Preview Gold Coast Suns v Adelaide Crows, Saturday 16th of March, People First Stadium, Gold Coast, 7.40pm Adelaide time.

Who will be the sub?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You’re either fit to play or you’re not, we got cute with lynch hoping we didn’t need him and we did.
Imagine someone goes down q1 and we’re playing a half fit soligo.
If Soligo isn't fit I'd be tempted with a Dowling or Taylor even Bond debut, I know we said you shouldn't debut as Sub, but maybe just a taste for one of those lads who worked hard in the offseason.

Cook also has class but not sure if he's really put in the maximum amount of effort this offseason

If someone told me in December we’d start the season without TT and Tex, Soligo as the sub, sholl starting and Curtin nowhere to be seen, I’d say that’s bordering on a nightmare scenario. I wouldn’t believe it.

Yet here we are.

Without being a complete pessimist, this year might not be the natural progression we’d hoped for. More based on early tough draw.

If someone told me in December we’d start the season without TT and Tex, Soligo as the sub, sholl starting and Curtin nowhere to be seen, I’d say that’s bordering on a nightmare scenario. I wouldn’t believe it.

Yet here we are.

Without being a complete pessimist, this year might not be the natural progression we’d hoped for. More based on early tough draw.
Scared Ron Burgundy GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Ch7 showed the boys training on wet turf with wet Sherrins ( :thumbsu: :thumbsu: ) and Adelaide's humidity this week will make the GC night-humidity less of a shock.
Not risking Walker is smart.
Nobody has mentioned Keays to tag Rowell, but I'd like to see it from the first bounce before Rowell can get a strong start.

I'd love the Crows to win, any win, then come back full of confidence to clobber the Cats at home.

Ch7 showed the boys training on wet turf with wet Sherrins ( :thumbsu: :thumbsu: ) and Adelaide's humidity this week will make the GC night-humidity less of a shock.
Not risking Walker is smart.
Nobody has mentioned Keays to tag Rowell, but I'd like to see it from the first bounce before Rowell can get a strong start.

I'd love the Crows to win, any win, then come back full of confidence to clobber the Cats at home.
No tagging

Need to win the battle or at least neutralise

Need to be concentrating on our midfield structure and not change it to tag

Wonder if they feel need some quality fresh legs in second half around the ball and are tempted to play Soligo in that role as a one off in humidity

Would mean Jones and Sholl wings , mmm not ideal

If Soligo is the sub, it would be a match fitness issue rather than lingering issues with the ankle.

It makes sense to me with the 6 day break to Geelong and the heat and humidity up on the GC.

I'd rather he play as sub and come on early in the 3rd than play a SANFL trial game.
What happens when we get an injury early in the first 1/4

Surely he’s either fit or he’s not.

Disagree.

I think he is healthy, it's his fitness that is the issue. Nicks doesn't think he can go a full game in the humidity, but is important enough to play well for a couple of quarters.

What happens when we get an injury early in the first 1/4

Then others carry more of a load and you manage Soligo's time on ground.

Soligo at 50% is better than having a fit Ned as the sub.

Soligo has been training since November? Apparently flying prior to his ankle. He would have been doing some fitness work even whilst injured. He’s had a few weeks back training, he would have a fitness base to play out a game.

If you’ve got concerns you play him and then sub him if he doesn’t last.

He’s too good to make the sub. But let’s assume he plays as sub, he’s going to go another week without a game, so what does that mean? He’s sub again against Geelong?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree.

I think he is healthy, it's his fitness that is the issue. Nicks doesn't think he can go a full game in the humidity, but is important enough to play well for a couple of quarters.

Then others carry more of a load and you manage Soligo's time on ground.

Soligo at 50% is better than having a fit Ned as the sub.
Can’t see him losing that much condition in a few weeks.
Had been training the house down all summer from reports.
Having others carry more load in a warm humid game doesn’t seem like the smartest strategy.

I wonder if it's the spinoff influencing our thinking with Soligo?

If we make him sub (remember that 3 week ankle during the 5 months of preseason?) that means we'll be able to retain <insert coaches' favourite role player> in the 22

I wonder if it's the spinoff influencing our thinking with Soligo?

If we make him sub (remember that 3 week ankle during the 5 months of preseason?) that means we'll be able to retain <insert coaches' favourite role player> in the 22
Or we played him as sub vs west coast and he did well, makes him a good sub player.

Or we played him as sub vs west coast and he did well, makes him a good sub player.
Yep, good thinking Crows

Nick Daicos would be good as sub too I reckon. Hopefully Collingwood don't work that masterstroke out

Tex said this morning on MMM that he was very close to playing this week, but they decided to take the cautious approach so he could play rest of the season. Basically, didn't want to risk making it worse and miss multiple weeks.

It also sounds as though Borlase has got the nod over Keane (maybe Casboult matchup?).

Soligo playing
Berry playing
Only name that hasn't come up is Sholl, so maybe he is the sub?

Rain forecast for Saturday night too
Rain might actually suit us with the KPP shortage up front and down back.

If we can name a shorter, harder running line-up I think the conditions would actually be in our favour.

Something like;

Rankine Fog Murphy
Rachele Keays Pedlar
Soligo Crouch Jones
Hinge Borlace Milera
Max Butts Worrell
ROB Dawson Laird
Gollant (2nd Ruck) Smith McHenry Berry
SUB Sholl

Rain might actually suit us with the KPP shortage up front and down back.

If we can name a shorter, harder running line-up I think the conditions would actually be in our favour.

Something like;

Rankine Fog Murphy
Rachele Keays Pedlar
Soligo Crouch Jones
Hinge Borlace Milera
Max Butts Worrell
ROB Dawson Laird
Gollant (2nd Ruck) Smith McHenry Berry
SUB Sholl
We were horrible in wet weather and slippery games last year

Stifles our ball movement which is our strength ( last year at least )

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Gold Coast Suns v Adelaide Crows, Saturday 16th of March, People First Stadium, Gold Coast, 7.40pm Adelaide time.

Back