Vintage Bay Go ahead and kick a bag on Ryan Schoenmakers

Remove this Banner Ad

All Schoenmakers appreciation posts will pretty much be made here.

Hahahahaha i can see why this thread went so quiet then!

O.k i will take a back seat now and wait for the next Fatpudge bump in 4 weeks when no one replies. :cool:

Hahahahaha i can see why this thread went so quiet then!

O.k i will take a back seat now and wait for the next Fatpudge bump in 4 weeks when no one replies. :cool:

Well nobody could come up with a time that a bag was kicked on Schoey. The challenge remains, but it looks to be an ever taller task in 2010.

Shoe is training the absolute house down ATM. Most impressive performer in a group that is having their best preseason in years.

Look at those bloody arms and thighs! He's just turned 19 for God's sake.

Another genius pick up by the Pelican and will be considered the most promising young KP by the end of 2010. Amen

Hard to split Schoenmakers and Shiels for the genius pick of the 08 Draft.

At the moment Schoenmakers is ahead, but of course Shiels is young enough to go in the 09 Draft.

Shiels also is dominating during preseason as you would know HP. He has barely grown pubes and the bloke is harder than any player at Carlton and a better kick. Some times I feel guilty about how good our youngsters are.

Hang on, didn't Hawthorn miss the finals because their backline was decimated? How could that be if they had a superstar stopper in Schoenmakers as the last line of defence all season?

Hold the phone - after checking the statistics, something isn't right. This kid, superior to Silvagni, only played 13 games at senior level in 2009. Wasn't Hawthorn struggling to put 22 on the park? Why leave the best full back of all time out of the side so often?

Maybe he too was injured! That curse sure struck hard down in 2009! But wait, even with scores injured - apparently the sole factor in the destruction of Hawthorn's back-to-back dream - that 'miser' Schoenmakers played seven games in the VFL!

No, Schoenmakers is a dud. Such was the carnage at Waverley, even when the Hawks would have played Thurgood had he been on the list, Schoenmakers was chasing kicks in the magoos.

Hawthorn struggled to nine wins from 22 games.

The fullback of the century played in 13 matches (Rounds 1-3, 11-13 and 16-22) for four wins, at a strike rate of 30.7%. :eek:

Without him, Hawthorn won six from nine at 66.7%.

The kid is clearly a superstar.

It's going to be harder than ever to kick a bag on Schoenmakers in 2010. He's pumped up and pissed off.

DSC00348.jpg

He's no Alex Rance

253505857.jpg

Or

Jayden Post

3795873443_9db4e9db6b.jpg

But a promising KP youngster, nonetheless.

Schoen didn't play all his games in defence. Question answered.
Why not play this sensational fullback in position when your team is getting beaten week after week?

Let's face it, it's pretty hard for a forward to kick a bag on you if you don't play in defence.

What a fail of a thread.

It would be the equivilant of of FIGJAM Mackie playing CHB without Scarlett or Milburn except the boy was rarely beaten. I look forward to the day that Mackie has to hold down your backline with Mr Cognac and is shown up for the stooge he is.

Why not play this sensational fullback in position when your team is getting beaten week after week?

Let's face it, it's pretty hard for a forward to kick a bag on you if you don't play in defence.

What a fail of a thread.

He did play in defence, just not all the time.

He's not quite a sensational full-back yet, but he's on his way to becoming a superstar CHB of the competition. Still hasn't been beaten and has shown an impressive build during the pre-season. His new-found size will combine well with his already elite fitness and disposal.

It would be the equivilant of of FIGJAM Mackie playing CHB without Scarlett or Milburn except the boy was rarely beaten. I look forward to the day that Mackie has to hold down your backline with Mr Cognac and is shown up for the stooge he is.
That happened in Round 17.

Scarlett and Taylor injured, Geelong bench decimated.

Mackie holding down the fort in defence.

Hawthorn five goals up in the last quarter - their season to play for.

Only to surrender like a wet tissue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oh yum his cute.

Geelongs forward line torn apart by one man in the 08 grand final. Priceless.

Shoenmakers has really gained some muscle and hopefully he can go through the pre season without any interuptions. Very very promising player

Superstar KPD who nobody has kicked a bag on, playing somewhere other than the most decimated backline in football history?!? Pisser.
To be fair, they had superstar-everywhere-ultra-flexible-as-long-as-it-doesn't-involve-running-or-midfield-duties Hodge at CHB.

Needless to say, Hawthorn had a stellar 2009, and must be very glad they cut Dawson from their list.

Superstar KPD who nobody has kicked a bag on, playing somewhere other than the most decimated backline in football history?!? Pisser.
Not only that, he couldn't get a guernsey for half the year.

That happened in Round 17.

Scarlett and Taylor injured, Geelong bench decimated.

Mackie holding down the fort in defence.

Hawthorn five goals up in the last quarter - their season to play for.

Only to surrender like a wet tissue.

Mackie played well that game, no doubt, however he had very little to do with you winning in the end.

We were wasteful in front of goal and your midfield, In particular Selwood got on top and won a majority of the clearances. The ball barely went into our forward line in the last quarter.

I would argue FIGJAM barely had a touch. Congrats should be given to Selwood who won the game off his own boot, your forward line who trapped the ball in your forward 50 with Bartel obviously kicking when it counted.

Mackie has 6 years more development in him and has had the luxury of playing a bit part in a dominant backline. My point is that I believe that Shoenmakers will be a more dominant KP defender than will Mackie when playing in the same postion.

You have to admit that the future of your currently great backline is a major concern.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vintage Bay Go ahead and kick a bag on Ryan Schoenmakers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back