Gippsland League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if you mean - good forward line structure or lack of dumb forwardline structure?

At the end of the day the side was well coached and won a game no one thought they would. The next week the same structures did not work. I think the club is in a lot better position than where they were last year so you must admit that something is working well at Sale. Seniors are 3 and 2 and the Reserves are the same. The end of the season will tell if the club should be happy or not.

I can let slip that the Maggies are about to announce one of the biggest signings to come to the league in a long time. A midfielder who will be the best in the league. This doesn't happen with a bad coach in place, regardless of your opinions of him.

any chance of names

spoke too soon Warrior?

Everyone else was abit soon to jump that the only person being spoken to was him. He would have been a huge pick up but it did fall over at the last minute. I can confirm 2 other quality players are being spoken to and fingers crossed on them signing!!!

Everyone else was abit soon to jump that the only person being spoken to was him. He would have been a huge pick up but it did fall over at the last minute. I can confirm 2 other quality players are being spoken to and fingers crossed on them signing!!!

hopefully i'll be able to watch sale this week, heard a few rumours about the 2nds coach, so might try and get there early enough and see how he performs. i heard he retired last week, but saw the selected teams and he's playing again!!!!!! Mayhem, your always good on the rumours, have you heard anything????????????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hopefully i'll be able to watch sale this week, heard a few rumours about the 2nds coach, so might try and get there early enough and see how he performs. i heard he retired last week, but saw the selected teams and he's playing again!!!!!! Mayhem, your always good on the rumours, have you heard anything????????????

How about i confirm this one for you.
I said I wouldn't be playing any longer unless needed due to injury or unavailabilities. The Reserves this year still have not needed to find fill in players which is a credit to the clubs depth. This week we have over 10 players injured in the open age bracket and we still don't need thirds or over 35's to assist. Other clubs would love to be in our position. Not playing gives a better oppurtunity for the other talls in Hudson, Lipman, Morrison, Sayers, Curtain, Phillips and so forth to play key position.
I was still getting a kick but will never play seniors so good for the others to stake their claim. I wasn't going to play at the start of the year but changed my mind as other things fell through. I hope like hell we have injuries each week as i love playing and know i can still be of value.

It will be great to see you dow there this week watching. I promise i will buy you a beer seeing i know who you are. Can't wait to see some more positive remarks written on here seeeing you a valued member of our club.

Hendo that's great news you have decided to stay on as a playing coach! I have followed all kinds of football in Gippsland the area and have seen you in your various roles and responsibilities. To have someone like you with knowledge, experience and enthusiasm out on the park every week is what country footy is all about. Sale would be saddened to not have you play and be involved given the great job you have done for so long. You definitely have alot to offer to all players and members of the club, especially those who are just coming out of underage and pushing for senior spots.
As I have seen and heard your commitment to whichever club you have been involved with is unquestionable and the foundation of any successful team.

As for blokes like Neggie9 and Robbie Jayy if you think you have all the answers front up at the club, tell hendo and the like who you are and your opinions, do something constructive. It's easy to sit here and bag him, takes something to help and be a part of the solution. If you are involved in the club already as a supporter no doubt you would be the kind up and about when the club has wins against maffra but nowhere to be seen in the losses and hard times. If you're a player (sounds like you could be) upset with these 'rotations' well then that's just disgraceful, man up and speak to the senior coach.

How about i confirm this one for you.
I said I wouldn't be playing any longer unless needed due to injury or unavailabilities. The Reserves this year still have not needed to find fill in players which is a credit to the clubs depth. This week we have over 10 players injured in the open age bracket and we still don't need thirds or over 35's to assist. Other clubs would love to be in our position. Not playing gives a better oppurtunity for the other talls in Hudson, Lipman, Morrison, Sayers, Curtain, Phillips and so forth to play key position.
I was still getting a kick but will never play seniors so good for the others to stake their claim. I wasn't going to play at the start of the year but changed my mind as other things fell through. I hope like hell we have injuries each week as i love playing and know i can still be of value.

It will be great to see you dow there this week watching. I promise i will buy you a beer seeing i know who you are. Can't wait to see some more positive remarks written on here seeeing you a valued member of our club.

i'm still waiting for that beer coach!!

i'm still waiting for that beer coach!!

You know i'm good for it!

What did you think of the magoo's on the weekend?

Thought it was the best game the boys played for the year????

The one's, just need to kick straight and back there ability a little more. Need some one to stand up and spark the boys early!!!

Your opinions???

The one's, just need to kick straight and back there ability a little more. Need some one to stand up and spark the boys early!!!

Your opinions???

sorry coach, i was on call for work & got called out at 11, only got to the game halfway through the 1st quarter of the seniors, i heard the 2nds played well, in the seniors, if it wasn't for my boy Dessent & Sweeney, i think we would've lost by more, i also thought the forwards led way to wide all day and they missed some easy goals, so crucial some of those misses!

Your opinions???
Great win by your boys big fella ,haven't seen the 2's play for the jumper with as much passion for a fair while it's a big effort to go down there and beat the Mo in the mud and crap on the famous hallowed turf of "The George Bates Reserve".Pearcey has done a great job too .There seems to be a good feeling around the place even though the chances of winning a flag in any division this year at this stage look to be long odds (seniors maybe with a bit of luck ).

Back to your game ,Bates was a revalation in the backline ,he's so flamboyant it's not funny.Thomo did some good things he could be anything ,look out when he returns to full match fitness.Krusic ,Morrison........well what can i say don't mess with either of them ,they were tough in the clinches.

The seniors would've won if not for bad kicking ,they actually did well to be in with a chance in the last qtr after giving the Moe boys such a start in the 1st qtr.The conditions definitely suited the bigger bodies of the Moe boys and at the same time slowed our runners right down.Lets just see what happens next time we play them given a dry day in front of a packed Cliffy .F.Gamlin stand.Dessent easily best for Sale followed by Fraser thought Quirky played his best game for the year.Keep up the good work Hendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back