Gippsland League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SMASHED ? We only defeated alberton league by 2 goals and had the alberton boys used the ball in the first half it may well have been a different story. The under 16's did it easy they beat alberton by 7 goals and i think that beat ellinbank by 5 goals. The gippsland league was the better league on the day taking out both 18' and 16's but did not smash them in the 18's not to sure if you were there or making an opion on a score card ?

yeah no idea what I was talking about, silly me!!

Read my post again Tollner would definitely get a game and it was a real shame that Brander didn't play more senior games for Sale .No idea why he didn't come back and play again.There has been a lot of good players go to Sale City rather than Sale ,having said that the magpies have recruited pretty well themselves this year and if a few things already in the pipeline come off ,next season will be even better.The currrent commitee are probably the best bunch of guys from an approachability POV than has been there for a long time led by a well respected president.

Sorry must have read it wrong.

There is no argument that the current committee are doing all they can to make the club better, that is for sure. I have a huge amount of respect for Nick, Scott and Co for all the work they are doing they seem to have an eye for the future and putting Sale on the right track.

The magpies have recruited well for sure, managing to entice players back from Darnum to play at Sale. Flint and Gooch have been good whilst other recruits have been injured, which has been a shame.

Just don't let Sale City take anymore players its getting harder every year at Heyfield!!!

Not really concerned ,just stating an opinion .True a lot of Sale juniors have gone elsewhere to play ,....at clubs like Brisbane Lions ,StKilda ,Collingwood ,Bulldogs (thats western bulldogs BTW)and North Melb all over the last 20 yrs.Any idea how many Sale City have had drafted from their club with all it's juniors.....?I'll tell you ,over the last 20yrs none however in the early 80's a guy called Darren Grant played a couple of games in the then Footscray U/19's.Not one rep in the Gippy Power u/18's either ever.That's not to say that Sale City aren't a good club just different league ,different standard and they should never be compared to Sale from a playing POV ,i will concede however they are well administered and probably stronger financially than Sale fc ATM like a lot of minor league clubs are these days.

Of the the guys you mentioned ,they are all great players ,McLay had done his time ,been a great servant of the club and left on good terms chasing less training and a bit of extra cash ,can't hold that against him .Shuey was a bit disappointing considering where he came from and his young age when he left ,thought he might have given Sale a bit more than he did.Adam Brander might've been OK a couple of years back when he first got back ,but he'd be struggling to get a spot in the Sale backline now days ,Tollner would get a game don't know much about Brayshaw.Got nothing against Sale City just wish their Admin would stop bagging out Sale locally all the time ,either that or step up to the plate and apply to join the GFL if they are so good and then see how they go.

you are a joke Jaworskyj, Shuey done some amazing things when he was at Sale, played some really good footy, always got the best defender/tagger every week and when he was a little down he had no one around him to stand up (fowler, martin etc) i think Sale expected Shuey to come back from adelaide and win sale flag after flag, but he couldn't do it all by himself and the way sale treated him was a disgrace and i'm glad he left & also good to see him playing good footy with his mates with no super expectations on him to win every game off his own back, hope city smash em & they win the flag

you are a joke Jaworskyj, Shuey done some amazing things when he was at Sale, played some really good footy, always got the best defender/tagger every week and when he was a little down he had no one around him to stand up (fowler, martin etc) i think Sale expected Shuey to come back from adelaide and win sale flag after flag, but he couldn't do it all by himself and the way sale treated him was a disgrace and i'm glad he left & also good to see him playing good footy with his mates with no super expectations on him to win every game off his own back, hope city smash em & they win the flag
Tell me what was so disgraceful with regards to the way Jake was treated at Sale Robbie.I'd be interested to know ,i wasn't around the joint much back then.

Sorry must have read it wrong.

There is no argument that the current committee are doing all they can to make the club better, that is for sure. I have a huge amount of respect for Nick, Scott and Co for all the work they are doing they seem to have an eye for the future and putting Sale on the right track.

The magpies have recruited well for sure, managing to entice players back from Darnum to play at Sale. Flint and Gooch have been good whilst other recruits have been injured, which has been a shame.

