Gibbs could be the next Hodge I feel it

Remove this Banner Ad

Hodge : Number one pick with huge wraps in 2001 who finally acheived his potential in 2008.
Gibbs : Number one pick with huge wraps in 2006, so he should finally reach his potential in about 2013 if he is as good as Hodge.:p

In 2007 he played in the midfield and snuck forward for 4 goals.

In 2008 he had a goal assist, plenty of inside 50s, one goal to his own name and 32 possessions. If he did that from defence then he has a bigger kick than I thought. :thumbsu:

Self p3wnage Bazza. :D

He definitely played half back this year. And those 32 possessions must have been really damaging to get him the 1 vote.

Hodge : Number one pick with huge wraps in 2001 who finally acheived his potential in 2008.
Gibbs : Number one pick with huge wraps in 2006, so he should finally reach his potential in about 2013 if he is as good as Hodge.:p

Spot on BE!

People forget how Hodgey was berated for years after being the number 1 pick.

He is still a draft blunder but starting to come good.

He definitely played half back this year. And those 32 possessions must have been really damaging to get him the 1 vote.

He's a booming kick from half-back then. Why play in the midfield when you can kick goals from 100 meters out? :thumbsu:

Hey, wasn't this the same game where Carlton supporters booed Squibbs for kicking a goal off his own boot? LOL

He was easily the best on the ground. Don't even pretend like you don't think as much too!

:p

Only an idiot would think otherwise.

(and for the record I've said it a few times, I think Gibbs could be a Buckley/Hodge mkII)

This thread is an insult to Gibbs. Hodge is in the same league as Joel Bowden, Darren Milburn, Graeme Johncock and Heath Shaw - blokes who rack up uncontested possession in the back 50 and add no real value to their teams. Gibbs is an elite midfielder and is up there with Ablett, Bartel, Judd, Kerr and Cooney as one of most damaging players in the game.

This thread is an insult to Gibbs. Hodge is in the same league as Joel Bowden, Darren Milburn, Graeme Johncock and Heath Shaw - blokes who rack up uncontested possession in the back 50 and add no real value to their teams. Gibbs is an elite midfielder and is up there with Ablett, Bartel, Judd, Kerr and Cooney as one of most damaging players in the game.

Please sir, continue strumming that **** guitar.

uranidiot.jpg

He was easily the best on the ground. Don't even pretend like you don't think as much too!

:p

Only an idiot would think otherwise.

(and for the record I've said it a few times, I think Gibbs could be a Buckley/Hodge mkII)

Sorry J2S, but I can only go by who the umpires voted for and quite clearly he was the 3rd best on the night. No mean feat for a defender mind you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry J2S, but I can only go by who the umpires voted for and quite clearly he was the 3rd best on the night. No mean feat for a defender mind you.

:D

I was there. Hodge was definately the best, Gibbs was Carlton's best.

Murphy was average despite getting 36 touches, the only ones you noticed were the shanks - which were a-plenty.

:D

I was there. Hodge was definately the best, Gibbs was Carlton's best.

Murphy was average despite getting 36 touches, the only ones you noticed were the shanks - which were a-plenty.

Just out of curiosity, who did get the 3 votes for that game? Was it Lewis?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbs could be the next Hodge I feel it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back