Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There still a very good team and there probably not much worse than they were last year, Laursen and Burmiester have been good inclusions. I think they can definetly push for the flag again, if your going to under perform it's better at this time of year then in September.

The GRFL is wide open this year, I think we've seen already that picking a winner isn't as straight forward as in previous years. Except Hay and probably Ultima any other team can push for a finals birth and once you make the finals anything can happen.

yeah no doubt. I was just checking out the ladder, murrabit and nully on top with four wins with the next four teams all on three. I think this wknd game between moula and quamby will be one of the best games of the season. It is probably the most important game of the season for both of these clubs. I am a moula boy so i might sound a little bit biast when I say that I think we will do them.

Even thouogh they are quite a large team i think our little blokes will get the better of them. And with mick morson being dropped to the ressies this week and played very well even though he kicked no goals seven behinds I think that might of given him a little more confidence to get the hard ball.

There still a very good team and there probably not much worse than they were last year, Laursen and Burmiester have been good inclusions. I think they can definetly push for the flag again, if your going to under perform it's better at this time of year then in September.

The GRFL is wide open this year, I think we've seen already that picking a winner isn't as straight forward as in previous years. Except Hay and probably Ultima any other team can push for a finals birth and once you make the finals anything can happen.

Hey messenger, any truth in the rumour that Harvey and Harrison both did hamstrings?

Hey messenger, any truth in the rumour that Harvey and Harrison both did hamstrings?

Correct Bear, Haro went off just after half time and Harvey twinged his just before the end of the 3rd quarter. Harvey stayed on the ground at FF in the last quarter so I don't know how bad it is. He didn't really get to test it out because the ball only went into Wakool's F50 once in the last 1/4 which he got his hands on but sprayed the shot.

If it is serious Wakool could be in for a few tough weeks.

Correct Bear, Haro went off just after half time and Harvey twinged his just before the end of the 3rd quarter. Harvey stayed on the ground at FF in the last quarter so I don't know how bad it is. He didn't really get to test it out because the ball only went into Wakool's F50 once in the last 1/4 which he got his hands on but sprayed the shot.

the sheds must have rocking last night out at macorna. good effort to turn around from a 28 goals loss into a 4 goal win against the reigning premier. Was it a big week on the track? Howd Maso get the boys up?

the sheds must have rocking last night out at macorna. good effort to turn around from a 28 goals loss into a 4 goal win against the reigning premier. Was it a big week on the track? Howd Maso get the boys up?

It was only low key after the game, taking it one week at a time. No it's fair to say the boys enjoyed the win with a few frothies. Training was really good during the week and the old saying about playing how you train stands true.

Maso just mentioned that the team needed to get some respect back from the rest of the comp and a few of the supporters after what he described as "the worst loss of his career" last week. Not getting to carried away though, if the tiges go down next week to Nully they will have a lot of work to do to stay in the finals race.

Hey all, just wondering how Brendan Murchie has been going this year? I played for him while he was at Gosford for the past few years and has been our best player for that period, just interested to see how hes going in a stronger comp.

Hey all, just wondering how Brendan Murchie has been going this year? I played for him while he was at Gosford for the past few years and has been our best player for that period, just interested to see how hes going in a stronger comp.

Murchie was Macorna's best player yesterday, tough as nails and was under every pack. He was a little under done at the start of the season didn't do much pre season but he is starting to find his feet. He cut off the dreadlocks last week so that may have something to do with his improved form.

whats happening out at wakool these days?? are the wheels starting to fall off the wagon. they are deffinately in for a tough few weeks ahead of them with murrabit and nully, and if the said injurys restrict players from taking the field. should be interesting to see how the ladder develops heading into the halfway point of the season.

Good win to Macorna . Macorna 17 9 def Wakool 13 9. Big Coxy kicked 10, bloody good team effort, 4 goals down at 3/4 time and they kicked 8 to zip. But lets hope we back it up next week.
From the talk in the district it was supposed to be no Harvey no Wakool perhaps its no Ginger no defence line left at Wakool:rolleyes:

:thumbsu: Just thought you might like to know that Moulamein beat Hay by 151 points in the seniors, and in the reserves Hay had to borrow 3 Moulamein players and still got done by over 150 points with Hay not scoring at all.
What are you trying to say didn't Moulie go through similar figures for the last couple of years:p

not taking anything away from macorna bloody good effort to get up from being down by 4 goals. But did wakool have alot of injuries, and do you think that they are lacking down back
They may need your help old mate once the knees better grab a dollar or two. Surely Moulie out of cash:D

Who ?? Never heard of him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who does wakool got this week

for the people that know young Harry Lahy, just wondering how you think he will go coming back this year? was there talent there or not? a bloody tough thing for such a young kid at the age of 14 to go through.. hes got alot ahead of him.

for the people that know young Harry Lahy, just wondering how you think he will go coming back this year? was there talent there or not? a bloody tough thing for such a young kid at the age of 14 to go through.. hes got alot ahead of him.

yeah i know him..wat happened to him..nah no talent mate jst a young fella having a go

you say you had a knee reco if your the guy I'm thinking of you dont even play for moul town anymore they gave you marching orders, gave their Pres a mouthful in the guardian for a while quite brave of you:thumbsdown:

you dont even know wat your talking about you knob jockey...get your facts right before you go mouthing off...;)

yeah i know him..wat happened to him..nah no talent mate jst a young fella having a go

he did his AC while playing quamby last year and had the full reco the week after in early august. no talent at all you reckon? if i remember correctly, wasn't he meant to be off to play in the national carnival in Darwin for the NSW side (underage too) the week after he did it...? also i remember seeing his name in the central murray school boys last year. he was also under age for that too..U 15's and the kid was only 14. he must of had some talent.. what makes you think he didn't? seen him play a bit or..? how do you know him

he did his AC while playing quamby last year and had the full reco the week after in early august. no talent at all you reckon? if i remember correctly, wasn't he meant to be off to play in the national carnival in Darwin for the NSW side (underage too) the week after he did it...? also i remember seeing his name in the central murray school boys last year. he was also under age for that too..U 15's and the kid was only 14. he must of had some talent.. what makes you think he didn't? seen him play a bit or WHO DOES HE PLAY 4

atleast moula could still put a full side out each week...heard hays last reserves game for the season was on the weekend..
Shame to hear that really it appears that sides in the bush are starting to struggle more and more to field sides each year , how long before the reserves become a thing of the past .

he did his AC while playing quamby last year and had the full reco the week after in early august. no talent at all you reckon? if i remember correctly, wasn't he meant to be off to play in the national carnival in Darwin for the NSW side (underage too) the week after he did it...? also i remember seeing his name in the central murray school boys last year. he was also under age for that too..U 15's and the kid was only 14. he must of had some talent.. what makes you think he didn't? seen him play a bit or..? how do you know him
With ya mate kid can play think roves just mouths of for the sake of it. Hopefully his injury wont keep him out of action for to long and he will get the chance to perform to his full potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back