2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

He isn't a key forward. He is a tall flanker. Doesn't play like a key forward in the slightest.
Can't find a single source online that refers to him as a flanker/tall flanker. Many sources referring to him as a key forward/ruck. Call him what you want, but I'm pretty sure Nancarrow and Farrar will be playing as our key forwards tomorrow.

Can't find a single source online that refers to him as a flanker/tall flanker. Many sources referring to him as a key forward/ruck. Call him what you want, but I'm pretty sure Nancarrow and Farrar will be playing as our key forwards tomorrow.
Watch him play, you will see what I mean. Just because he is tall doesn't make him a key forward. Soft as butter through the air.

Great goal by academy product Dylan Patterson, what's his story? Was a classy goal
Pior to Zeke the Freak's emergence a few weeks ago, Patterson was viewed as the Suns academy prospect in thed '25 draft class with the highest ceiling. Lightning quick and can reportedly play both wing and as a small forward well, but apparently there's a question mark over his work ethic. Certainly has the x factor and can do the freakish stuff. No doubt about that. Reports were that he absolutely lit up the U16 Championships last year when playing on the wing and was named in the AA team for his efforts.

Pior to Zeke the Freak's emergence a few weeks ago, Patterson was viewed as the Suns academy prospect in thed '25 draft class with the highest ceiling. Lightning quick and can reportedly play both wing and as a small forward well, but apparently there's a question mark over his work ethic. Certainly has the x factor and can do the freakish stuff. No doubt about that. Reports were that he absolutely lit up the U16 Championships last year when playing on the wing and was named in the AA team for his efforts.
Love that, hopefully he can be inspired by his fellow academy members to put the work in and get drafted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RFC def GCFC 15.6.96 to 11.4.70 by 26 points

Disposals: Fiorini (32), Berry (31), Atkins (30), Mahony (27), Tsitas (25)
Goals: Gulbin (3.1), Rowlands (2.0), Patterson (1.1), Mahony (1.0), Lemmens (1.0), Brock (1.0), Berry (1.0), Atkins (1.0)
Hitouts: B. Moyle (6), Nancarrow (3), Oea (1) vs Richmond (72 Total)

Surprised we hung in for as long as we did, being totally dominated in the ruck and with no tall targets in the forward line.
Conditions didn’t help either. Looked like our boys left the screw in studs back home on the GC..

What did you think of Nancarrows game?
I didn't get to see much but from what I saw Nancarrow spent some time in the ruck and would then rest forward when B.Moyle was rucking. Seemed like Farrar was playing as the deep key forward for most of the game. Have to admit I was surprised to see Nancarrow rucking, but I guess the coaching staff backed his vertical leap to make up for his lack of height.

Just noticed looking back at the updated stats since the champion data review

94 tackles
Won inside 50s by 18
Nearly won clearances despite being smashed in the ruck

Even one key forward and we probably win the game

Great effort across the board really. 9 players who haven’t even been draft eligible yet

Rowlands out for 3 weeks suspended due to being too tough and hitting the opponents body with a bump too hard. Sam Edmund has the clip. Surely the club is appealing this further?

Great to see Zeke named again. Is there a limit to the amount of VFL games Zeke can play this year or can he just keep playing until our season ends? I believe this is his 3rd VFL game so far.

Great to see Zeke named again. Is there a limit to the amount of VFL games Zeke can play this year or can he just keep playing until our season ends? I believe this is his 3rd VFL game so far.
Not sure if you guys have different rules for the 23rd man apart from the fact you can play 16 years old, the rest of us cant, but for the clubs over east the allowed time for a 23rd man is no more than 4 games. Unless you get permission.

"A minimum of seven under-22 players, including a 23rd man who must be an active 18-19yo player from the club’s development list, an aligned NAB League club or Northern Academy. Under-18 players must be approved by the AFL and a player cannot be named 23rd man more than four times in a season without approval."

Not sure if you guys have different rules for the 23rd man apart from the fact you can play 16 years old, the rest of us cant, but for the clubs over east the allowed time for a 23rd man is no more than 4 games. Unless you get permission.

"A minimum of seven under-22 players, including a 23rd man who must be an active 18-19yo player from the club’s development list, an aligned NAB League club or Northern Academy. Under-18 players must be approved by the AFL and a player cannot be named 23rd man more than four times in a season without approval."
They can play him for a fifth time but just not as the 23rd player. There is no cap for games played in that sense.

James Frawley call up for Jy Farrar

So the half a key forward this week is now 0

Just Nancarrow and Gulbin

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back