Gippsland League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucked in Traralgon!!

Out in straight sets!!

Love it!!

Overated Bogans!!

Maffra are going to be up against it next week ,no A.Burgiel and as of Friday night ,no Digga Stubbe ,had a serious mishap badly lacerating his arm which required surgery in Melbourne.Would've loved to have got a bet on Drouin at the start of the year.They would now have to go in as favorites.This is no rumour BTW ,his injury is pretty serious, no way will he be playing next Saturday but by the sound of it ,that is the least of the concern ATM when you're talking surgery to re-attach tendons ,that's about as bad as it gets.Hope it works out OK for him he's been great for Maffra both on and off the field since he arrived at the club.Interesting to see how they line up in the forward line now.

Maffra boys out on the gas I hear when Digger fell through a window or something?

Few of the Maffra heirarchy understandly fuming with what has happened.

Even if nothing had've happened ,not a good look getting on it to that extent the week before your grand final ,considering a few of those boys would be on good coin too.This will really test the character of the players next week.

Anyone able to find out what the Morwell ground is like after yesterday? I was at the social rooms Wednesday night and it looked pretty good (except for a bit in the middle) without actually going on it. The last month it had been talked about as a dung heap but seemed pretty ok to me.

Sale fc only one team into the GF the U/16's but it was a great effort by the boys to get up against the Maffra/Bairnsdale united team at Maffra yesterday.Going to have their work cut out next week though against the strong Brian Graham coached Traralgon outfit. Young Maroon Tim Membrey would step into a senior lineup with most GFL clubs ,big unit ,great player too ,would have to be a strong draft chance in the next couple of years ,the rest of them go alright as well and veggie has them fit and well disciplined.Well done to the young Maggies though ,they're a determined bunch of young blokes well led by their captain Shannon Lange who came back against doctors orders to play a big part in the win yesterday.I don't think anyone expected them to make the grannie thats for sure.

Got a mate whose little brother plays with the Sale boys so i thought i'd give em a wrap ,good luck lads.

Maffra boys out on the gas I hear when Digger fell through a window or something?

Few of the Maffra heirarchy understandly fuming with what has happened.

I don't know why, the Maffra players haven't changed there drinking habits for years in finals and it has seemed to work. Didn't seem to care then, if the commitee were so concerned about it surely a drinking ban would be put in place in finals to stop these things happening.

If I was a Maffra commitee member I would be more concerned with the players health than not having him playing.

Was having a muck around with a mate when he put his hand out and through the window, photo looked terrible. It was a terrible thing to happen to such a good bloke. I just hope he can get it all healed up and get back to work asap.

I don't know why, the Maffra players haven't changed there drinking habits for years in finals and it has seemed to work. Didn't seem to care then, if the commitee were so concerned about it surely a drinking ban would be put in place in finals to stop these things happening.

If I was a Maffra commitee member I would be more concerned with the players health than not having him playing.

Was having a muck around with a mate when he put his hand out and through the window, photo looked terrible. It was a terrible thing to happen to such a good bloke. I just hope he can get it all healed up and get back to work asap.

Correct Nugget, the football is the least of anyone's concerns at the moment. His livelihood depends on him using his hands. Have heard that he will get 90% feeling back which is great considering what could potentially have been.

Correct Nugget, the football is the least of anyone's concerns at the moment. His livelihood depends on him using his hands. Have heard that he will get 90% feeling back which is great considering what could potentially have been.

Puts things into perspective. Realistically, who cares about the football, just hope Digga ends up ok. Goes to show how some people on this forum, and in general, take a relatively unimportant game of football a little bit too seriously at times.

Also on the Maffra hierarchy I think the frustration was more with the whole looking out for your mates, responsibility side of things aimed at the lot of them. As guys like Nugget and Mayhem would know part of a clubs liquor licence requires the players to listen to an alcohol/safety talk. At Maffra the talk is taken very seriously so that's where the disappointment comes from. To say that they were angry because it could cost them a football match isn't true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also on the Maffra hierarchy I think the frustration was more with the whole looking out for your mates, responsibility side of things aimed at the lot of them. As guys like Nugget and Mayhem would know part of a clubs liquor licence requires the players to listen to an alcohol/safety talk. At Maffra the talk is taken very seriously so that's where the disappointment comes from. To say that they were angry because it could cost them a football match isn't true.

It came across that way but yeah some valid points there.

So what are everyones tips for the GF this weekend?

Is there key match ups that will influnce the outcome?

Maffra by 7 points
the match will be decided in the midfield, maffra couple of big loss's, but enough depth.
A.Somarlis vs B.Coleman
P.McGrath vs C.Robbins
B.McCullum vs B.Connolly
horsford will have to stand up big time at full forward being no Stubbe & Burgiel, (maybe win another match of his own boot)
yummy6 cheering hard on the side lines

Maffra by 7 points
the match will be decided in the midfield, maffra couple of big loss's, but enough depth.
A.Somarlis vs B.Coleman
P.McGrath vs C.Robbins
B.McCullum vs B.Connolly
horsford will have to stand up big time at full forward being no Stubbe & Burgiel, (maybe win another match of his own boot)
yummy6 cheering hard on the side lines

Someone's gotta do it :thumbsu:

Drouin by about a goal, in great form although Maffra have a lot more big game experience and that has to count for quite a bit...
Tipping Chris Dunne to be dangerous as he has proven against Maffra a couple of times over the past few seasons, somewhat underrated I feel. The inclusion of Buddy Proctor has also gone someway to helping Drouin in the finals without dominating a game yet.

Who is going to come into the eagles 22 from the 2nd semi squad ? They could do worse than to bring young Jack Johnson in from the 3rds.Big call for a kid to debut in a GF i know but if anyone could do it without the occasion affecting him ,Johno would be the man ,he doesn't seem to fear anyone on the field from what i've seen and if it was the middle of the season ,his form in the thirds would definitely warrant selection.More than likely though ,i reckon they might throw someone like Matt Johnson forward and bring up a proven solid defender from the 2's.Drouin are an unknown quantity really ,great for the competition that they've made it ,wonder whether they'll invite Gary Ablett Snr down to give them a rev before the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back