Unsolved Girls that went missing from Adelaide Oval 1973

Remove this Banner Ad

WHats with the hat the lolly seller reckons the abductor wore... police are looking at it or the bikers have it? That story says its being forensically looked at... but the go fund me comment suggests bikers or privates doing forensics

The link is that the tests are intended to prove the hat had Stan Hart DNA on it. That it belonged to Stan and because it was identified as a hat like the hat the perp wore that day it would then incriminate SH further. With respect, you can't say a particular hat MUST be the hat worn by the perp. Best you hope for is it 'looks like' the same or similar hat. Circumstantial and without direct evidence useless of itself. Of course if it had DNA of either of the girls different story

The story about Alex Bone and his explanation for why Frank stayed in his seat and didn't attend inquest is interesting. The problematic links is assertions that :

* FB knew Stan Hart and was part of his circle of associates. Why we don't know

* FB had a property deal with relatives of BSVE. Again what is the link?

It is from the perspective of those two things that if true create a role for FB in the whole situation. They remain unanswered despite AB further commentary. So too if FB failure to attend inquest was a protest against ground officials. The ground officials didn't abduct the children. A perp did. With what we now know the ground officials also didn't cause the perp to escape. He already had. Therefore the suggestion it was a protest perhaps hides the true motivation for failure to attend inquest. We don't know. But answers to those two issues would certainly clear things up. Absent that, I atill find the behaviour questionable

Last edited:

It is from the perspective of those two things that if true create a role for FB in the whole situation. They remain unanswered despite AB further commentary. So too if FB failure to attend inquest was a protest against ground officials. The ground officials didn't abduct the children. A perp did. With what we now know the ground officials also didn't cause the perp to escape. He already had. Therefore the suggestion it was a protest perhaps hides the true motivation for failure to attend inquest. We don't know. But answers to those two issues would certainly clear things up. Absent that, I Still find the behaviour questionable

Alex Bone has satisfactorily dealt with the innuendo directed at his father. Alex Bone was actually there with living memory.

Where is the proof that Frank Bone was part of Hart's circle? Where is the proof of a property deal with BSVEs relatives? The ground officials didn't abduct the girls, obviously neither did Frank Bone.

Alex Bone has satisfactorily dealt with the innuendo directed at his father. Alex Bone was actually there with living memory.

Where is the proof that Frank Bone was part of Hart's circle? Where is the proof of a property deal with BSVEs relatives? The ground officials didn't abduct the girls, obviously neither did Frank Bone.

So he says so and it closes the door? Mmmmm.

My opinion is that anyone genuinely interested in welfare solely of the kids attends the inquest to further the investigation and help. Failure to attend in no way protests the ground officials. It disrupts the investigation. It's a legal requirement to attend in response to a subpoena and a very serious thing to ignore one let alone 3. So he breaks the law because he wants to protest the ground officials when they had nothing to do with the abduction? Why not write a letter to them or the coroner? Why not visit them in person and vent your displeasure? It sounds to me that is a weak excuse not to attend.

Of course IF it be true that there was an association with Hart as a journalist has outlined then non attendance would certainly negate uncomfortable questions. That is after all why subpoenas have legal force, so that people don't excuse themselves from answering difficult questions that may shed light

Because a 13 yo has living memory of the day and the search efforts in no way means every utterance must be true and complete relating to the abduction. We don't know what he wasn't privy to by design.

Article about BSVE link and other aspects that day

Last edited:

The link is that the tests are intended to prove the hat had Stan Hart DNA on it. That it belonged to Stan and because it was identified as a hat like the hat the perp wore that day it would then incriminate SH further. With respect, you can't say a particular hat MUST be the hat worn by the perp. Best you hope for is it 'looks like' the same or similar hat. Circumstantial and without direct evidence useless of itself. Of course if it had DNA of either of the girls different story

The story about Alex Bone and his explanation for why Frank stayed in his seat and didn't attend inquest is interesting. The problematic links is assertions that :

It is from the perspective of those two things that if true create a role for FB in the whole situation. They remain unanswered despite AB further commentary. So too if FB failure to attend inquest was a protest against ground officials. The ground officials didn't abduct the children. A perp did. With what we now know the ground officials also didn't cause the perp to escape. He already had. Therefore the suggestion it was a protest perhaps hides the true motivation for failure to attend inquest. We don't know. But answers to those two issues would certainly clear things up. Absent that, I atill find the behaviour questionable
Are the links to relatives of BSVE likely just a coincidence stemming from the fact that Adelaide at that time was considerably smaller than now?

