Gippsland League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still tipping Maffra by a narrow margin , a lot of Grand Final experience in the team compared to Drouin despite the outs of Burgiel and Stubbe.A lot of pressure on the Maffra ruckman without Digga there to give him a chance to have a breather though, he's going to have to play a blinder.

There is no extra time in grand finals that I'm aware of, only the other weeks of finals. If gippy league does hev ET in grand final's, it would be the first I've ever heard of.

Was going to ask for clarification. I know it is in the other weeks so I just assumed the GF was the same.

Morwell ground is in great nick, totally surprised when rocked up yesterday and saw it dry.
Heard a whisper tonight that if they get much more rain down the Valley ,they might look at moving the GF to Maffra or Sale.Having said that ,no one at Sale to my knowledge has been told to be ready should that eventuate so i don't know how much truth there is in that.It's never happened before either.

Heard a whisper tonight that if they get much more rain down the Valley ,they might look at moving the GF to Maffra or Sale.Having said that ,no one at Sale to my knowledge has been told to be ready should that eventuate so i don't know how much truth there is in that.It's never happened before either.

I heard Sale and T'gon. Maffra doesn't have the grandstand Sale has. I guess they could get the portable type one's like at Traralgon?

any news on maffra's inclusions? or drouin's injury concerns?
obviously more will be known after selection tonight no doubt, but any early mail?

Need a change??? Warmer weather, great lifestyle, successful club....

Cairns Saints Football Club are actively recruiting players for their 2011 premiership quest. We are the most successful club in the league having won 9 premierships in the last 15 years and are seeking number 10 this year. We have many country Victorians who play and have played at our club, including current assistant coach and former Nyora / Gippsland Power midfielder Ben Hallas and former Poowong midfielder Alex Macqueen.

The club can assist with relocation and obtaining employment for players. Cairns Saints also have a netball club (winners of the past 2 senior premierships) for WAGS and the club acts as an excellent social scene for new players and supporters. Cairns Saints offer extremely attractive incentives for players who play well which leads to many locally paid players leaving opposition clubs to join the Saints culture.

This is an excellent opportunity for all footballers to change their lifestyle for a year, a decade or a lifetime. With so many activities available within the region (fishing, camping, snorkelling/diving) and the social lifestyle (the largest hub in Australia for young backpackers from around the world) it is almost impossible for people not to enjoy themselves.

Take this opportunity to get away from the cold weather and play on lush surfaces in the sunshine every week. Also enjoy the night life at the many esplanade night clubs instead of going to the same venues every game.

Visit the Cairns Saints website at www.cairnssaints.com.au for more information and contact us at the email provided under the 'contact us' tab.

Need a change??? Warmer weather, great lifestyle, successful club....

Cairns Saints Football Club are actively recruiting players for their 2011 premiership quest. We are the most successful club in the league having won 9 premierships in the last 15 years and are seeking number 10 this year. We have many country Victorians who play and have played at our club, including current assistant coach and former Nyora / Gippsland Power midfielder Ben Hallas and former Poowong midfielder Alex Macqueen.

The club can assist with relocation and obtaining employment for players. Cairns Saints also have a netball club (winners of the past 2 senior premierships) for WAGS and the club acts as an excellent social scene for new players and supporters. Cairns Saints offer extremely attractive incentives for players who play well which leads to many locally paid players leaving opposition clubs to join the Saints culture.

This is an excellent opportunity for all footballers to change their lifestyle for a year, a decade or a lifetime. With so many activities available within the region (fishing, camping, snorkelling/diving) and the social lifestyle (the largest hub in Australia for young backpackers from around the world) it is almost impossible for people not to enjoy themselves.

Take this opportunity to get away from the cold weather and play on lush surfaces in the sunshine every week. Also enjoy the night life at the many esplanade night clubs instead of going to the same venues every game.

Visit the Cairns Saints website at www.cairnssaints.com.au for more information and contact us at the email provided under the 'contact us' tab.

Firstly....Enjoy your red card.

