Going to an NBA game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wondering if anybody can help me. In mid January next year I'm heading over to New York for a couple of weeks. I was hoping I could get along to catch a Nicks game while I was there. I have looked on their website and seen they are playing a few games in NY during this time (e.g. Suns) and have tried to find info about obtaining tickets but it is quite confusing.

So does anybody know my chances of getting tickets to a Nicks game (where to get them, how much, etc)?

Cheers

http://www.ticketnetonline.com/even...ource=google2&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=nba

http://www.ticketsnow.com/new-york-knicks-tickets/

http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-knicks-tickets/

I hope you enjoy going to the greatest basketball stadium in the world

StubHub is excellent but only if you're living in the United States, Canada or Mexico. If you have a trusted friend or family there that can serve as an inbetween then that makes up for it. StubHub has excellent fraud protection - I believe that they hold your money until after the event OR insure your payment, either way they are great.

Ticketmaster Exchange is pretty darn sweet if you're living overseas. Again, I believe they have fraud protection.

I don't like ticketsnow but other people swear by them.

I have been to all but one stadium (Toronto) that the NBA games are played at. The top tier tickets for the Lakers games are solid. I sat in the back row of the top deck at the baseline for a Lakers game a few years ago and it was fine. Fourth row, you're laughing. Great purchase.

I'll try and check in here regularly and try and answer some queries if people have any. There are some stadiums where the "nosebleeds" are truly awful and then there are some where it's very nice.

My favorite stadium aesthetically is definitely Staples but it lacks the character that MSG does.

One side note if we have any Spurs fans heading over... NEVER purchase nosebleeds unless you have no other choice.

StubHub is excellent but only if you're living in the United States, Canada or Mexico. If you have a trusted friend or family there that can serve as an inbetween then that makes up for it. StubHub has excellent fraud protection - I believe that they hold your money until after the event OR insure your payment, either way they are great.

Ticketmaster Exchange is pretty darn sweet if you're living overseas. Again, I believe they have fraud protection.

I don't like ticketsnow but other people swear by them.

I have been to all but one stadium (Toronto) that the NBA games are played at. The top tier tickets for the Lakers games are solid. I sat in the back row of the top deck at the baseline for a Lakers game a few years ago and it was fine. Fourth row, you're laughing. Great purchase.

I'll try and check in here regularly and try and answer some queries if people have any. There are some stadiums where the "nosebleeds" are truly awful and then there are some where it's very nice.

My favorite stadium aesthetically is definitely Staples but it lacks the character that MSG does.

One side note if we have any Spurs fans heading over... NEVER purchase nosebleeds unless you have no other choice.

Hey mate, regarding the seats behind the baseline in the top deck at Staples, is the view really ok??? If so I may consider going to see the clippers celtics game too.

I have shocking eye sight and I dont wear glasses when I should wear them. I believed even sitting in the back row it was well worth the night's entertainment. Though I cant remember what I paid to do so - it was a game that I wasn't working at and was strictly fan only.

Depending on how much you're paying for the tickets it's worth it.

Will you have net access when you're in LA? If you want the best bet, in my opinion, check out craigslist.org in the days leading up to the game. Usually you'll find a reputable (beware: NOT all are legit, but you'll be able to suss out the cons easily and ALWAYS meet in person) season ticket holder trying to get rid of tickets on the cheap.

Baseline really isn't that bad at all-- you will see fairly well and what you can't see you'll have on the screen in front of you. Besides, its where the real fans sit, sorta like the outer at the AFL. If you want my opinion nothing beats true Clippers fans. They know the game a helluva lot and they're nice as punch too. Really, if you've got the chance to go to both a Clippers AND Lakers home game then you should do both - you'll get a greater understanding of two vastly different NBA markets who play in the same building.

First of all -- perhaps a great site for your own information would be;

http://www.seatdata.com/

They have seating information for every US sports team in NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL. They also have some NCAA college football stadium seating maps.

The site costs US$10.00 per year. However, if you're looking at going on your dream US sports vacation what is an extra $10 to give yourself peace of mind on where you'll be sitting?

The clippers view - this I believe is from the back of the area I was is;

309.jpg
-- probably a little small to tell the view.

Wickzki what's your opinion of the US Airways Center? I'm heading there in March.

I love the arena. All of Phoenix (really all of Arizona's) stadiums are modern and really a pleasure to attend a sporting game at.

203.jpg
-- section 203 - mid court, upper section. If you like this type of view find a seat in the first half dozen or so rows. It's a better view than sitting in the last rows of the lower level (but there are no awful seats at this stadium compared to others).

