Official Team Thread Gold City Royals - Season 19 Best 'n' Fairest Last Night (Why Marlowe, Why?)

Remove this Banner Ad

We've never beaten our next opponent. It'll be great to shove it up okeydoke7 and look on as Juggalo Balla fires up the other end.

They lost this week as well, a good time to break the kennett/okey curse :)

Edit : They actually won, oh well we are as good a chance as any to win.

We'll beat the Hawks next week.
I tend to agree, but we need to employ some psychology. I suggest that each of us refers to out opponents as the Eastside Hawks, because for some strange reason that seems to rile them. Once we have destroyed them psychologically the rest should be like taking a tofu burger with kale and from Son of God

I really think we need to change the title of this thread to Gold City Royals - Season 19 (Now With Extra 3KZ!). Accentuate the positives and bring us some good Karma.

This is an updated version of the Gold City Royals career statistics table with the highest Royals career disposals numbers used to form the basis of the order.

Congratulations must go to Igloo who hit 3,500 career dream team points as a Royal.

2nltz04.jpg

45 players have represented the Royals in their brief history and soon you'll all be presented with a number to represent the order in which you appeared as a Royal as a memento of our history.

45 players have represented the Royals in their brief history and soon you'll all be presented with a number to represent the order in which you appeared as a Royal as a memento of our history.

Good to see your adopting another great Roy tradition.

Also congrats Igloo!!

This is an updated version of the Gold City Royals career statistics table with the highest Royals career disposals numbers used to form the basis of the order.

Congratulations must go to Igloo who hit 3,500 career dream team points as a Royal.

2nltz04.jpg

Great work on the stats!

Does that fact that I have the highest Dream Team average make me the greatest player in the club's history?

Great work on the stats!

Does that fact that I have the highest Dream Team average make me the greatest player in the club's history?
I'm ashamed you have to ask personally.

Great work on the stats!

Do I need to answer that now or should I wait until after round 2 after you've played from the bench? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are they suggesting that beating them will be a piece of cake?
If it was that easy we'd have beaten them at least once. That will change with a vastly different side.

Round 1 Review by sverik25

The build up to the Royals first match of the season was enormous in Gold City. The weight of finals expectation lay upon the Royals’ players’ shoulders, and adding to the tension was the ex-Roys “turncoat” 3KZ is Football who was playing his first game against his old club. Notorious antagonist Son of God engaged in a battle royale with the laid-back fitzroybulldog, attempting to get him to post more meaningfully, rather than simply posting “spam”, and star Royals recruit Juggalo Balla captured the teams’ attention with his amazing (if somewhat fantastical) story of his arrival in Gold City. Come Sunday evening, both teams were fired up and ready for their first game of Season 20.

It was the Roys who got off to a flyer in the first quarter, but a couple of crucial goals orchestrated by Marlowe and Easty cut the margin to seven points. Blacky put the Royals right back into the contest in the second quarter; needing just 25 seconds to hit the scoreboard. After a seesawing quarter, the Roys held a two point lead at half time. Unfortunately, it was all downhill from there for the Royals, who were down by 30 points at three quarter time in an all too familiar third quarter fadeout. Despite an early goal from timtamWB in the fourth, the Royals were never really a chance as the Roys ran out 38 point winners. The curse of Round 1 continued for Gold City.

Royals’ Best: Son of God, timtamWB, Easty, 3KZ is Football, bgt2110

Royals Worst: sverik25 – new record low of 0 EXIE points in 76% game time. Hang your head in shame.

Next week: Gold City Royals vs East Side Hawks (team of traitor okeydoke7) at The Golden Throne. Be there or... or... be a cupcake.

You know the "system" is trolling you personally when it can't find you at least 1 handball during the game......you will bounce back this week sverik, i can see a BOG performace coming up for you :thumbsu:

Just got internet back after 10 days in the middle of the pacific. I'll probably help turn our fortunes around.

I did promise it like 2 seasons ago - time to make good on that.

Round 1 Review by sverik25

The build up to the Royals first match of the season was enormous in Gold City. The weight of finals expectation lay upon the Royals’ players’ shoulders, and adding to the tension was the ex-Roys “turncoat” 3KZ is Football who was playing his first game against his old club. Notorious antagonist Son of God engaged in a battle royale with the laid-back fitzroybulldog, attempting to get him to post more meaningfully, rather than simply posting “spam”, and star Royals recruit Juggalo Balla captured the teams’ attention with his amazing (if somewhat fantastical) story of his arrival in Gold City. Come Sunday evening, both teams were fired up and ready for their first game of Season 20.

It was the Roys who got off to a flyer in the first quarter, but a couple of crucial goals orchestrated by Marlowe and Easty cut the margin to seven points. Blacky put the Royals right back into the contest in the second quarter; needing just 25 seconds to hit the scoreboard. After a seesawing quarter, the Roys held a two point lead at half time. Unfortunately, it was all downhill from there for the Royals, who were down by 30 points at three quarter time in an all too familiar third quarter fadeout. Despite an early goal from timtamWB in the fourth, the Royals were never really a chance as the Roys ran out 38 point winners. The curse of Round 1 continued for Gold City.

Royals’ Best: Son of God, timtamWB, Easty, 3KZ is Football, bgt2110

Royals Worst: sverik25 – new record low of 0 EXIE points in 76% game time. Hang your head in shame.

Next week: Gold City Royals vs East Side Hawks (team of traitor okeydoke7) at The Golden Throne. Be there or... or... be a cupcake.

Top post sverik!

This will clear up the rest of the games after I just search for my name in the sim :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread Gold City Royals - Season 19 Best 'n' Fairest Last Night (Why Marlowe, Why?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back