2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Caught the second half, Davies looked strong and clean inside. Tsitas plays the AFL Flanders role, Jeffrey not bad. Faulkhead 2 nice goals

Shame the audio is 1 second ahead. Basically hearing the action as it happens

So we have a date with either Box Hill or Footscray in two weeks time at Heritage Bank Stadium
If we face the Hawks they would've played two games in two weeks and the Dogs would've played three games in three weeks. On the flip side, we would've played one game in three weeks.

We beat Footscray by 65 points in May with a 64 point win over Box Hill a few weeks later.

Jake Stein has injured his knee. Not sure if they suspect ACL as they taped it up and had him do a few test runs, but prior to the strapping he was angry, punched the massage table a couple of times and ended the night in full brace and crutches.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good effort from boys. Some nice quick ball movement at times.

Graham was good and controlled the air in defence. Hopefully, Jeffrey stays healthy next year. He is class. Farrar and Johnston took the game on.

Moyle was pretty impressive against Fort, 48 hitouts, 7 clearances, just needs to convert.

Blakely did very good job inside.

Ace executed tackle of the year.

Nice candy, Faulkhead.

Sharp is a seagull and so is Hollands. Lyons bursting away from Hollands in the middle was a sad look. Hopefully, they will both re-start their careers.

Chol competed. I enjoyed watching angry version. He's bloody good when the ball hits the ground. Let's keep him, Dimma. :)

Last edited:
Dimma is here shaking fans hands 👍
It's probably fair to assume he'll be doing this during our home prelim as well. So I guess if anyone wants to have a chat to Dimma then get along to the game in a fortnight from now. You'll also probably witness our club qualify for our first ever Grand Final (at any level) just in case you needed more incentive. By that stage we're likely to know a lot more about the off season moves Dimma is planning.

Watching last night I think uwland could go ahead of lemmens as that hard edged defender. Can lock down but also has a great intercept mark just not sure if quite quick enough for the picketts and camerons of the comp. Looking forward to Jeffery having a pre-season training as a half back, we always say we need 2x Powell.

Watching last night I think uwland could go ahead of lemmens as that hard edged defender. Can lock down but also has a great intercept mark just not sure if quite quick enough for the picketts and camerons of the comp. Looking forward to Jeffery having a pre-season training as a half back, we always say we need 2x Powell.
He's going to be a very good player.
Two Blonde haired local brothers coming off HB is going to be great to watch.

3 quarter time in the Semi Final to decide who will be playing us at the bank next Saturday.

Box Hill 58 leading Footscray 48

Last edited:
3 quarter time in the Semi Final to decide who will be playing us at the bank next Sunday.

Box Hill 58 leading Footscray 48
Looks like Box Hill have it in the bag now up 19 points late in the fourth quarter. I like our chances against the Hawks in the prelim next week considering it's at Carrara and we gave them a belting earlier in the season. We probably won't get a better chance to make a grand final for a while!

Also worth noting that Brisbane have started well against Williamstown in the other semi final. A Lions win keeps our chances of a Queensland grand final alive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Confirmed we will be playing Box Hill next Saturday at Heritage Bank Stadium in our second ever Preliminary Final for a chance to get through to our maiden club Grand Final! A big opportunity here for us and something that we cannot let slip! Match details will be confirmed Saturday.

We played Box Hill back in Round 14 at Heritage Bank where we won by 64 points (149 def 85). In that match, Box Hill got the lead in the first quarter and was a tight first half before we stormed away in the second half to win by 10 goals. We also happened to play Box Hill for the second time in a final after our Elimination Final victory last season. This is Box Hill's sixth Prelim in nine seasons whilst it is our second consecutive Prelim.

BRING IT ON!

Around the grounds, Brisbane is up by 26 points against Williamstown late into the second quarter. If Brisbane win, it will keep the chance of a Queensland based final at Brighton Homes Arena (although for me it will be a nightmare trying to book flights and accomodation for mid VIC school holidays to Queensland with only a week's notice!)

Will be afternoon. Channel Seven just said it’s a double header from 12pm leading into the AFL Mens Semi Final
View attachment 1798039
Helps us even more. Should be fairly warm in the mid-to-high 20s and you'd think that should throw the Box Hill players off. I'm still of the opinion that we should have beaten the Sharks in the VFL prelim last year and as fate would have it we find ourselves in another VFL prelim on the Gold Coast 12 months later with the opportunity to atone for last season. Hopefully the boys understand the importance of winning a prelim this time around.

Won't get up for the PF. Been looking at different combinations to travel to Qld but cannot afford the flights. I don't have enough time after work to get to Queensland before the game as I finish at 6pm Friday. Bugger but I will be watching from home!

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back