227.jpg
-- section 227

My favorite view that I've had come from the ninth row in section 115.

115.jpg

was working this night and it allowed me to get my job done very nicely.

Stadium reminds me a fair bit of Melbourne Park, actually. More modernized and a few thousand more seats but comparable.

Compared to Staples Center it is TINY. There really are no nosebleed seats because of how small it is. It feels like a slightly bigger version of Melbourne Park tennis centre if you've experienced that.

The cheaper tickets here will feel like more expensive ones in other arenas - but if you're not going to get expensive tickets I'd suggest to sit towards the front of the second section, if at all possible.

Use the light rail when you're in Phoenix, if you're not within walking distance of the stadium. The stop is a block from the arena.

My biggest word of advice and it is generally true wherever you end up going to watch a game in the United States, as it is here in Australia, now is this;

Eat before (or after) the game at a good restaurant and you'll get much better food (and much more of it) than you will by buying it at the arena. If you thought Australian stadium food prices were ridiculous they're worse in the US (by memory).

Oh and since you're heading there in March... I suppose you'll be going to Phoenix after having visited another city? Be prepared for the Arizona weather to knock you about for the first few hours. When I was in Phoenix last time it was May (so my experiences were during the playoffs) right after having worked in St. Louis for about a month. Now, I know going into summer Phoenix is hotter than it will be when you're there but I wasn't prepared for it (compared to the St. Louis weather). You could feel the Arizona heat inside the airport terminal with full air conditioning on.

If you'd like other Phoenix recommendations I can help there too.

Contemplating a US trip in late March-early April 2012... Got family in Washington DC, the timing is strategic to catch the end of the NBA and NHL regular seasons, plus the start of the MLB season. I'll try and get to games in Washington DC and New York, but the priority is Celtics, Bruins and Red Sox games in Boston. Looking the spend a week there, going to need some sweet scheduling to play out for me as I'll probably only have a week there which I may lock in soonish... Anyone know when schedules will be released (mainly for NBA and NHL). Hopefully I can be there before the last few games where they (especially the Celtics) will be sitting the vets...

Doing mid to late Dec 2011 in Boston and NY - looking to grab a few hockey matches and HOPEFULLY a few NBA games if the lockout is lifted.

Staying at the New Yorker, so very close to MSG - gonna get it on. Expensive tickets that i've seen for the NHL at MSG, so might get a close to action at a Devils game in Newark and a long view at MSG.

Has anyone used eBay for tickets? Any luck?

the garden is a weird one

all the Knicks history for the last 20 years is opposition superstars dominating on the "big stage"

and the rest of the history, is actual history, really old stuff that not many would have been around to see, Elton john and Billy joel have banners in the rafters for knicks games (WTF???)

but its NY and its the garden, the place was electric when i went (Melo's debut)

reminded me of what its like when Richmond are up and about, if they had a consistently good side they would be close to the most intimidating crowd in the league

The United centre felt like they were trying to move on but keep the Jordan thing going (and when i say Jordan i mean Jordan not the 90s bulls team, although the scottie statue will help)

i used ticketsnow for both games, other than the moment when you are at the ticket desk thinking "please, please, please, don't let this be a dodgy site" it was probably easier then going to the footy here

Would highly recommend

Knicks - i sat behind but to the right of the ring 3rd level up tickets were $100, wasn't the most amazing view but it was the bucks so didn't really care

Bulls - sat row 10 halfcourt , cost plenty(Bulls v Heat), and it was the most amazing thing ive ever done

my bro went and watched lakers v the grizz sat row 11 halfcourt for $240

I went to 2 NBA, 1 NHL and 1 MLB game a few months ago. Just used the teams websites to get tickets (re-directs you to whatever ticket agent they use), and the game that was sold out (Spurs @ Lakers) I used StubHub.

Celtics @ Hawks i sat about 4 rows behind all the computer shit they have set up, behind and to the left of the ring. It was a good time, but I don't think I'll be going for that view again. Shaq was out for a while around that time. Never got to see him play live:(

At the Lakers game I was about 2 rows from the very back, at about half court. Was awesome. Had a great view of everything.

Hockey was the best though. Was 3 or 4 rows from the glass and it was ****ing epic. Even if you don't like hockey (not my favourite sport but I do like it) I suggest going to a game live if you get the chance.

btw, get a collecter drink cup. all the arenas I went to had one. cool thing to have and they usually come with either free or $1 refills. i think I drank more soft drink in the 2.5 weeks i was in the US than I have in the 3 months I've been back.

