Gibbs vs Hodge 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, Juddy, HP's dad doesn't think you're the awesome.

I was kinda hoping you'd repost that Dad thing. It was pretty funny. But you got me.

By knee to the back of the neck, do you mean 'was used as a step ladder'? Or did somebody go Captain Falcon on him?

Yeah, Juddy, HP's dad doesn't think you're the awesome.

I was kinda hoping you'd repost that Dad thing. It was pretty funny. But you got me.

By knee to the back of the neck, do you mean 'was used as a step ladder'? Or did somebody go Captain Falcon on him?

He was in a marking contests and Roughead got him in the back of the neck with his knee. Concussion.

Thanks, it's interesting when you get somebody who watches a lot of AFL games like my dad does. He doesn't listen to the AFL media, except for the commentary, so he misses out on a lot of the hype that gets thrown around particularly in talkback radio.

I was hoping he would show my dad this year, but so far no good.

Surely now its time that the Hawthorn brains trust bit the bullet and relegated Hodgey to Box Hill for a month or 2 to assist with his fitness and confidence.

He looks terrible in 09 :eek:

Surely now its time that the Hawthorn brains trust bit the bullet and relegated Hodgey to Box Hill for a month or 2 to assist with his fitness and confidence.

He looks terrible in 09 :eek:

Confidence is never an issue with Hodge, but I think he might benefit from a week off when a few of the boys get back. He did well to play with concussion, but I'd give him a little break.

I've never bothered watching a lot of Hawthorn games and when I have I haven't really been all that Hodge focused, however, with all the hoopla on Bay 13 I thought I'd keep and eye on the fella, this season, as it unfolds.

Well, I've seen him butcher the most basic of kicks, not just once, but repeatedly. I was amazed. I was expecting to watch an elite footballer.:eek:

I've seen him leave (valued) opponents alone in their forward fifty, whilst he pretends that he can read the play and anticipate where the ball will fall, thus leaving massive amounts of egg on his face when it becomes clear that he has no idea of reading the play, and his opponent then waltzes in for an easy shot on goal.

His attempts at spoiling are so crude and unnecessary that it is costing his side on the score board every game, to the point, you can see it reflected in the eyes and body language of his teammates. They know.:(

All up, this Luke Hodge is pretty over rated from what I've seen so far.

Of course, I've also watched Bryce Gibbs this season, and so far he has not put a foot wrong. I know when he has the ball something good will come of it for the Carlton footy club.

When watching Gibbs, either defend, or create play from the guts, you know you're watching an elite footballer. You know you're getting you're doughs worth.

When Gibbs gets the ball and begins weaving through a pack, creating something quite magical, you can see it reflected in the eyes and body language of his teammates. Because they know they're working with someone quite exceptional. An elite footballing talent.

Actually, it's probably a little unfair to be comparing Gibbs to Hodge this season. Maybe, to make it a little fairer, we could compare Hodge to one of our newcomers, like, perhaps, Mitch Robinson.
Well, actually, in hindsight, we can't even do that, as Robinson is already so far ahead of Hodge this season that it's down right embarrassing :eek::(

So true, so true last night Gibbs just put a few more swords through the back pocket player in Hodge. And in actuality Gibbs stood up for us in the last half when the game had to be won and the Lions were hitting us hard, says it all really about the GREAT Elite player this 19 year old kid has already become.

Hodge shoulder surgery and concussion.

Gibbs fresh as a daisy after a lifelong practice of avoiding contact :eek:

Get back to us when Hodge is fit.

Does Hodge need to get his nails painted too to ensure he plays well? ;)

All i hear is excuses!

Gibbs has started off the year in fine form. Hodge behind the 8 ball.

By the way, there's nothing wrong with that...all it means is that he's having a slower start to the year.

Hodge just needs to make sure he knows when the cameras are on him so he can roll around on the ground a bit.

He was in a marking contests and Roughead got him in the back of the neck with his knee. Concussion.

Thanks, it's interesting when you get somebody who watches a lot of AFL games like my dad does. He doesn't listen to the AFL media, except for the commentary, so he misses out on a lot of the hype that gets thrown around particularly in talkback radio.

I was hoping he would show my dad this year, but so far no good.

You don't get concussed when a knee hits you to the back of the neck, if you watch the replay, as I have several times, Rougheads knee makes contact with the side of his head, just behind the ear, but well above the neck. Hodge was fine.

It was also embarrassing when Hodge tried to do his thing in the backline when he went to spoil a Jolly mark - he was powerless to stop it and looked the fool whilst trying - this was the norm for Hodge last night, and to this day, Hodge has 0 B.O.G's for 2009.

