Give it a rest Mark

Remove this Banner Ad

I do not ever want to see the players head towards the outer, unless its a home final, ever again. What the **** is the point of it?

1) They do it every 2nd week

2) The members pay their money every week to come as well

3) Its old, tired, and pointless

4) If the players need a bunch of people going 'power clap clap clap' in front of them to spur them on....maybe they should spend more time listening to the coaches so that you dont have 9 goals kicked on you in the last quarter.

I do not ever want to see the players head towards the outer, unless its a home final, ever again. What the **** is the point of it?

1) They do it every 2nd week

2) The members pay their money every week to come as well

3) Its old, tired, and pointless

4) If the players need a bunch of people going 'power clap clap clap' in front of them to spur them on....maybe they should spend more time listening to the coaches so that you dont have 9 goals kicked on you in the last quarter.
Easy Macca, i do rate both yours and Fords opinion but in the case of today a coach has to use whatever tools are available. Port was beaten by a better side on the day but the good thing about footy is you get to play next week, month year, or years.

Cringe factor off the scale.

I felt embarrassed for you guys, so 1980s. I think the players must have been embarrassed too given the end resut.

^The outer is no longer a tool.

It's ability to 'inspire', expired a long long time ago.
From the guy that helps put the teeth in Matty thomas,s bite, believe me Choco is an inspiration to these kids and he does have their respect. Take today for example, Give Mathew a job and he will deliver. So much to look forward to, Robbie Grey included. 09 is not the year but alot to look forward to as these kids develop.

Problem is MWs coaching techniques have failed to evolve since 2002-2004. This is why he should have been replaced.

MW is still focused on possesion based football, slow movement, and zoning.

Since the 2004 flag name any PAFC player MW has developed in to a top flight player? None (perhaps Carlile is an exception) are even close to the upper echelon of the AFL's best with 5 years of development under MWs... and MWs is suppose to be a great teacher of young talent. :rolleyes:

2 more years. <CRY:mad:

From the guy that helps put the teeth in Matty thomas,s bite, believe me Choco is an inspiration to these kids and he does have their respect. Take today for example, Give Mathew a job and he will deliver. So much to look forward to, Robbie Grey included. 09 is not the year but alot to look forward to as these kids develop.

I was talking about the outer's ability to 'inspire', given its use has now become very very mundane. Thus, the 'outer' is no longer a tool.

I have no doubt that there is much to look forward to in the future, but once these kids start hitting their peak, the once in a lifetime tredrea plus ruck combo we have will be retired...

Right now, we should have a good mix of youth and experience...

A key forward to allow Tredrea to play his own game, and a key defender is what Port needs. The midfield of the future is developing but the 09 problem is it didnt matter how many times in forward 50 or how many times not in forward 50 the ball was delivered there was no one to capitalize on the effort. Fevola today was the difference, the backward chippy chippy game that port played this year was because of the fact that no one was their as a focal point.

Problem is MWs coaching techniques have failed to evolve since 2002-2004. This is why he should have been replaced.

Since the 2004 flag name any PAFC player MW has developed in to a top flight player? None (perhaps Carlile is an exception) are even close to the upper echelon of the AFL's best with 5 years of development under MWs... and MWs is suppose to be a great teacher of young talent. :rolleyes:

Not necessarily defending choco, but to answer your question - shaun burgoyne (hasn't reached his absolute potential, however he is still a top midfielder when on song, and don't worry i've been the first to criticise his defensive pressure in the last two seasons). 2005/06 saw his emergence.

But it worked in 2004 so it must surely work now! We'll be using this in 30 years the way our gutless administration and coaching staff work.

I hope everyone enjoyed 2004, it was great at the time but its time to forget it and move on, or we'll be telling people in 50 years how good 2004 was without another premiership

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It really worked a treat today :rolleyes:

Electrodes attached to their privates wouldn't motivate some of our players. When the going gets tough they run and hide.

His sister sits out there
No, she sits in bay 305 in the members ;)

It's ok to do it every now and again, but he's done it far too often and it clearly isn't working.

If Mark's wants to give anything a rest it should be press conferences.

How he justified peter over Broadie was a joke, Broadie hadnt' played for a few weeks!!! why was that I wonder.

I don't have a problem with going to the outer (why not go to the members now and again as well?)

But, after the last two years rubbish efforts from him and the players, now is not the time. Perhaps he is misreading the feeling out here. As with many others here and around me at the time, insipid efforts like last week and today's second quarter don't make me feel overly positive towards him and the players who are slack.

During the week I have busted my gut for my job, till late at night quite often, then driven 80kms to get to the game, only to see a pathetic 2nd quarter effort. Even though they tried harder during the 3rd quarter I was still in no mood to see him/them look for an artificial raise - I wanted to see something inside them rise to the surface, something like PRIDE.

Instead we got a 9 goals to 1 drubbing in 30 minutes of football.

Like the game, it was pretty much a half-arsed effort at getting to the outer. They probably made it just past the CHF position. Maybe Choco wanted to make sure he was out of range of hand-hurled projectiles? :p

Crowd seemed barely interested by their near-arrival anyway.

Like the game, it was pretty much a half-arsed effort at getting to the outer. They probably made it just past the CHF position. Maybe Choco wanted to make sure he was out of range of hand-hurled projectiles? :p

Crowd seemed barely interested by their near-arrival anyway.

And after that effort they are going to get an even more frosty reception next time.

Seriosuly the fans loyalty has its limits. I was one of those who lost his voice chanting at the players at 3/4 time today and was left feeling so let down at the final siren.

100% of the regular crowd noise near me (ie. noise when a goal hasn't just been kicked) is criticism and whinges - in the past four years we've lost a bunch of good supporters, and gradually a bunch of blokes with nothing better to do than whinge all game have moved in. No-one even attempts to get a cheer going any more.

I can't see what motivation players can expect to get from coming closer to the outer right now.

I wonder how many of you calling this stunt ridiculious were at the Brisbane game........

So it happened at the Brisbane game, the Hawthorn game and today. So thats what, 3 of the last 4 home games. Flogging a dead horse much?

Remove this Banner Ad

Give it a rest Mark

Remove this Banner Ad

Back