I was in the USA in January and February of this year and a mate and I saw the following NBA games:

Clippers v Wolves
Clippers v Warriors
Suns v Celtics
Magic v Heat (Bron dropped 51)
Heat v Pacers
Celtics v Lakers (the Ray Allen game)
Knicks v Lakers
Nets v Spurs (2nd row courtside)

We used stubhub to buy all these tickets. Were able to pick them up reasonably cheap and had no hassles with them. So I would recommend using Stubhub for sure. However if you are going to a Clippers or Nets game or a similar team, you can probably get your tickets at the arena before the game.

We also went to one NHL game:

Bruins v Canadeins

We were the very back row, but damn NHL has some good atmosphere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went to 2 NBA, 1 NHL and 1 MLB game a few months ago. Just used the teams websites to get tickets (re-directs you to whatever ticket agent they use), and the game that was sold out (Spurs @ Lakers) I used StubHub.

Celtics @ Hawks i sat about 4 rows behind all the computer shit they have set up, behind and to the left of the ring. It was a good time, but I don't think I'll be going for that view again. Shaq was out for a while around that time. Never got to see him play live:(

At the Lakers game I was about 2 rows from the very back, at about half court. Was awesome. Had a great view of everything.

Hockey was the best though. Was 3 or 4 rows from the glass and it was ****ing epic. Even if you don't like hockey (not my favourite sport but I do like it) I suggest going to a game live if you get the chance.

btw, get a collecter drink cup. all the arenas I went to had one. cool thing to have and they usually come with either free or $1 refills. i think I drank more soft drink in the 2.5 weeks i was in the US than I have in the 3 months I've been back.

How much were the Glass tickets at the NHL? Although i've gotta keep in mind that i'll be watching from the Garden in NYC.

Gridlock'd, how were the nights lebron hit 50 and Allen broke the record? watched both of them and both crowds looked electric

I'll be so, so pissed off if I decide to go in March/April and the NBA season is cancelled. Suppose it's best I work around NHL and MLB sched's until the NBA sort their shit out.

Gridlock'd, how were the nights lebron hit 50 and Allen broke the record? watched both of them and both crowds looked electric

Both games certainly had a bit of feel about them, but I dont think I have ever seen a bigger crowd reaction than when Ray broke the record. The celebrations went on for quite a while.

It was also quite funny to see the crowd get on their feet every time Ray took a 3, only for the dissapointment when he bricked it. Only happened once or twice though.

I was in the USA in January and February of this year and a mate and I saw the following NBA games:

Clippers v Wolves
Clippers v Warriors
Suns v Celtics
Heat v Pacers
Knicks v Lakers

We used stubhub to buy all these tickets. Were able to pick them up reasonably cheap and had no hassles with them. So I would recommend using Stubhub for sure. However if you are going to a Clippers or Nets game or a similar team, you can probably get your tickets at the arena before the game.

Bruins v Canadeins

Oh my god I'm so jealous that you went to see Ray break the record. I'll go the US in a few years and will go to a lot of the sports. For the Nets v Spurs was it pricey sitting so close to the court?

Clippers v Wolves
Clippers v Warriors
Suns v Celtics
Heat v Pacers
Knicks v Lakers

Bruins v Canadeins

I think I speak for everyone when I say "pics"

Hey guys,

Am going to be in LA and New York late Jan-early Feb and I want to go to the Grizzlies @ Clippers game at Staples Centre on Jan 25. Obviously with the lockout it may not go ahead, but was wondering what the situation is with the tickets?

I'm assuming they come out closer to the date of the game as I can only see two tickets available for $19 each on Stubhub that are up the top deck, and can't see any others.

I would like to sit pretty close to the action if possible. Wondering if any of you know when the rough dates for all tickets coming out will be, and if you think it will sell out?

Cheers.

Lakers tickets go on sale on October 1st. I'm not sure if thats universal throughout the league but keep an eye on the Clippers website. I very much doubt you'll have any trouble getting good tickets.

Not sure what your schedule is but there's also a Clippers vs. Lakers game a few days earlier.

I'll be so, so pissed off if I decide to go in March/April and the NBA season is cancelled. Suppose it's best I work around NHL and MLB sched's until the NBA sort their shit out.
Im in a simular situation

Going to america April/half of may, near the tail of the season, spending 2 weeks in california so would definatly end up going to a clippers game and possibly a NYK game, Please dont cancel on me

Got my honeymoon in states in Nov and going to be in NYC for season start
when knicks v Heat at the garden so piiiiissed about the lockout.
Was over there a couple of years ago and saw Lakers and Rockets at staples
in game 2 of semi's Kobe had 40 was best thing ever, got tickets off Stubhub
had no dramas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to an NBA game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back