News Glen Bartlett launches legal action against MFC's Kate Roffey and other club officials; "Appeasement" over Goodwin's behaviour; Tissue required...

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting a bit of arse a crime now is it?

Lock me up baby, guilty as charged!

Arm around a woman and we in a courthouse now, better get the electric chair for all I done last week lol

Melbourne supporters don't have to care about it - I wouldn't - but an AFL coach is one of the most senior, public figures in the whole industry. You're kidding yourself if you think there's no story in one of them partying and abusing drugs (which is the clear imputation).

Somebody like Gillon isn't stupid, he knows it's a scandal which is why he told the club to stop Goodwin partying with the players.

No point attacking the media, it's a story and will get a lot of attention, which is their job.

Melbourne supporters don't have to care about it - I wouldn't - but an AFL coach is one of the most senior, public figures in the whole industry. You're kidding yourself if you think there's no story in one of them partying and abusing drugs (which is the clear imputation).

Somebody like Gillon isn't stupid, he knows it's a scandal which is why he told the club to stop Goodwin partying with the players.

No point attacking the media, it's a story and will get a lot of attention, which is their job.

Many Dees fans (going by their own board here) want him gone anyway for so called slack on field coaching performances, which is what I find weird many of them are defending Goodwin in this thread.

Club Great Adem Yze is probably going to take over as senior coach of The Dees sooner rather than later I suspect

Only one person in the media actually seems to want to cover it. The rest are keeping well away from it.

Like every time this comes up it will get a week of air time from the Hun before fading into obscurity again. Only the former president and his girlfriend are corroborating any of the claims and Bartlett had discontinued the case that all of the quotes in this article have been pulled from.

The media is airing old allegations as new. Only one journalist is covering it this way. This generally means one thing when there isn't anything new in the story.

The statement from the club today is firm and quite strong.

Many Dees fans (going by their own board here) want him gone anyway for so called slack on field coaching performances, which is what I find weird many of them are defending Goodwin in this thread.

Club Great Adem Yze is probably going to take over as senior coach of The Dees sooner rather than later I suspect
Lol yeah, nah

Over the last 20 years, being a director of an AFL club or a commissioner of the league has become a governance red flag. It is fast becoming a definitive black mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think all the campaigners out there are getting confused with their accusations, first it was because Goodwin's poor attitude towards the players, now it's because he was tool close to them

Oh well, I guess if you enough darts you'll eventually hit something 🤣

The media is airing old allegations as new. Only one journalist is covering it this way. This generally means one thing when there isn't anything new in the story.

The statement from the club today is firm and quite strong.

Worksafe have just launched an investigation into Goodwin’s drug use.

To suggest there’s no news here, that’s it’s just “old allegations”, in incorrect.

Like I said, you don’t have to care… but there is news here.

Didn't realise what people did in their spare time was part of Worksafe's remit tbh. Might have to think twice when I'm out celebrating with the boss and he offers me a cheeky "sniff" of some powder 😂

I still don't get Bartlett's point of view in this at all.
He's been shafted & wont take it sitting down:

'Court documents reveal Melbourne Football Club directors have piled up more than $413,000 in legal fees in their war with former president Glen Bartlett.
And the Demons camp will be forced to pay the vast majority of the money after losing a “special costs application” in the Supreme Court of Western Australia on Tuesday.

Bartlett is suing four Melbourne directors – including current president Kate Roffey – over his murky exit from the club in April 2021.'

(not verbatim, quotes not the full article.

'In his verdict handed down on Tuesday, Justice Marcus Solomon said he agreed with counsel for Bartlett that “the costs incurred by the defendants (Melbourne) appear to be disproportionate to the substantive matters to which those costs relate”.

“My experience of the matter does not appear to justify a costs order of over $320,000, and certainly not in excess of $410,000,” Justice Solomon said.'

'A costs order for the failed application was also awarded against the four Melbourne directors.'

'Bartlett is accusing the four directors of misleading and deceptive conduct and defamation, claims which the club says are “baseless” and will be “vigorously” defended.

A hearing is scheduled in the Federal Court on Wednesday (August 23).'

As someone that has known Glen Bartlett have always found him someone of great integrity.
Always been a straight shooter anyone from East Perth or WA car industry will speak very highly of him.

To take this action speaks to how badly he has been treated

As someone that has known Glen Bartlett have always found him someone of great integrity.
Always been a straight shooter anyone from East Perth or WA car industry will speak very highly of him.

To take this action speaks to how badly he has been treated

WA poster defends WA person. Water is wet.

WA poster defends WA person. Water is wet.
A guy who knows Bartlett defends him.
Either way, he stepped up when the AFL needed non Melbourne FC people to step up. 1964 was front & centre for at least 50 years too long.

I'd be happy if he bobs up on the Eagles Board if he decides to stay back there.

One person sticks up for what he believes is right and has the entire AFL media mobilise against him as a malcontent, weaponising his own club's fans and any neutral fans paying enough attention.

History might judge him a bit kinder now but also might be illuminating about how easily misled we are when the media machine decides to unperson someone trying to blow the whistle.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Glen Bartlett launches legal action against MFC's Kate Roffey and other club officials; "Appeasement" over Goodwin's behaviour; Tissue required...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back