Gilly returns!

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking good, good to see Gill back! He's that player who's always angry, always looking to take a risk.

Red Jumper or not, we have to go out and win the game, simple as that. Excluding Finals, our minor round record in Brisbane isn't too bad. I'm preparing for another challenge in our red jumper again, sorry. I just have a feeling that we will wear it.

If we wear the red jumper then that'd be silly, its more of a clash to Brisbane's Jumper than our normal strip is.

Very happy. IMO i think Gill was one of the reasons we made the 8 last year. Lets hope he can stay in the side and cause a bit of dammage.

Just hope the combined return of Burton, Gill and Tippett is 9.3 rather than 3.9!!

Great to have Gilly back!

I think we wear our normal jumper.

Wrong :thumbsdown: Old Red It is, saw it on 9 news preview, agree with VVM clashes more with Brisbane then our home and away guernsey's.

BTW: blame those whom complained about the numbers on our away Guernsey for why we wont be seeing it for the rest of this year and will only be seeing Old Red

Wrong :thumbsdown: Old Red It is, saw it on 9 news preview, agree with VVM clashes more with Brisbane then our home and away guernsey's.

BTW: blame those whom complained about the numbers on our away Guernsey for why we wont be seeing it for the rest of this year and will only be seeing Old Red

____ I hate that jumper.

Why can't be just make a jumper that doesn't clash with anyone, and that doesn't look like it was designed by a 2 year old.

____ I hate that jumper.

Why can't be just make a jumper that doesn't clash with anyone, and that doesn't look like it was designed by a 2 year old.

Thing is our home one doesnt clash with anyone! So why the hell do we need a bloody away top!

I just hope to see some hard leading from Tip, I'm not at all sold on this bomb it on to his head rubbish. He is devastating on the lead and I don't understand why it isn't part of the game plan.

I agree - he is great one on one and on the lead

the problem in the last few matches is that we have bombed it on his head and he has 2 or 3 on him at anyone time

I agree - he is great one on one and on the lead

the problem in the last few matches is that we have bombed it on his head and he has 2 or 3 on him at anyone time
Ever since Go-Go Gadget tore him a new one I think the word is out. I just hope Craigy has been taking notes ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem as I have seen it is the number of people that contest those long bombs, Tippet always gets scragged to hell but the ump is usually blinded by the numbers. Also I rekon the #1 tall defender will go to Tippet this week as he has a far bigger reputation. Leaving the Gilmiester to run amok further afield, he will take 9568 marks... bookmark it.

The problem as I have seen it is the number of people that contest those long bombs, Tippet always gets scragged to hell but the ump is usually blinded by the numbers. Also I rekon the #1 tall defender will go to Tippet this week as he has a far bigger reputation. Leaving the Gilmiester to run amok further afield, he will take 9568 marks... bookmark it.

I agree tippet has found out what its like to be a tall forward in the AFL

no protection what so ever

however those leading forwards like Buddy and Fev get a lot of protection

i wouldn't say tore him a new one

i'd say a 250+ game veteran against a 9 game rookie the result was what would be expected

wouldn't you ?
I didn't say it wasn't expected but I just think that the bomb the ball on to Tippet's head gameplan got found out that night and it hasn't really worked ever since against less prestigious opponents. Tippet would have pwned Fletch had he been allowed to lead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gilly returns!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back