Club Focus Gold Coast Suns 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

I am actually wondering who will play 2nd wing opposite Clohesy. Could Powell move there or Weller who I forgot as a defender (I don't like him there).

If the Suns pick up Dusty, it says a lot about Hardwick's belief in Bailey Humphrey who he called would play the Dusty role.
does even get a game now if Dusty is in the team?

I think it would show maturity if the Suns said no to Dusty.

Players have a history of going up to the Suns to top up there super in their retirement years.

Players have a history of going up to the Suns to top up there super in their retirement years.
Not of his calibre though, for a star of the game to want to play for the Suns even if it’s for 2 years is well worth the risk. Dimma may very well be able to get a couple of years of the old Dusty out of him and that could be the turning point for the club

Not of his calibre though, for a star of the game to want to play for the Suns even if it’s for 2 years is well worth the risk. Dimma may very well be able to get a couple of years of the old Dusty out of him and that could be the turning point for the club
he hasn't been the same since his serious kidney injury in a clash against Mitch Robinson + since his father died it's all combination.

he hasn't been the same since his serious kidney injury in a clash against Mitch Robinson + since his father died it's all combination.
I’m sure there is an element of that, a fresh start in a place he has always wanted to live plus his much beloved coach, plus a team about to rise may be the magic formula for the resurrection of his previous form, who knows

Players come good again from being “cooked” all the time. I’m willing to take a risk on Dusty for a fair price

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Going from reported 1.4M to 300K is probably OK. I am sure some Suns kids supporters would buy his guernsey and more fans would go to games.

Personally, I would not do it but I don't really care. He did look unmotivated, cooked.

Discussions around are entertaining.

Going from reported 1.4M to 300K is probably OK. I am sure some Suns kids supporters would buy his guernsey and more fans would go to games.

Personally, I would not do it but I don't really care. Discussions around are entertaining.
He won't be on 300k lmao no player is in less they are a rookie. he will still command 600-700k no doubt in my mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's wrong, trust me Dusty would not get out of bed for 300k.
As I said, I don't really care. It will be entertaining. Who knows, AFL may even give him some ambassador money despite not talking, haha.

BTW, Andrew became multicultural ambassador.

Last edited:

Personally, I would not do it but I don't really care. He did look unmotivated, cooked.

Discussions around are entertaining.
Dont believe the $300k hype mate thats just rubbish

Dusty is worth over $30 mil and still earning money from properties and other stuff
He wont be playing for $300k. Maybe $300k base and $20k per game
Dusty will earn $500k min

It's wrong, trust me Dusty would not get out of bed for 300k.
I don’t think anyone knows what Coasty Martin might do or what he will play for, he certainly doesn’t need the cash, just saying it’s wrong doesn’t make it so

It's come out like I said it was in other threads. Dimma has gone at the players he thinks don't have great work ethic, and he singled out Luko and Rosas as two of them, and has told both to look elsewhere.
He does not want to pay Luko just under a million a year for the next two years.
Luko didn't want to leave and so he hasn't said anything as he is still working through if he wants to stay or not. The boys a bit heart broken they say.

Dimma is all about work ethic, and that's something the club has struggled with over a number of years.
Dew went in and did the same thing. Called out alot of the players as lazy and he was going to demand greater levels of hard work. He turned alot of players against him, as when you are fat, eating Pies and calling out the players for being lazy, it didn't fly well. He spent alot of the next few years mending fences.

Dimma has the ability to get away with doing the same thing. He is a premiership coach, and has 100% backing of the board to do whatever he sees fit.

Changing the culture is what he wants, and bringing in Rioli and Dusty goes some way to getting the Richmond premiership culture into the club, as well as two loyal soldiers in the group who will tell him what's going on inside the players.

He turned a lot of players against him,
I say BS. Yes, there were some players who were not or were borderline best 22 - Flanders, Fiorini, Hollands, Sharp. Every club has players like that. Definitely not 'a lot'.

Leaders like Witts, Collins, Miller, Luko, Anderson, Rowell, Powell, King, the list goes on were very supportive of Dew.

The main issue with Dew was that he was not able to take the team to another level and play finals. He was rightly let go. He should be gone probably 1-2 years earlier. Most coaches don't survive re-build. BTW, Nicks could be another one.

If you talk about Suns struggling with work ethic, again, I say BS. Even Dimma in his own words was amazed how hard players work and what a great shape they turned out for pre-season in.

IMO, it's all mental combined with mostly very young line-ups and learning a new system. Not knowing how to win, struggling in key moments, how to stop opposition momentum. Suns are horrible in taking opportunities, conversion and inside 50 deliveries.

Let's see how Dimma goes in his 2nd year. In 2024, he played talented kids with an eye on future while implementing his plan and sorting out players who fits into his plan. No guarantees.

IMO, Suns culture is not an issue. Retention of players despite not playing finals shows Suns environment is fine. Bloody hell, even Luko is still hanging on the door and refusing to go despite not fitting into Dimma's plans.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Gold Coast Suns 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back