Also, from having read about The Family murders in some detail - much of it on the Big Footy thread, I really doubt BSVE had any link to this abduction. His modus operandi was entirely different to this case and his interest was in teenage / young men. I think linking him to this case just confuses things and is effectively a red herring.

My opinion is that anyone genuinely interested in welfare solely of the kids attends the inquest to further the investigation and help. Failure to attend in no way protests the ground officials. It disrupts the investigation. It's a legal requirement to attend in response to a subpoena and a very serious thing to ignore one let alone 3. So he breaks the law because he wants to protest the ground officials when they had nothing to do with the abduction? Why not write a letter to them or the coroner? Why not visit them in person and vent your displeasure? It sounds to me that is a weak excuse not to attend.

Was Bone charged? Proof?

Of course IF it be true that there was an association with Hart as a journalist has outlined then non attendance would certainly negate uncomfortable questions. That is after all why subpoenas have legal force, so that people don't excuse themselves from answering difficult questions that may shed light

Bone was not going to be asked about Hart at the Coroner's Inquiry. Was Hart under subponae to appear? Was he even on the cops radar?

Because a 13 yo has living memory of the day and the search efforts in no way means every utterance must be true and complete relating to the abduction. We don't know what he wasn't privy to by design.

The fact that he was even there and apparently nobody picked that up through their 'investigations' over the last fifteen years or so, says a lot.

Was Bone charged? Proof?

Bone was not going to be asked about Hart at the Coroner's Inquiry. Was Hart under subponae to appear? Was he even on the cops radar?

The fact that he was even there and apparently nobody picked that up through their 'investigations' over the last fifteen years or so, says a lot.

Hart was interviewed by police in the days that followed. So yes he was identified early apparently. Posts in this thread. Another post on this thread said Bone was an associate of Hart. It was also mentioned that he left his seat before the abduction for 30 minutes approx. No explanation of that either. That probably would have been asked at inquest and IF he was an associate of Hart as claimed that association too given Hart was clearly on police radar almost immediately.

Yes the investigation by police has been totally flawed. Terrible in fact.

There have been posts early in this thread where it was discussed that many kids were playing immediately before the abduction. Perhaps he was one of them?.....but obviously didn't see what happened

A known pedophiles daughter (Terry Smythe) was with the kids before the abduction. She grew up to marry Stan Harts grandson.....the one with the map.....Mark Marshall.

The links to Hart are insidious

A warrant for arrest can be organized for failure to attend an inquest. A coroner would be unlikely to do that unless the person was suspected as perp. He wasn't..So having sent 3 subpoenas he probably reluctantly let the matter slide. I haven't chased nor won't. Doesn't make it any less derelict in lack of respect for the court. You want proof of something that didn't happen? Huh? You suggest Alex Bone has provided definitive proof when he clearly hasn't. He's provided explanations relayed to him by his father, explanations that are questionable given what we know.

Last edited:
Are the links to relatives of BSVE likely just a coincidence stemming from the fact that Adelaide at that time was considerably smaller than now?

Also, from having read about The Family murders in some detail - much of it on the Big Footy thread, I really doubt BSVE had any link to this abduction. His modus operandi was entirely different to this case and his interest was in teenage / young men. I think linking him to this case just confuses things and is effectively a red herring.

Don't think he was either. But if it's true the association suggests he (Bone) was on the fringe of those elements for some reason which is the point. Why? To what extent?

Don't think he was either. But if it's true the association suggests he (Bone) was on the fringe of those elements for some reason which is the point. Why? To what extent?
Did he know BSVE or only his relatives? Again, from my understanding of the The Family case, there is no suggestion that any of BSVE's family had any knowledge or involvement in the sexual assaults or murders.

So he says so and it closes the door? Mmmmm.

Article about BSVE link and other aspects that day
FRank Bone knew Hart or von einem knew Bone?

Knew Hart it's alleged. Presumably knew BSVE too.

We don't know context though. To my knowledge there is no known history of offending by FB himself.

The fact he refused to attend inquest when on subpoena has been attributed by son as a protest against ground officials. I struggle to believe that....misdirected if you ask me.

