Golden Rivers FL Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what i saw ...... you had a better year than average;).

Anyone know if the guy Metro from Marcorna played the full season or miss games with injury?

Hey guys check this out it tells you how many games you've played.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/comp_info.cgi?c=1-6163-0-84292-0&pool=1&round=0&a=STATS

One would have to think Scott Smith from Nully will shit the league medal in if this report is anything to go by and most other players near him have too many things going against them like Moore from Wandella will have to take votes off Will Callow and Quamby havn't won enough games with too many good players for someone from there to win and Dedini might suffer from not enough wins also. you get the idea...

Cheers

Grand Finalist: Wandella v Nullawil

Premiers: Nullawil

League Best and Fairest: Metro has been good, will his body hold up for the year?

Goal Kicking: Sean Bedggood 75

This would be an amazing feat I would ave thought considering where he is playing his football this year

Well not to bad a call in the middle of June when Bedgy hadn't played a game yet. Wins the goal kicking with 71, great effort:thumbsu:

Can anyone confirm these rumours I heard over the weekend. That Josh Dwyer has a broken hand in several spots and that Ritchie Murray has a broken foot? Dwyer would be a big loss to Murrabit if he misses the finals. Any truth??

Can anyone confirm these rumours I heard over the weekend. That Josh Dwyer has a broken hand in several spots and that Ritchie Murray has a broken foot? Dwyer would be a big loss to Murrabit if he misses the finals. Any truth??

Well I have seen them both in the last week, Ritchie Murray was in plaster and on crutches mid week but Josh Dwyer didn't have any plaster on his hand on Saturday?

Hey boys, found this on the heatchote thread.....any truth?

talked to trev mcphee yesty, who was chatting to the gunny boys when they come over to have a look on the weekend, more than happy:D. word has it very worried about the state of central central murray footy with koondrookbarham wanting to head to the golden rivers next year. i think the juniors is a big issue for this league especially looking at the pull of the bendigo juniors on the sunday and the campaspe league on the friday night. no answer here but how many of the hdfl teams could put together under 14s. i played the majority of my junior footy at the one club, in 3 different leagues. as an obervation that having juniors playing in a different league, on different day with different people running the show they might just miss the bond, or something that comes with game day at the local footy club. it just seems that it isnt a stong succession of junior players developing up to the seniors, more, and im not speaking for all teams but some teams if they do feild a team with quite a few dregs from around that didnt fit in for sunday game at bendigo. more just preaching not making a point. bottom line is if you pump a lot of effort into your juniors it should cost you a lot less to put a senior team on the park, shouldnt it. cheers

Hey boys, found this on the heatchote thread.....any truth?

koondrookbarham wanting to head to the golden rivers next year.

Have heard this on the grapevine also, I heard they would merge with Wakool and enter the GRFL. My source was not overly reliable but these rumors have to start somewhere so there may be a slight amount of truth in it.

Have heard this on the grapevine also, I heard they would merge with Wakool and enter the GRFL. My source was not overly reliable but these rumors have to start somewhere so there may be a slight amount of truth in it.

Tis a fair rumour to be sure! If it did come to fruition, they would take a fair amount of beating. Where would Big Bustling Billy play then?

Why. Putting to ordinary sides together does not guarantee that they will be a great side

Cmon Luke, put your reality hat on for a minute.

KoondrookBarham, would dominate the comp, well for the first few years anway. Lalbert would be hard to knock over in Golden Rivers. At this moment in time, KoondrookBarham have a better side than Lalbert(that was side not club). Can anyone give any valid reasoning as to why KB and Wakool are linked as a merge?
Surely just a rumour with no substance to it.

Luke, if bottom side Melbourne dropped back to the VFL, what do you think would happen?

KoondrookBarham, would dominate the comp, well for the first few years anway. Lalbert would be hard to knock over in Golden Rivers. At this moment in time, KoondrookBarham have a better side than Lalbert(that was side not club). Can anyone give any valid reasoning as to why KB and Wakool are linked as a merge?

