2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, that was mark.

BTW, these commentators, what to say. Awfully biased.
We were awfully bias to the Suns.. I say that as a Suns/Bombers fan and know the VFL list inside out more than any supporter.

Statistically Gold Coast should have won the game on all fronts before it started and we said time and time again during the call that the Suns can kick 4 or 5 quickly (as they did I the 1st term) to end the game immediately at any time of their chosing.

We had an active audience back in Victoria that needed to be catered for.

As for my special comments.. no one has done more for Queensland football without being in the AFL system than Clint Watts .. do your research, look him up and admire what he's done..

When he gets impressed by something that's happening, you know it's a big deal.

I get the impression from the fan base that I share a team with that even when the opposition are mounting an incredible come back that we should not get excited.. but when the Suns are playing well, we should be over the moon.. we were over the moon for both.

Yesterday was the biggest football story of the year.. nothing comes close and personally it was refreshing after calling 4 quarters of unappealing bruise-free footy in the 40 goal game against Casey which didn't reach any interesting heights.

We were awfully bias to the Suns.. I say that as a Suns/Bombers fan and know the VFL list inside out more than any supporter.

Statistically Gold Coast should have won the game on all fronts before it started and we said time and time again during the call that the Suns can kick 4 or 5 quickly (as they did I the 1st term) to end the game immediately at any time of their chosing.

As for my special comments.. no one has done more for Queensland football without being in the AFL system than Clint Watts .. do your research, look him up and admire what he's done..

I get the impression from the fan base that I share a team with that even when the opposition are mounting an incredible come back that we should not get excited.. but when the Suns are playing well, we should be over the moon.. we were over the moon for both.

Yesterday was the biggest football story of the year.. nothing comes close and personally it was refreshing after calling 4 quarters of unappealing bruise-free footy in the 40 goal game against Casey which didn't reach any interesting heights.
Oh dear. Good to see you stay humble an modest.

Let's see how many Suns fans think that you sided with Suns. You should re-watch to listen yourself. 70-80% broadcast was just how good Frankston is. For sure you highlighted academy kids and some good plays by Suns but mostly total bias towards Frankston. You probably don't realise it. That's OK. This is not just this game. To be honest, Whiting in his one game did a better job.

BTW, I did not watch last quarter as AFL game overlapped. I can imagine your excitement 😂 I may re-watch it for fun.

Last edited:
Oh dear. You should re-watch to listen yourself. 70-80% broadcast was just how good Frankston is. For sure you highlighted academy kids and some good plays by Suns but mostly total bias towards Frankston. You probably don't realise it. That's OK. This is not just this game. To be honest, Whiting in his one game did a better job.

BTW, I did not watch last quarter as AFL game overlapped. I can imagine your excitement 😂 I may re-watch it for fun.
Oh dear.. you only listen to what you want to hear and it's selective, very selective. 🤦
I actually rewatched the game this morning and we were 70 to 30 in favour of the Gold Coast.. pumping up Ben Moyle in the ruck/forward.. Sam Day and my favourite AFL player Jed Walter (commentatorsget blasted for declaring their favourite player).Ace running loose on the wing.. Brock playing the ultimate loose defender in the backline.. pumping up Zeke, and Jai.. but the two players I pumped up the most for the entire game out of all 46 players was Leo and NBS.. as a Gold Coast supporter and part time Essendon supporter (3rd gen) I've paid more attention and pumped up the tyres of these guys more than any supporter.

But I get it, supporters just want to hear when their team is doing well and getting free kicks, arguing when the narrative the other way.. commentary or umpires. Supporters are 100% bias and never accept responsibility for their team losing.

The game was over 4 minutes into the final term until the Suns decided it wasn't.

Obviously when a team is trailing, we need to discuss what they need to do to get back in the game. We discussed the importance of how the Academy kids had to win the game for us and it should not have come. The Suns haven't trailed much at home this year, so you're not used to what that is like.

Lots of dialogue about Ned's late exit from the team being a big factor.. with respect to those who hold that view.. the Suns still win the game by 12 goals. The rucks had minimal impact on the game other than when Ben, not in the ruck.. pushed forward.

Frankston's best players were Murphy for 2 quarters and Grey for 3 when he switched into the midfield.. 21 players had minimal impact for the team while Atkins, BF, JJ and Ace were impressive.. I thought Darcy Mac played his best game for the season..

All of the above filtered through the call heavily.

As a side note, Frankston's pressure was amazing all game, Suns scored heavily from half back and tried to play bruise free footy and should have won by plenty. Frankston didn't win the game, Gold Coast lost it especially with 0.6 in the third ..

Last edited:

I thought special comments guy was alright but the lions/bombers commentator was cheering home Frankston
Best vfl commentator is the pommy guy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back