Hart had been interviewed by police as potential perp. Police would have known of any associates. Terry Smythe's daughters were playing with J & K just before the snatch. Terry Smythe was a known pedophile associate of Hart who had convictions and his daughters were interviewed by police. One grew up and married Mark Marshall grandson of Hart who provided map for barrels at Yatina. FB went missing for 30 minutes before the abduction.

In my opinion there are good reasons not to attend inquest that don't relate to any misdirected protest.

Tks. police testing the hat for dna to match it to Hart based on it being similar to one described by witnesses... or very sim by lolly seller witness. That doesnt make much sense or purpose given it was a hat found at harts shack, right. Dna evidence of vics would be better

Knew Hart it's alleged. Presumably knew BSVE too.

We don't know context though. To my knowledge there is no known history of offending by FB himself.

The fact he refused to attend inquest when on subpoena has been attributed by son as a protest against ground officials. I struggle to believe that....misdirected if you ask me.

Hart had been interviewed by police as potential perp. Police would have known of any associates. Terry Smythe's daughters were playing with J & K just before the snatch. Terry Smythe was a known pedophile associate of Hart who had convictions and his daughters were interviewed by police. One grew up and married Mark Marshall grandson of Hart who provided map for barrels at Yatina. FB went missing for 30 minutes before the abduction.

In my opinion there are good reasons not to attend inquest that don't relate to any misdirected protest.
I know some of those primary footy players... where is the alleged link between Frank Bone and Hart. Bone and ratcliffe were Norwood. Hart seems clear was North. Just womder if it is in other footy. Hart seems just a fan from what i read

Tks. police testing the hat for dna to match it to Hart based on it being similar to one described by witnesses... or very sim by lolly seller witness. That doesnt make much sense or purpose given it was a hat found at harts shack, right. Dna evidence of vics would be better

When BL announced he was pursuing that testng I thought then it won't prove a thing unless victim DNA is there. You don't know if other DNA is until you test though so may help .But yeah it proves nothing to show it belonged to SH.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When BL announced he was pursuing that tesrng I thought then it won't prove a thing unless victim DNA is there. You don't know if other DNA is until you test though so may help .But yeah it proves nothing to show it belonged to SH.
BL? The journo, ******** right? He has the hat??

The evidence that will prove it all is if victim DNA is found in the barrel contents that are supposedly being retested. There was a go fund me page to accumulate the $20k required to do that testing . Don't know if done. SAPOL lost the first samples.

Seems pretty likely Hart was involved. Seems likely that there was a pedophile gang. I like Radan for the snatch still. His family likeness to identakit is uncanny.

The man who did the snatch had a stoop. He also dropped eyeglasses which were probably for short sightedness requiring a prescription. If Radan has both these then it identifies him as the perp. Be pretty easy for SAPOL to check these things and to pay for the barrel contents retesting. But in my mind SAPOL behaviour relating to this case indicates the likelihood of something to hide. SH allegedly had a history of marijuana trade so I suspect that was the something to hide ....police complicity to protect him. Corruption perhaps

You don't hide barrels with acid and content of honeycomb consistency which once tested as blood in a water filled tunnel without good reason......especially if the grandson provides a map leading you there and stating it had bodies..

Last edited:
Sold his house to von einem it says. A von eimem played for norwood as did Bone and David ratcliffe in jun grades. Maybe thru footy knew

Bone owned the house until 1977. It wasn't purchased by Thora and Bevan until 1983 .

That appears not right.... this is in that story he wrote. talks about testing of materials from barrels found at Hart's place in bush. tunnels

SAPOL have searched the Yatina property named in those documents in 2008 and again in 2014 and confirmed last week they are continuing to forensically study a distinctive hat the bikers removed from the property in 2009 that was last July identified by key witness, Adelaide Oval lolly seller Anthony Kilmartin as ‘the hat worn by the abductor’.

As far as I can ascertain, the only link between VE and the Oval abduction is Mr B's suggestion part way through the 1990 trial for the murder of Barnes/Langley that VE told him about abducting kids from 'the football' and taking kids from the beach. This claim didn't hold up well under cross examination. Is there anything else?

And as Kurve said, and I have said, there was no property transaction between VEs and Bone. I believe the earlier journalist no longer makes that claim.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back