Going out on a limb here, Kennett should step down/be forced to step down as President

Remove this Banner Ad

If You Jinx And Give Jive, You're A Bl00dy Idiot.

I know there's another thread on Jeff, but he really p!$$ed this long time member off during the week, and I would have had no problem with Melbourne doing us today. The sheer dismissive arrogance he displayed nearly backfired horribly, and the last thing Hawthorn needs, the club I've followed since the 70's and from an era where the club prez would shut the hell up and let the players do all the talking onfield (even Jeans couldn't be relied upon to give a memorable quote) - is our very own Allan McAllister, annoying and niggling everyone else and making us look like an organisation full of total ____heads from the ground to the top.

To quote those Great Bards of Juvenile Poetry, the Wiggles:

"Shut Up Jeff".

Re: If You Jinx And Give Jive, You're A Bl00dy Idiot.

He's having a poor couple of weeks. I travelled to Tassie last week and woke up on Sunday to front page news that he'd upset the Tassie people regarding their push for an AFL side. He then makes stupid comments about the MFC. To top it all off he rings Triple M and says he wants a Geelong or Collingwood game in Tassie next year.

He is pissing everyone off at the moment. Ted Baillieu must be getting nervous because I'm sensing a comeback!

Clarkson gets up Willow for giving Port extra motivation, yet I bet you Melbourne were spurred on by Kennets comments. He needs to think before he speaks!

One occasion were we might have to agree to disagree champ.

Emotions are over rated as a driving force for great performances because apart from the fact they are distracting, are players just going through the motions if they don't have some motivating factor?

However, just say Melbourne played above themselves today on emotion - I think that emotion would be with their skipper rather than the Jeff & Paul show.

Call it an over-reaction if you will, but I really think Jeff should step down as President at the end of the year. He's done a great job as President for us, but I think it's reached the point now where his comments are not only hurting the reputation of the Hawthorn Football Club, but possibly affecting the way could perform against their opposition on the field.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but when he started, didn't he say hoe he would be a 'behind the scenes kind of guy'. He tried to mute all of the clubs public appearances in the media. He even wanted Crawf off the footy show.

Fast forward to today. At the end of 2007, he called for the Kangaroos to move to the Gold Coast. Yesterday, he called for Melbourne to move to the Coast. What purpose do these comments serve? Did he expect the North and Melbourne CEO to sit up and say, "Well, now that Jeff's said it, that's the be all and the end all, let's make the move".

Ofcourse not. Instead, i'd be pretty sure that both the supporters and members of North and Melbourne would hope that these comments come back to bite Jeff.

Hypothetically, say Hawthorn finds itself struggling in 10 years time. Do you think Melbourne, North and other smaller Victorian clubs such as the Bulldogs will be there for us, offering a helping hand in our time of need?

Jeff needs to either shut up for good (I give it 3 months, tops) or leave the Presidency with dignity at the end of the season.

Shit I cant believe you posted this Phil? Bloody New South Welshman. Phil, I cant believe you thought that out loud:eek: Jeff is Hawthorn. In fact Jeff is Victoria.

If he got back in to politics....

Only president or board member across all clubs that has the balls to say what needs to be say.

We have been lucky in the past few years. There are things I would hate to be fighting against, Jeff Kennett, Alastair Clarkson and Lance Franklin. Imagine if they were our opposition. We would be a Richmond or where Melbourne is now. You have to tell it like it is, not sugar coat it like everyone else in the AFL. It has become so sanitized, some teams should be wearing netbal skirts.

This is crazy, step down, he should be offered the job for life. Everyone knows he doesn't think 10 clubs will survive in Melbourne so if he is asked what a struggling club should do he's going to say leave Melbourne. He would look like an idiot if he didn't say that.

No club is going to move because Jeff told them to but if the AFL make a move on some struggling clubs and we go to 8 Melbourne clubs Hawthorn is safe forever even if we go back to the days when we were in trouble.

Jeff should keep the job as long as he wants it.
He could however, say when questioned in a public forum - "although you know my position on 10 clubs in Melb, my job is to look out for the HFC, it would not be fair nor right to suggest what another Club or its President should or should not be doing!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Going out on a limb here, Kennett should step down/be forced to step down as President

Remove this Banner Ad

Back