Luke, if bottom side Melbourne dropped back to the VFL, what do you think would happen?

Even if KB and Wakool do merge, I beleive that they wont be as dominant as what people think. Being in a "lower" league it will be obviously be harder to attract players. Sponsorship will also drop leaving less money to pay players aswell. Also in relatio to lalbert.....I wouldnt see them making the finals. Wandella, Murrabit and Nully, possibly Macorna, would be to strong.....

Well not to bad a call in the middle of June when Bedgy hadn't played a game yet. Wins the goal kicking with 71, great effort:thumbsu:

How many games did bedgy play? He was at Lalbert last time a sore him. It must of only been 8 or 9? Not a bad effort from the big fella.:thumbsu: An average of 7 or more a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair points you make Vince but I don't think they would be world beaters. Nullawil, Murrabit and Wandella are all good sides and would be stiff competition for the likes of Koondrook and Lalbert. Long term merging 2 struggling clubs will not solve any problems I don't beleive but I have not been involved in any megred clubs so don't really have any knowledge. Just an opinion

How many games did bedgy play? He was at Lalbert last time a sore him. It must of only been 8 or 9? Not a bad effort from the big fella.:thumbsu: An average of 7 or more a game.

You seem to be really interested in Bedgy! All of your old posts suggest you seem to know a great deal about him, his goalkicking stats and his club movements. Discuss.

You seem to be really interested in Bedgy! All of your old posts suggest you seem to know a great deal about him, his goalkicking stats and his club movements. Discuss.

Just one of his mates.That played footy with him a while ago. Have not spoken to him since the start of the season.:thumbsu:

Why. Putting to ordinary sides together does not guarantee that they will be a great side

Nothing is guarenteed Roota but there is a chasm of difference between the two leagues. Money I think would be one issue but also the fact that if they did come in that the Raiders would have a superior list to anyone else. I know Lalbert are struggling but they would beat Moulamein at the present stage. ;)

come on nully! Lets bring it home! No excuses now, full list!

All the pressure and expectation on Nully saterday!
There were a few sprooking pre-season about their side. Anyone prepared to back the under dogs? Like the "Black Eyed Peas" said, I've got a feeling...........

All the pressure and expectation on Nully saterday!
There were a few sprooking pre-season about their side. Anyone prepared to back the under dogs? Like the "Black Eyed Peas" said, I've got a feeling...........
Sorry Cheap Seats, Macorna no chance. I've got my money on Nully for the flag but they are gunna have to do it the hard way.

Best of luck to all competing teams.

Nothing is guarenteed Roota but there is a chasm of difference between the two leagues. Money I think would be one issue but also the fact that if they did come in that the Raiders would have a superior list to anyone else. I know Lalbert are struggling but they would beat Moulamein at the present stage. ;)
So Raiders have a superior list to Wandella, Murrabit and Nullawil? I dont think so.

Yeah he had a lot of mates once upon a time,hope the move mid season was worth it?One golden rivers goal kickin trophy mens f#*k all if they were to loose this weekend GO THE TIGERS:D:D:D

Richie's had his foot stood on against Ultima... foot is in plaster and on crutches, on them for another few weeks last time i heard...

Tips for tomorrow-
Seniors-Nully by 4 goals
2nd's-Wandella by 5 goals
U17's-Hay by 8 goals.

Nullawil to win by 50 points tomorrow.
Too good across the board. Macorna would need blinders from Metro, Rowe, Carter and Mason and would need to make it a low scoring slug fest to pull it off.

Murrabit by 32 points next week against Wandella.

So Raiders have a superior list to Wandella, Murrabit and Nullawil? I dont think so.

Snibs, surely your not suggesting that if KB entered the league that they would be the 4th best side in the comp at best?

Ive tipped the Nullawil/Dedini double, so i cant be chopping and changing now.

Yer ive got a feeling, Nulawil by 6/8gls.

I woudnt go as far as saying the Goden Rivers FL finals system is left of center, but i will say its indifferent. Week off after winning an elimination final:eek:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back