Just don't let Sale City take anymore players its getting harder every year at Heyfield!!!
I honestly wish Sale City well this year for the sake of some of the well respected stalwarts of the club that i've known like Dave Anstey and Merle Brander that have been through all the hard times in the past ,they deserve to see a flag ,however got to say that some of the current admin down there seem to give the impression that they'd love to see the magpies go down in a big way which doesn't exactly endear them to the Sale supporters who would've normally in the past supported the bulldogs as well as the maggies ,so their supporter base in the town may no longer be as large as it possibly could be.

Tell me what was so disgraceful with regards to the way Jake was treated at Sale Robbie.I'd be interested to know ,i wasn't around the joint much back then.

from the outside looking in & the rumours i heard, sale offered jake good cash and expected him to win games of his own boot when he first come back from adelaide, lost a couple of grand finals they probably shoulda won, jake played some really really good games, but probably wasn't at his best in the finals, (getting hard tagged as usual), then after 2 or three years they tried cutting his pay in half, so they can throw cash around at other blokes who weren't worth it.

I honestly wish Sale City well this year for the sake of some of the well respected stalwarts of the club that i've known like Dave Anstey and Merle Brander that have been through all the hard times in the past ,they deserve to see a flag ,however got to say that some of the current admin down there seem to give the impression that they'd love to see the magpies go down in a big way which doesn't exactly endear them to the Sale supporters who would've normally in the past supported the bulldogs as well as the maggies ,so their supporter base in the town may no longer be as large as it possibly could be.

why do they have to barrack for SALE, they've got their own club to worry about, they can't help it if SALE can't win a game

why do they have to barrack for SALE, they've got their own club to worry about, they can't help it if SALE can't win a game
They don't have to barrack for sale but at the moment despite the recent clearances that Sale fc has let go without any trouble to Sale City they discourage any of their juniors wanting to have a crack at GFL from going to Sale and steer them toward Maffra instead.This pisses off a lot of Sale fc supporters who in the past would've got behind the bulldogs in the NGFL as well.So much for building up a good rapport in the town between the two clubs .As for Sale not winning any games ,we're having a rough trot ATM but it's only 2yr ago we won another flag to add to the collection and you know what else ,the club has never had to go into recess for a year.

after 2 or three years they tried cutting his pay in half, so they can throw cash around at other blokes who weren't worth it.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

What a load of crap you dead set know it all!!
But all the same, thanks for giving us a laugh at the absaloute rubbish you write.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

from the outside looking in & the rumours i heard, sale offered jake good cash and expected him to win games of his own boot when he first come back from adelaide, lost a couple of grand finals they probably shoulda won, jake played some really really good games, but probably wasn't at his best in the finals, (getting hard tagged as usual), then after 2 or three years they tried cutting his pay in half, so they can throw cash around at other blokes who weren't worth it.

I don't think that is true, Robbie.

Now to quote the great man himself "do you know these things (insert name here.....robbie in this instance) or do you just make them up for Bigfooty"

Schuey played half a year when Cox coached then stopped playing so unless Sale are running there club differently to every other single club in existence and negotiating contracts halfway through a year, I would say the reason he left because they cut his pay is crap. It also presents a bad reflection on Schuey, which is unfair as you say your point is from a rumour and an outsider looking in.

Who knows why he left, I do know that it was mismanaged and that is all.

I don't think that is true, Robbie.

Now to quote the great man himself "do you know these things (insert name here.....robbie in this instance) or do you just make them up for Bigfooty"

Schuey played half a year when Cox coached then stopped playing so unless Sale are running there club differently to every other single club in existence and negotiating contracts halfway through a year, I would say the reason he left because they cut his pay is crap. It also presents a bad reflection on Schuey, which is unfair as you say your point is from a rumour and an outsider looking in.

Who knows why he left, I do know that it was mismanaged and that is all.

Schuey walked off the ground at the maffra game with 5 mins to go the year we won the flag. His heart obviously wasnt in it and still is a well respected bloke around the club regardless what happened on and off the field. Sale is really struggling at this present time and when things go wrong people go back on the past. Jaworsky your just a ****ing tool. I played in a flag at sale and all the shit you write is just pathetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went and watched Sale yesterday to see how they are travelling and while there reserves played some really good football there senior side was to busy trying knock all the Traralgon players heads off. After alot of talk about Sale being the real improvers this year it seems they have gone backwards. Traralgon forward T.Aitken was dominant which had alot to do with Sale firstly playing a kid on him in Dessent then putting a bloke half his size on him. Surely number 8 Flint who looks there strongest and best backmen had to go to him.
Can anyone comment on Sale's coach he made some very strange moves yesterday!

