Tough, Leader,
Gibbs-Squib, frontrunner

frontrunner, mate ur a tool, who u kidding, ... gibbs is a class act and a leader for the club and will be the captain of the Blues and one day of the AA team mark my words..
as for big red i have said it b4 and will say it again you a a fool who comes up with pathetic threads...
ATM HOdgy is 1 of the best players in the league Gibbs is still learning

You're so full of it murph, of course murphy's going to have more assists than hodge, who was playing as a defender that night. There is no question who the better player is, you're reading too much into the umpire's votes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbs could be the next Hodge I feel it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back