Secondly - Ray Floyds son is available

Who is going to come into the eagles 22 from the 2nd semi squad ? They could do worse than to bring young Jack Johnson in from the 3rds.Big call for a kid to debut in a GF i know but if anyone could do it without the occasion affecting him ,Johno would be the man ,he doesn't seem to fear anyone on the field from what i've seen and if it was the middle of the season ,his form in the thirds would definitely warrant selection.More than likely though ,i reckon they might throw someone like Matt Johnson forward and bring up a proven solid defender from the 2's.Drouin are an unknown quantity really ,great for the competition that they've made it ,wonder whether they'll invite Gary Ablett Snr down to give them a rev before the game.

Haha. Gazza would wanna be paid $1000 to do that. No chance. I'll give the right tip, Drouin are riding a very high wave of belief, beware the eye of the tiger. 10 points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey i am a ex resident of gippsland and just wondering how some of the juniors have come up around the warragul area? Any big names? I know a few i could name who had potential when i was around....

Hey i am a ex resident of gippsland and just wondering how some of the juniors have come up around the warragul area? Any big names? I know a few i could name who had potential when i was around....

Give us some names and we should be le to tell ya what they're up to

Good game to watch from a neutral perspective, Maffra threatened to blow it apart early but full credit to Drouin for hanging tough for 3 quarters.

#10 for Maffra goes alright, same for #10 fullback for Drouin

Big thumbs up for the giant tv screen at far end of the ground!

Only see a few games of Gippy each year, but I'm assuming the injuries Maffre had in the one's probably cost them the 2's?

Good game to watch from a neutral perspective, Maffra threatened to blow it apart early but full credit to Drouin for hanging tough for 3 quarters.

#10 for Maffra goes alright, same for #10 fullback for Drouin

Big thumbs up for the giant tv screen at far end of the ground!

Only see a few games of Gippy each year, but I'm assuming the injuries Maffre had in the one's probably cost them the 2's?

Tv screen was great

I thought 8 for Maffra was best although hard to tell when you dont know the players.

What did you think of the decision to award a free to Maffra in the goalsquare when Drouin kicked the goal in the last quarter. I thought Drouin were still a chance at that stage.

Yeah waa a free kick, standing square onto the incident, if he had of put his hands up to even pretend to attemt the mark he might have got away with it. Yeah they were still a chance if they got that goal but the wind went out of the sails.

ummm well when i was around and following the jnrs there were a few names son of steve chris carey was a big boy but always thought he would come along...any news on him?

Tom Muir related to maddog muir....there was Ryan Buttner who was the juggernaut of his league..josh tynan is the other one & daniel jackson.

will be looking forward to hearing news about these boys...

thanks,
manny

I can tell ya that Josh tynan has played u/18s power virtually all year. Daniel Jackson has played seniors for drouin this year if we are thinking of the same one. Top effort at 16. Not sure about chris but Thomas Carey has played a mix of u/18s power, warragul seniors and thirds.

Someone from down that way might have more info although there aren't many posters from down the valley.

Number Ten was Gary Jones (league best and fairest) and Number Eight is Ben Coleman.

Well done to Maffra a great effort, really showing their own depth and greatness as a football club. I imagine this would have been one of there better grand final victories considering the events leading into it.

I have been told and whether this is true or not but apparently they (Maffra) will have 70 players to pick two sides from!!! Phenomenal effort indeed and shows just how strong they will be again this year.[/quote]

Game Set Match! You can go and buy a handful of guns, but time and time again, it's depth that is the most important ingredient to success. Big names will buy you memberships, big numbers will give you premierships. This stuck out like a sore thumb again on Saturday. Key players out, key players down on performance, the next rung step up and fill the breach perfectly. Can't help but admire them and what they've been able to achieve with a settled, mostly home grown coaching staff and list over the past ten years.

yeah congratulations to maffra. have set the bar for 10 years now and will continue to set the standards for a while to come i think. Has anyone got anything about Moe and Warragul regarding there coaching positions? whispers are traralgon could be looking for a new coach too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back