2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Best defensive efforts I’ve seen from Atkins in years

Moyle was awesome against 2 rucks

Davies/Fiorini/Tsitas made up for some of the small bodies around the outside

Very unlike Suns vfl game given the weather. Take the win and onto Williamstown

GCFC def FDFC 12.8.80 to 6.11.47 by 33 points

Disposals: Atkins (30), Davies (23). Tsitas (21), Moyle (21), Fiorini (19), Faulkhead (18)
Goals: Casboult (2.1), Gulbin (2.1), Moyle (2.0), Read (2.0), Rowlands (2.0), Walter (1.1), Tsitas (1.0)
Hitouts: Moyle (70) & Read (2) vs Frankston (32 combined)

That's not a typo, SEVENTY hit outs for Moyle

Last edited:

GCFC def SSFC 12.8.80 to 6.11.47 by 33 points

Disposals: Atkins (30), Davies (23). Tsitas (21), Moyle (21), Fiorini (19), Faulkhead (18)
Goals: Casboult (2.1), Gulbin (2.1), Moyle (2.0), Read (2.0), Rowlands (2.0), Walter (1.1), Tsitas (1.0)
Hitouts: Moyle (70) & Read (2) vs Southport (32 combined)

That's not a typo, SEVENTY hit outs for Moyle

It was Frankston Dolphins not Southport Sharks

How did Davies go?
I see a 50 yo Pendlebury still in the first 5 picked and hope

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
From watching, his stats certainly line up from what I saw. 20 contested, 10 clearances, 36% DE. Obviously wet weather game. Would’ve liked to see his metres gained if we could get them for VFL. Loves just getting it forward

It was a sloppy game, dry weather we win by 70. The wet weather made it a contested game and in the VFL we are like the 12th best contested team.

Hard to judge the game looking at the stats but Moyle was superb. Read is looking more damaging then Walter as well

Yeah
I was worried Jed’s stock in trade when he was drafted was man child beating up on skinny 16 yo’s
Let’s hope he becomes the gun we want him to be at AFL level

I finally had a chance to watch the game.

Terrible weather affected the game. Driving rain in the first half.

From AFL point of view Moyle and Davies would be my candidates. Moyle dominated, scored 2 goals. Happy to have Witts rested and Moyle challenge Xerri. Davies was the best midfielder.

From our academy draftees nobody screamed pick me up. Walter still pressures, goes ballistic but not much else. He had a great goal where he used his speed. Read had a couple of goals showing off his skills but was dominated in the ruck. Long way to go to become a good ruck.

Rogers had some moments and so Lombard.

Johnston almost invisible. He probably hated the weather.

Usual suspects of VFL quality played well - Atkins, Fiorini, Tsitas. Farrar played in defence.

Gulbin scored 2 fantastic long-rage goals.

Casboult toiled hard.

Yeah
I was worried Jed’s stock in trade when he was drafted was man child beating up on skinny 16 yo’s
Let’s hope he becomes the gun we want him to be at AFL level

Was my concern all along, got laughed at for even bringing it up. Has really struggled against men, struggles a little bit with footy IQ so when he can't just outwrestle or out jump his opponent he doesn't provide any impact. With some good coaching he will be a monster but he is a long way off the level right now.

I finally had a chance to watch the game.

Terrible weather affected the game. Driving rain in the first half.

From AFL point of view Moyle and Davies would be my candidates. Moyle dominated, scored 2 goals. Happy to have Witts rested and Moyle challenge Xerri. Davies was the best midfielder.

From our academy draftees nobody screamed pick me up. Walter still pressures, goes ballistic but not much else. He had a great goal where he used his speed. Read had a couple of goals showing off his skills but was dominated in the ruck. Long way to go to become a good ruck.

Rogers had some moments and so Lombard.

Johnston almost invisible. He probably hated the weather.

Usual suspects of VFL quality played well - Atkins, Fiorini, Tsitas. Farrar played in defence.

Gulbin scored 2 fantastic long-rage goals.

Casboult toiled hard.
Love your work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard that Michael “Fish” Whiting will be commentating today for the first time. Hopefully he gives some nice insight, we’ll see. I’ll try tune in when I can.

No academy boys though.

I heard that Michael “Fish” Whiting will be commentating today for the first time. Hopefully he gives some nice insight, we’ll see. I’ll try tune in when I can.

No academy boys though.
Hopefully not screaming like those previous guys. It drives me insane listening to them.

Awful quarter. Turned into Melbourne/Port afl. Having shots from 40-50m out from tight angles or snaps around the corner. 16 inside 50s for 2.8 and about 3 dropping short

McLaughlin: 2 disposals for 2 goals. Just like old times, but not for us.

But yeah, we are wasteful. 2.11 is unreal… Tidy up and we could have iced this game.

Fish’s commentary is alright for a first timer.

Hopefully Read is ok.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back