Read back there's been alot of discussion about him. Can't comment myself as i'm not at Sale. Hopefully reading back helps you?

For the record...GFL 18's won the interleague carnival yesterday. Smashed everyone. I'm not sure about the 16's but they probably won too. :thumbsu:

were these games full length games eg. 4 x 20 min quarters, or were they shortened 20 min halves type games? im assuming they were shorter games due to the round robin structure. if they were full structure games no league would get within 100 points of the gippy league i reckon, especially in the U.18's.....but who really cares as long as kids are playing and enjoying there footy thats all that really matters

Schuey walked off the ground at the maffra game with 5 mins to go the year we won the flag. His heart obviously wasnt in it and still is a well respected bloke around the club regardless what happened on and off the field. Sale is really struggling at this present time and when things go wrong people go back on the past. Jaworsky your just a ****ing tool. I played in a flag at sale and all the shit you write is just pathetic.
I never said he had anything to do with what has gone on this year.You are obviously mates with Schuey but even you would have to admit that it's not that often these days you get a guy straight out of AFL into the club at that age so there was an expectation that he would be around for a while and be a top player with the club so they probably have a right to feel just a little disappointed at the way it turned out don't you think ?I mean he's offshore now anyway part of the time so Sale City is probably a good fit for him now days .You played in a flag with the club which is interesting.......well not really ,i couldn't give a fu$k how many flags you played in, hurling insults over the internet is as weak as pi$$, you should be able to express an opinion without copping that crap.

I never said he had anything to do with what has gone on this year.You are obviously mates with Schuey but even you would have to admit that it's not that often these days you get a guy straight out of AFL into the club at that age so there was an expectation that he would be around for a while and be a top player with the club so they probably have a right to feel just a little disappointed at the way it turned out don't you think ?I mean he's offshore now anyway part of the time so Sale City is probably a good fit for him now days .You played in a flag with the club which is interesting.......well not really ,i couldn't give a fu$k how many flags you played in, hurling insults over the internet is as weak as pi$$, you should be able to express an opinion without copping that crap.

Harden up chief.

I went and watched Sale yesterday to see how they are travelling and while there reserves played some really good football there senior side was to busy trying knock all the Traralgon players heads off. After alot of talk about Sale being the real improvers this year it seems they have gone backwards. Traralgon forward T.Aitken was dominant which had alot to do with Sale firstly playing a kid on him in Dessent then putting a bloke half his size on him. Surely number 8 Flint who looks there strongest and best backmen had to go to him.
Can anyone comment on Sale's coach he made some very strange moves yesterday!
I didn't see the game but i agree with you ,i can't understand how any single opposition forward can manage to kick that many goals against Sale this season with Flint in the side.He (Aitken) obviously had a big influence on the game and not switching your best defender on to him is inexcusable .Stubbe from Maffra kicked 11 goals against Sale last year ,this year when we beat them Flinty didn't give him a look in.Hard to know whats going on ,the side on paper looks every bit as strong if not stronger than the premiership year with the guys that have come back together with the recruits, but the season is already a write-off.
On second thoughts it's not hard to figure out why they've gone backwards just go into the rooms for a listen at 1/2 time, you'll get the idea.

I didn't see the game but i agree with you ,i can't understand how any single opposition forward can manage to kick that many goals against Sale this season with Flint in the side.He (Aitken) obviously had a big influence on the game and not switching your best defender on to him is inexcusable .Stubbe from Maffra kicked 11 goals against Sale last year ,this year when we beat them Flinty didn't give him a look in.Hard to know whats going on ,the side on paper looks every bit as strong if not stronger than the premiership year with the guys that have come back together with the recruits, but the season is already a write-off.
On second thoughts it's not hard to figure out why they've gone backwards just go into the rooms for a listen at 1/2 time, you'll get the idea.