Gibbs 2009 >>>>>> Waste of space Hodge 2009

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfmat...r-tigers-of-old/2009/03/26/1237657079390.html

It was a command performance by a Carlton team that threatens to play finals for the first time in years. Captain Chris Judd, Kade Simpson, Bryce Gibbs, Marc Murphy, Heath Scotland and Matthew Kreuzer dominated in the clinches.

Gibbs is terrble you say, yet he and the rest of our team still ripped you a new one last week... :D

Dont believe what you read in the newspapers and dont believe what you read in the age it is just the rich mans paper and they try to tell things the rich people want you to believe to screw the workers

They probably dont even go to the footy because they get stuck at the polo or the tennis or some other **** sport

Dont believe what you read in the newspapers and dont believe what you read in the age it is just the rich mans paper and they try to tell things the rich people want you to believe to screw the workers

They probably dont even go to the footy because they get stuck at the polo or the tennis or some other **** sport

right:rolleyes:

Can you keep posting, I need to read more comical genius.

Agreed lets ingnore all print media

ROFL

The Bigfooty community already wholeheartedly agreed that Wiggins was better than Hodge.

Kind of makes this thread redundant.

Gibbs>Wiggins>Hodge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't get concussed when a knee hits you to the back of the neck, if you watch the replay, as I have several times, Rougheads knee makes contact with the side of his head, just behind the ear, but well above the neck. Hodge was fine.

Yeah I think I'll take the hawthorn medical staff's advice before yours. Hodge-concussion. And if he got him in the head instead of the neck, that's still the right area for getting concussed, so I don't know why you're debating this.

It was also embarrassing when Hodge tried to do his thing in the backline when he went to spoil a Jolly mark - he was powerless to stop it and looked the fool whilst trying - this was the norm for Hodge last night, and to this day, Hodge has 0 B.O.G's for 2009.

Why do coaches and supporters like to pitt Gibbs against injured players?
Last year we had Goodes with a groin injury who still kicked the winning goals against Squibbsy, and Cornes with a finger injury.

Now the supporters are putting him up against Hodge, who had a shoulder operation, limited pre-season, concussion and had his knee iced after the game.

The fact that you feel the need to protect this kid just shows your insecurity.

Like most No.1 Draft Picks, Gibbs is good, but he's not Hodge good. And no amount of injuries to Hodge will change that fact.

Hodge shoulder surgery and concussion.
Gibbs fresh as a daisy after a lifelong practice of avoiding contact :eek:
Get back to us when Hodge is fit.

Mr Excuses here to save the day for Hawthorn

Seems like Gibbs, Murphhy & Robinson have (to use your favourite saying) gone past Hodge.

Poor Hodgey

No excuses necessary, Hodge is better than all those players you mentioned.

You're only as good as your last game Pudgey.

I think it's now become imperative for Hawthorn to give Hodgey a stint with Box Hill to dust off the cobwebs, in the process enabling him to reclaim his mantle as the AFL's number one loose man in defence.

Panic stations have well and truly set it.

Seems like Gibbs, Murphhy & Robinson have (to use your favourite saying) gone past Hodge.

Poor Hodgey
In fact I can't recall a player in Carlton's starting 18 that hasn't gone past Hodgey this year, how terribly sad for Hodge.

It is getting to the stage where a possible delisting in a couple of years is becoming an issue for him.

The Official 2009 Stats are in

Acts Of Courage
---------------
Hodge 53
Gibbs 0

Hours in front of mirror
----------------------
Hodge 0
Gibbs 2000

Number of times tagged
-----------------------
Hodge 2
Gibbs 0

Number of minutes manned up(shows how much opposition respect him)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Hodge 100
Gibbs 0

Number of 2008 finalists played
------------------------------
Hodge 2
Gibbs 0

Number of times refered to as a Norm Smith medalist
---------------------------------------------------
Hodge 200
Gibbs 1 (OK this is due to TAB Sportsbet discussing there 1000000-1 shots.

You're only as good as your last game Pudgey.

I think it's now become imperative for Hawthorn to give Hodgey a stint with Box Hill to dust off the cobwebs, in the process enabling him to reclaim his mantle as the AFL's number one loose man in defence.

Panic stations have well and truly set it.

What? :rolleyes:

As for the rest of your post, nothing new, just false intimations as to Hodgey's role and mistaking injury for form. Transparent as a broken window.

Number of times tagged
-----------------------
Hodge 2
Gibbs 0

What? Hodge was tagged? Who was the tagger? :confused:

the-invisible-man.jpg

We dont know who as he shook it pretty quick being the star he is so yes it would appear to be an invisble man.

Good observation

Surprised he was able to shake a tag so quickly considering last time he would have needed to do that he would have been playing for Geelong Falcons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbs vs Hodge 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back