Gold Coast to Win?

Remove this Banner Ad

Roby's right. Geelong are way overpriced for this game. Get your money on Gold Coast - at a minimum it will be a close one!

In every game GC plays they are poorly underpriced. Port adelaide and Brisbane were 1.09 favourites, and yet you wouldnt have guaranteed victory for brisbane in that game. Odds are not a good indication of form in this case.

Geelong will belt them for a quarter and a half and then take the gas off the pedal and coast to the final siren.....

first, i want proof on clearances....
Gold Coast averages 43.7 clearances per match according to this source. Collingwood is marginally behind with 43.0.
and second, clearances arent the be all and end all, Essendon smashed us on the weekend and yet we won. its what you do with it.
Well of course ball use is critical, but generally, clearances, along with first possessions, contested possessions, and inside-50's are the most important statistics.

Gold Coast Vs Geelong
1Q: 0.1.1 to 15.5.95
2Q: 0.2.2 to 30.10.190
3Q: 0.3.3 to 45.15.285
4Q: 0.4.4 to 60.20.380

nahhhh we will probably back off in the last quarter :D

In all seriousness I think GC will have a real crack at us but Geelong will still win it. But trust a Hawthorn supporter to bring it up:rolleyes:

expecting a comfortable Geelong win, but Gold COast will have a crack and stick with us for a while. I think we'll end up winning by about 60 points, won't be an absolute blow-out like some are thinking.

Gold Coast averages 43.7 clearances per match according to this source. Collingwood is marginally behind with 43.0.Well of course ball use is critical, but generally, clearances, along with first possessions, contested possessions, and inside-50's are the most important statistics.

considering that only 5 top 8 teams are in the 'top 8' for clearances, it shows that stats can be misleading. Clearances =/= win, and that is what the OP was trying to argue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong will win easy from after half time. But what im curious to see is how many tools bring up the Gary Ablett threads afterwards and honestly beleive there own b---s--t about see he did make a wrong choice when the fact is he is getting paid 5 times what he would have, Lives at surfers compared to Geelong (sorry im victorian too but a Mall full of heroin and 50% of shops shut down vs what surfers has to offer......), is captain, and will eventually win 2 or 3 flags with GC.

Geelong will win easy from after half time. But what im curious to see is how many tools bring up the Gary Ablett threads afterwards and honestly beleive there own b---s--t about see he did make a wrong choice when the fact is he is getting paid 5 times what he would have, Lives at surfers compared to Geelong (sorry im victorian too but a Mall full of heroin and 50% of shops shut down vs what surfers has to offer......), is captain, and will eventually win 2 or 3 flags with GC.

I lol'd

I seriously thought you were talking about the Gold Coast...in fact Im not sure you're not!

it must be sad to be as bitter as you:eek:

I love a horror movie.

Gee I would have loved to have seen the cats of early 08 playing tonight.
It would have been a reaming.

Whatever the cats do to the suns tonight it will be bettered by 10 goals when the Pies get a crack at them.

To illustrate what might happen, here is how the Cats have performed in their first away matches against the ‘new’ post-1986 teams:

Brisbane Bears – Round 15, 1987 at Carrara – Brisbane (12th) 18.11 v Geelong (6th) 10.18 – the Bears never let Geelong have a look in – a convincing result
West Coast Eagles – Round 15, 1988 at Subiaco – West Coast (6th) 18.18 v Geelong (7th) 16.10 – the Eagles stormed home after being led at the final change
Adelaide Crows – Round 23, 1992 at Football Park – Adelaide (9th) 24.25 v Geelong (1st) 11.12 – the premiership favourite was completely swamped by a side with no chance of making the finals
Fremantle Dockers – Round 4, 1995 at the WACA – Fremantle (11th) 12.22 v Geelong (5th) 10.15 – only the Dockers’ wasteful conversion saved this one from being a shellacking
Port Adelaide – Round 3, 1997 at Football Park – Port Adelaide (15th) 18.21 v Geelong (11th) 14.6 – late consolation goals to the Cats took some gloss off the Power’s inaugural AFL victory

Summary – Based on Geelong’s background, punters should get on the Suns immediately! And back them by a healthy margin. The Cats delight in extending liberal hospitality to new arrivals – 0-5 by an average margin of 42 points.

http://footystats.freeservers.com/Kennedy/Facts11-R10.html

5-10 goal win the the cats, I can't see it being a reaming. Already resting key players and can see them taking the foot off the pedal once the game is sewn up, most likely at quarter time or shortly after.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast to Win?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back