Expansion Gold Coast to announce Campbell Brown signing at 11am tomorrow

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe one day you can have someone going through your posting history in a desperate attempt to hold their own out of their weight division

Says the guy who screamed blue murder, and absolutely demanded I go through his posting history because he couldn't possibly be wrong. :D

Self-pawnage indeed.

How about at least growing a set at some stage re your views on Knights?

(I have no doubt you're in an obese weight division, btw. Especially going by all the posting you do on this site ... whew! There's no need to make us picture that, however.)

probably a good signing for gc. plays man on man and is fairly hard at it. bock plays reasonably tight but then runs off. krakouer shakes hands with his opponent at the start and end of the game, but doesn't see him in-between. that's a reasonable back line to begin with and covers the full range of ways to play in the defensive half in the modern game. bluey was always going to build his team from the back-half. add harbrow for dash and a couple of talented kids, maybe even karmichael hunt, hee-hee, giggle, giggle, sorry couldn't help it. but that is a decent start for a footy team.

as i said on the hawks board, no problems with this, past 2 seasons he has not seemed happy, one of my favorite players, and wish him the best if he does move up north.

This is not a Thompson/Hay situation in which the club has given so much to a player and had them walk out. I would say Brown has given more to the club then the club has to him. He is one of the few players who plays for love of the game (really, there isnt many left, its going the way of NFL).

When he finishes his career, i hope he comes back to the clubin some sort of role. as for the moment, there is no spot in the hawthorn side for a player liek him (as the AFL will suspend any hawk who is agressive in the slightest)

You must be the first Hawk supporter to admit that Brown was offered up for trade and believe this is the reason he is leaving.

The only other reason he would be leaving is that he will be earning a lot lot lot more money at the Gold Coast.... and is not playing for 'the love of the game' at all.

I would say its a combination of both. He saw the writing on the wall in terms of being expendable once offered for trade and made the only choice he could to secure his footballing (and financial) future when Gold Coast came knocking.

I would say its a combination of both. He saw the writing on the wall in terms of being expendable once offered for trade and made the only choice he could to secure his footballing (and financial) future when Gold Coast came knocking.

You've almost cracked the answer there. Not quite, but closer than most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is one of the few players who plays for love of the game (really, there isnt many left, its going the way of NFL).

We are still talking about a bloke who will most certainly leave the club he purportedly loves for a bigger slice of a pie.

Surely you're taking the piss with the above comment.

FWIW, I certainly dont have a problem with players looking after their financial futures but would certainly never attribute the above comment to a player that does.

So would it be fair to say that given Bock is reportedly on about $600K, and Brown today is reported to have been offered $450K, that given their similar age, Brown would have to be graded at a lower band than Bock ?

There is a third hypothetical - that sheedy has ofered even more to hang on a year

Good freinds with sheeds apparently

Would give browny one more shot with hawthorn - GC and GWS would be 3 yrs away from a flag surely.

if brown got a 3 yr deal he should take it. hawks will gradually replace their smaller guys who are slowinf down over time.

Can't honestly see him in the hawks line up in 3 yrs time

So do we expect a Gold Coat three-peat somewhere in the next decade?

Not if they're giving thug spuds like Brown over-the-top contracts.

Watched 'Old School' the other night and the Will Ferrell character reminded me of Campbell Brown - the 'heart and soul' of the group, but really he's just a dead weight you'd be much better without.

How many players are the suns allowed to have on their list?? With all this poaching the team they allready got running around in the vfl and all the draft picks in hand you would think they got a hundred spots on their list..

Goldcoast are really going after the stars of the comp :rolleyes:

hehe, yeah. Open checkbook, carte blanche blessing from Vlad and this is what they come up with. Apparently mumbling is that the other 'big fish' Andrew 'notwortha' Krakeour is reportedly going to sign with them too. :D

So the main board and bay 13 are one and the same now, are they? Anything got anything positive to say at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back