don't blame the coach son, i've seen 6 games & Sale have way to many passengers, dessent, K.martin & a couple of others have been good all year, the rest have been terrible. the coach can only sit on the side lines and tell em what to do, he can't get the ball for them & kick it for them. bottom line the players out there aren't good enough or aren't putting in. they seem to be getting beaten all over the park, backline have been as good as they can be for the amount of pressure they've been under, (mainly Dessent). time to unload some older players on good money and stick with the good young kids

don't blame the coach son, i've seen 6 games & Sale have way to many passengers, dessent, K.martin & a couple of others have been good all year, the rest have been terrible. the coach can only sit on the side lines and tell em what to do, he can't get the ball for them & kick it for them. bottom line the players out there aren't good enough or aren't putting in. they seem to be getting beaten all over the park, backline have been as good as they can be for the amount of pressure they've been under, (mainly Dessent). time to unload some older players on good money and stick with the good young kids

To be honest sale has recruted wrong and i bet they relise it now. They have too many forwards and no class backman but flinty, Midfield has lovi but the rest have the same sort of game style and no pace, Lar can run all day but has one gear, they dont have a classy midfield that can tear the game apart. Looks good on paper but i dont think they have any commitment like the 2008 side who played for there mates and each other and not for themselves. Thats what you get when you buy duds especially the ones that f*** off before the season ends because they cant get a game in a struggling side etc. Tom smith Bairnsdale, Tim Light Darnum. Just shows there character. Weak as piss and i bet the president feels the same. Goodluck to Sale and i hope they can move on from this year with the young talent that is still around.

To be honest sale has recruted wrong and i bet they relise it now. They have too many forwards and no class backman but flinty, Midfield has lovi but the rest have the same sort of game style and no pace, Lar can run all day but has one gear, they dont have a classy midfield that can tear the game apart. Looks good on paper but i dont think they have any commitment like the 2008 side who played for there mates and each other and not for themselves. Thats what you get when you buy duds especially the ones that f*** off before the season ends because they cant get a game in a struggling side etc. Tom smith Bairnsdale, Tim Light Darnum. Just shows there character. Weak as piss and i bet the president feels the same. Goodluck to Sale and i hope they can move on from this year with the young talent that is still around.
Tom Smith looked too slow right from the start and Tim Light has always been flighty and prone not to see the season out even when he was a lot younger, don't know why they put so much faith in him.2010 has been a write off but we've had worse season's over the years and always come back up at some stage and as you said we have some really talented juniors who i know aren't the type to go to uni so they might stick around.This year is finished and unfortunately ,i can't see anyone beating Maffra ....again.

Why are Tom Smith and Tim Light weak as piss? You said they are duds. So, if they are duds, then they wouldn't be good enough to play in the WGLFL, so, why shouldn't they go and play in the lower leagues that they are used to playing in??

Tom Smith looked too slow right from the start and Tim Light has always been flighty and prone not to see the season out even when he was a lot younger, don't know why they put so much faith in him.

What do you mean by put so much faith in him? He was told, come along, train and see how you go. If your good enough, you will get a chance. He played one senior game in his time at the club (and, I'm not saying he should have played more). I would say just the right amount of faith was put in him, and then when it become apparent to both parties that his time at the club wasn't going to work out, he was allowed to move on.

Also, I'd love to know the clubs that he was playing at when he didn't see the season out?? Care to actually share any facts on this, or are you just making up rubbish to suit your story?

There is more to life than playing in the GFL for Sale Football Club, Lighty decided he wanted to have a crack at it, and after doing it, it wasn't for him, so, he left. I am not sure that I see how this makes him a dud.

Why are Tom Smith and Tim Light weak as piss? You said they are duds. So, if they are duds, then they wouldn't be good enough to play in the WGLFL, so, why shouldn't they go and play in the lower leagues that they are used to playing in??

What do you mean by put so much faith in him? He was told, come along, train and see how you go. If your good enough, you will get a chance. He played one senior game in his time at the club (and, I'm not saying he should have played more). I would say just the right amount of faith was put in him, and then when it become apparent to both parties that his time at the club wasn't going to work out, he was allowed to move on.

There is more to life than playing in the GFL for Sale Football Club, Lighty decided he wanted to have a crack at it, and after doing it, it wasn't for him, so, he left. I am not sure that I see how this makes him a dud.
Lighty isn't a dud he can actually play it's just that you could never really rely on him.If that was the arrangement that he could have go and see how it went
well they were definitely wasting their time even giving him one game.You need a little bit more of a commitment from a senior player than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back